Problem with Hilton from LoT

Corinne_Brown

Hi - had a great time at Lords of Time last weekend, unfortunately it ended badly when the Hilton reception desk refused to give me a reduced con-rate for parking which means I had to pay £45 for 2.5 nights parking!

I am assuming this is a mistake on Hilton's part as I have always paid a cheaper rate of parking at Hallowhedon when I mentioned ME or SM at checkout.

Please can you advise this was the case as I will be complaining to the Hilton if I was supposed to be paying less for my parking - it raised the cost of the weekend considerably!

Corinne were you staying at the hotel? They give a standard reduced rate for residents, I've never known them to give a rate for people attending an event there who aren't staying.

I was staying at the hotel, although the lady behind reception didn't ask me that, she just said she couldn't find any info on a reduced rate under any Massive Events / Showmasters / Lords of Time name. As it was 1am when I left there was no one else to check with and no crew around to ask.

Thank you Queen_Sindel for looking into this :)

I suspect that may be where the problem was, all the times I've stayed there the reduced rate was for residents, not specifically for the convention, but she should have checked if you'd stayed at the hotel, that should have been her first question and you should have had the reduction for that reason in any case. I'd definitely complain.