6 months

Ginnean

I know you guys are busy working hard on various cons but please can we get some kind of update/announcement for hallowhedon. The last announcement we had was over 6 months ago. Are you still working on getting more guests or is this likely to be the final lone up? I know it depends largely on ticket salesbut have they been good enough that you're able to still be looking to add some more guests? Also any update on party themes would be greatly appreciated as many attendees make their costumes and are running out of time to do this. thanks x

As I am sure you will be aware, the SM/ME crew have many events through the year and negotiate for guests for all the events. Some contracts come back quickly. Some do not. Jason & Co have always stated that they try for guests right up to the last. Take into account that they are hitting Pilot and new series season. So guests may not know until closer the time whether they are available or not. You have a great line up at the moment, but SM/ME always try hard for the events.

Aw I know hallowhedon 4 is gonna rock - they always come through in the end. I'm just over eager I guess lol and with another six weeks to drag by until the con I was hoping for some snippet of news to ease the wait. You'd think by now I'd be used to the wait bur every year I'm the same lol wasn't complaining - just over eager. Apologies if that came across wrong x

it's a catch 22 as if you hold off booking waiting on guests you end up with low nos so ME cant book anymore guests and possibly put future cons at risk. Things are difficult financially now and having to pick and choose one con over another is hard, i can remember going to buffy/angel cons virtually every month years ago (I am probably still paying for those too). However now I tend to save for the 2 main ones left monthly so they're paid for come Sept/Oct. I'm sure ME said last year they need at least 300 to make the cons viable so we do need to support all events if we can to make sure they keep running.

We have seen a few other cons fall by the wayside this year already leaving us virtually just with signing events which if your just after a signature is fine but if you actually want to "meet" guests and other fans not so much, cons have always been about the community more than a production line so i hope we are not just going that way as it is quite soulless at signing events. The fanbase is strong,its a perfect time of year too, its just down to money for a lot of people so I hope we get a good attendance as this is a fun event & crossing fingers for HW5 as there are so many more guests to potentially invite from the shows.

Party themes would be good though for this year.

Edited by buffy2k

Aw I know hallowhedon 4 is gonna rock - they always come through in the end. I'm just over eager I guess lol and with another six weeks to drag by until the con I was hoping for some snippet of news to ease the wait. You'd think by now I'd be used to the wait bur every year I'm the same lol wasn't complaining - just over eager. Apologies if that came across wrong x

The one thing that makes Showmasters/Massive Events so unique is the amount of events it runs to cover all genres and all times of year. This is also a big weight to carry on the proverbial shoulders. I used to attend events elsewhere and they run roughly the same amount of events every year. Chatter is regular and semi-constant because they are generally focusing on the next event or two. They put enough time in between events to do this. So, Showmasters/Massive Events run many events and thus some events can seem to look like they are poor relations or being ignored where infact they are being attended to behind the scenes alongside many other events. So, maybe not seen or heard for a while...but never forgotten.