How was David Tennant

Starbug

I too ran into the no hugging-thing, but he was quite lovely about it and was happy to crouch down into a pose that to me was just as good *points to avatar*

I'm curious, what did he say when you guys asked for a hugging pose? Was it a straightforward "No" or did he give a reason?

For me, he didn't offer any options. I asked for a hugging picture and he mumbled something like "Ehhh.. I don't know.." I ignored (because it wasn't a total "no") and tried to put my hand to his left shoulder, but he just snapped "Don't do that" and pulled my hand away. I was so surprised that I couldn't think any other poses, so I ended up having two almost similar photos. The second photo was a portrait, not landscape, and there you can clearly see how uncomfortable David is feeling. Trying really hard to keep his distance!

He probably thought that you were still trying to hug him, he was perfectly fine with me, very happy, said it was nice to meet me, shook my hand and put his arm round me for the photo and I put my arm round his shoulder. But, I guess not everyone wants to be hugged and its not something we should expect.

I didn't have any problem either with this, I walked up calmly shook hands, smiled and we put our arms around each others shoulders for a very nice pic.

I too ran into the no hugging-thing, but he was quite lovely about it and was happy to crouch down into a pose that to me was just as good *points to avatar*

I'm curious, what did he say when you guys asked for a hugging pose? Was it a straightforward "No" or did he give a reason?

For me, he didn't offer any options. I asked for a hugging picture and he mumbled something like "Ehhh.. I don't know.." I ignored (because it wasn't a total "no") and tried to put my hand to his left shoulder, but he just snapped "Don't do that" and pulled my hand away. I was so surprised that I couldn't think any other poses, so I ended up having two almost similar photos. The second photo was a portrait, not landscape, and there you can clearly see how uncomfortable David is feeling. Trying really hard to keep his distance!

Ouch. Were you perhaps one of the first up so he didn't know what to expect?

No, I was one of the last silver guests queuing.

Oh well, I like hugging pictures, looks like David doesn't. We are all different.

I asked and he said "I'm sorry, I don't really do hugs, but maybe we could do it like this?" He actually looked sorry to disappoint too, which was rather sweet.

Although fair go on the poor man. I would feel pretty uncomfortable too if people I didn't know came up and wanted me to hug them. (Might be just me, but I thought he did have a bit of a deer-stuck-in-the-headlights look going on occasionally)

At least he was polite about it, i suppose it's all down to personal taste of what he wants to do, or he has been advised not to do hugging shots by someone, at least he was polite about it! Such a nice man!

Or semi polite in some cases ;p

David was lovely when it was my turn for a photo.

He knows me a bit and knows my name, so when I went up to him I said to him, "Is it ok if I hug you?"

He said, "Yeah course but you got loads."

He meant photos, not hugs.

I put my arms round his waist and he was fine with it.

When I thanked him as it was over he smiled at me and even said, "Take care."

As if that was the last time I was going to see him that day lol

xx

• 6 years later...