Newbie asking for help...

Hi all.

So many guests I want to meet at this event, but am totally clueless as to how they're "run" as Ive never been to any of these type shows before.

I understand the idea behind the normal/early bird tickets, and I understand about buying the photo ops online.

What I dont understand, is how the queue system works for autographs and/or photos works once inside. Can we just queue up for autographs as/when we want, or do we have to queue to buy yet more tickets, then queue again to get the autographs? Sorry if this seems a daft question but I couldnt find any FAQon the subject (unless Im going blind!)

Thanks for all/any help :)

• Moderators

This thread (which is usually pinned at the top of each section but hasn't quite made it to this one yet) will give you a lot of answers you might be looking for - it explains the 'virtual queuing' system which will be in place for busy guests.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74406

Thankyou thats perfect!

2 things though..

It says "Note: If you are there before the show opens you will have to wait for the VTs to be given out. Queue up at the guest that is number one on your list." but I thought the whole point of the early bird tickets was so you could get in and get VTs faster? If you cant, then whats the point in early bird tickets? Or am I reading this wrong?

Also at one point in that thread it says a friend can get a VT for a celeb even if theyre not getting an autograph (to carry bags, take pics, etc), but later on in the thread it says you cant join the queue unless you're going to buy an autograph!

These 2 points have me totally confused. Thanks for any help :)

• Moderators

VTs are given out from the time the show opens for early bird - in the case of this event that is the earliest you can access the hall so you will be able to collect VTs immediately.

Someone can bring a friend to carry things/accompany them in the queue to meet a guest. If the guest is on VT, both people will need a VT ticket. One OR both of you must be buying an autograph! (Yes, there are people who try to join busy queues with no intention of actually paying for an autograph, sometimes in groups!)