Best Event of the Year so far.....

AdamCarter

Well...it has to be said. This weekend has been phenomenal. I attended an event earlier this year and I and others felt it was the best event we had ever been to, and we have been to many.

However hot on the heels of that event comes "THE LORDS OF TIME"....and it really delivered. I cannot thank Jason, Paul and the team at Showmasters enough. All the guests were amazing, but to have David Tennant, at what I believe is his first Convention, then to be followed by Mark Benton and Anthony Head, well it doesn't get much better than that...but yes it does. There was a fantastic guest list. I got everything signed I wanted and all the studio photos I wanted, which I must admit I felt that I may miss out on a few with potentially big queues for David, but with some good organisation, it was done. And a mention to all the stewards who were really friendly and very helpful.

It was especially nice to see an event with the likes of David and Anthony, and yet not have it flooded with attendees. A lot of organisers could have milked it for all its worth, but from the start, it was said that this would be an nice intimate event, and it REALLY worked.

So to sum, I think the topic title says it all, got to chat with some great fellow attendees, heard some great stories from the guests, and have many memories of a fantastic weekend with "The Lords of Time".

THANK YOU SO MUCH SHOWMASTERS :clap:

Edited by etmuse
Non SM/ME Events cannot be mentioned
  • Like 1

It was especially nice to see an event with the likes of David and Anthony, and yet not have it flooded with attendees. A lot of organisers could have milked it for all its worth, but from the start, it was said that this would be an nice intimate event, and it REALLY worked.

As a more experienced veteran of Doctor Who events, all I can really say was it was an average Doctor Who event. It lacked a certain wow factor for me.

I'm interested to know what would have been a wow factor for you? I understand that everyone has different expectations of an event like this but its certainly interesting to hear peoples opinions

I'm interested to know what would have been a wow factor for you? I understand that everyone has different expectations of an event like this but its certainly interesting to hear peoples opinions

I'm not sure, perhaps I've just done too many similar events to be wowed anymore. The BBC event did - being so different, And the last event at the hotel, I'd not done one of theirs before so there was a certain freshness and, at least with the larger crowds it was easier to be caught up with the excitement.

Lords was no better or worse than a Bad Wolf; I probably spent more at Bad Wolf too.

It was a good weekend, but nothing exceptional. I've missed better.

Out of a crowd of about 30 regulars I see at events - be it collectomanias, signings or fan ran events, I only saw 5 of them at this one. And 3 of those were related.

for the cost the guest list was nice but not enough to get me especially with a chance to meet carole ann ford and william russell elsewhere. DT for one day who ive already met wasnt enough to entice me either, but i know he was for others.

a rare/ish companion would of wowed me.

For me only having met DT at the stage door after having seen him on stage in "Much Ado ABout Nothing", this was a great opportunity to get close to the Tenth Doctor. Plus having both Anthony Head and Mark Benton, well it was a unique opportunity that could not be passed on. And a key aspect, as mentioned, was that everything ran so smoothly, it can make so much of a difference.

for the cost the guest list was nice but not enough to get me especially with a chance to meet carole ann ford and william russell elsewhere. DT for one day who ive already met wasnt enough to entice me either, but i know he was for others.

You missed an excellent event. Guests were brilliant especially Mark Benton and Anthony Head. I'm glad I chose to go to this one as I have met both William and Carole at this years LFACC.

I had the pleasure of being involved in the intimate guest encounter with the lovely Frazer Hines. It was held in the boardroom of the hotel which made him go all Lord Sugar and fire me....i can now say ive been fired by Frazer Hines lol. Asides from that Anthony Head was so lovely and a total gentleman, David himself left me starstruck but he was great. I have a rivalry with my older brother to get pictures with all the doctors and David has put me 7-6 in the lead so I got him to sign an auto for my brother with 'That'll be 7-6 then' and upon explaining the pictures rivalry I got a very doctory "That's brilliant" from him. I ran out of time to get my photo with k-9 but met the lovely Mat Irvine. The whole event was a 40th birthday present for me and it was one i'll remember for a long time fondly....thank you so much.

You missed an excellent event. Guests were brilliant especially Mark Benton and Anthony Head. I'm glad I chose to go to this one as I have met both William and Carole at this years LFACC.

no doubt it was enjoyable, but had a couple of things for Carole and william (forgot one thing at LFCC) and with some guests its a case of not passing them up again when they come round, i cant see them doing many cons after next year, but more over, the total cost of LOT for me was too much for a line up that id mostly met. thats just for me.

how many ppl were there?

I had the pleasure of being involved in the intimate guest encounter with the lovely Frazer Hines. It was held in the boardroom of the hotel which made him go all Lord Sugar and fire me....i can now say ive been fired by Frazer Hines lol. Asides from that Anthony Head was so lovely and a total gentleman, David himself left me starstruck but he was great. I have a rivalry with my older brother to get pictures with all the doctors and David has put me 7-6 in the lead so I got him to sign an auto for my brother with 'That'll be 7-6 then' and upon explaining the pictures rivalry I got a very doctory "That's brilliant" from him. I ran out of time to get my photo with k-9 but met the lovely Mat Irvine. The whole event was a 40th birthday present for me and it was one i'll remember for a long time fondly....thank you so much.

sounds awesome