How was David Tennant

Starbug

David Tennant was SO friendly and happy, he made time for everyone which made the whole thing so much more exciting. I met John Barrowman last year and was so disappointed as he didn't even speak :no: - he's my idol you see. But I'm gonna try meeting him again at some point as I probably got him on a bad day??

The whole weekend was FAB.

Daisy Duke

• Like 1

He was lovely, really had time for everyone. Didn't feel rushed. My daughter loved him even more. He answered all the questions in the 'talk' really throughly and with a lighthearted edge. He was up for a laugh during the photo sessions. It was a fantastic weekend and David really topped it off. This was the 1st time we had been been to anything like this, defo doing it again. Thank u to everyone.

He was as lovely as ever and gave some witty responses to questions in his panel. Plus, now we know how David likes his tea!

And having a photo with him was a highlight for me - I asked him if we could face eachother for the shot and we had a staring competition, both of us trying not to laugh. I was really pleased with the pic. :clap:

• Like 2

Well a lot of us missed out autographs with him because the queues were just so big. So he gave up his free time to finish off the autograph session after his talk which I'm very grateful for, he was witty at the panel too and very pleasant to all at the photoshoot

Also, I really enjoyed his talk, especially when talking about Liz Sladen, I could feel his emotion and not sure if anyone else noticed, but when he first started answering the Liz Sladen question he looked up, it was a nice touch and it made me feel emotional during that talk.

Edited by MarthaFanatic
  • Like 1

He was really nice to everyone & very chatty! I loved that he took the time to properly speak to everyone. I know when me & my sister went up to get all our items signed he was happily chatting away to us & was so funny when he was commenting on all the other signatures that I'd got for my boxsets! He also had a good read at The Christmas Invasion script that my sister had & her canvas & was even giving her suggestions of where to hang it! Lol!

We were also lucky enough to get into David's guest encounter & that was a fantastic experience. Made both our weekends! :dance::clap:

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

Well a lot of us missed out autographs with him because the queues were just so big. So he gave up his free time to finish off the autograph session after his talk which I'm very grateful for

just so you know everyone will get there autographs we put in extra time here and there just incase there is a backlog , so the time we used was there for back up just incase .

we plan these things out and we can make most things work with a few tricks we have used in the past , we know its important to get everyone what they are sapposed to get , and at our events we make shore this happens :-)

i am glad you have had a good event

jason

Well a lot of us missed out autographs with him because the queues were just so big. So he gave up his free time to finish off the autograph session after his talk which I'm very grateful for

just so you know everyone will get there autographs we put in extra time here and there just incase there is a backlog , so the time we used was there for back up just incase .

we plan these things out and we can make most things work with a few tricks we have used in the past , we know its important to get everyone what they are sapposed to get , and at our events we make shore this happens :-)

i am glad you have had a good event

jason

Well in that case, Thank you very much Jason, I am very grateful :)

Disappointed that he didn't want to do a hugging picture, after all, I had paid £25 to get that. :(

But I was very grateful that he continued to do the autographs after his talk, I was one of last ones who got their autographs.

He didn't do a hugging photo? I'm surprised, but suppose we can't expect every guest wants to do hugging pictures.

I asked and he said "I'm sorry, I don't really do hugs, but maybe we could do it like this?" He actually looked sorry to disappoint too, which was rather sweet.

Although fair go on the poor man. I would feel pretty uncomfortable too if people I didn't know came up and wanted me to hug them. (Might be just me, but I thought he did have a bit of a deer-stuck-in-the-headlights look going on occasionally)

I asked and he said "I'm sorry, I don't really do hugs, but maybe we could do it like this?" He actually looked sorry to disappoint too, which was rather sweet.

Although fair go on the poor man. I would feel pretty uncomfortable too if people I didn't know came up and wanted me to hug them. (Might be just me, but I thought he did have a bit of a deer-stuck-in-the-headlights look going on occasionally)

Ah that's alright then, at least he suggested another option too. Yeah I respect him for that. Still was a great guy to everyone there.

I too ran into the no hugging-thing, but he was quite lovely about it and was happy to crouch down into a pose that to me was just as good *points to avatar*

I'm curious, what did he say when you guys asked for a hugging pose? Was it a straightforward "No" or did he give a reason?

For me, he didn't offer any options. I asked for a hugging picture and he mumbled something like "Ehhh.. I don't know.." I ignored (because it wasn't a total "no") and tried to put my hand to his left shoulder, but he just snapped "Don't do that" and pulled my hand away. I was so surprised that I couldn't think any other poses, so I ended up having two almost similar photos. The second photo was a portrait, not landscape, and there you can clearly see how uncomfortable David is feeling. Trying really hard to keep his distance!

I too ran into the no hugging-thing, but he was quite lovely about it and was happy to crouch down into a pose that to me was just as good *points to avatar*

I'm curious, what did he say when you guys asked for a hugging pose? Was it a straightforward "No" or did he give a reason?

For me, he didn't offer any options. I asked for a hugging picture and he mumbled something like "Ehhh.. I don't know.." I ignored (because it wasn't a total "no") and tried to put my hand to his left shoulder, but he just snapped "Don't do that" and pulled my hand away. I was so surprised that I couldn't think any other poses, so I ended up having two almost similar photos. The second photo was a portrait, not landscape, and there you can clearly see how uncomfortable David is feeling. Trying really hard to keep his distance!

Ouch. Were you perhaps one of the first up so he didn't know what to expect?

He probably thought that you were still trying to hug him, he was perfectly fine with me, very happy, said it was nice to meet me, shook my hand and put his arm round me for the photo and I put my arm round his shoulder. But, I guess not everyone wants to be hugged and its not something we should expect.