More Gold Tickets to be sold?

Toni Facinelli

Is it true that more gold tickets are going to be sold.

Surely the point of having a only a certain number of gold tickets is that, there is good number of people in the drinks reception and the gold ticket holders actually get to speak to the guests, the tables are cramped enough at the gold receptions without letting more people in, if there are more gold tickets sold will there be more tables and will the reception be longer to ensure everyone gets a fair chance to speak to the guests.

From Queen Sindel: This is not official information. Neither me nor TooTall have heard anything about this. No e-mail about this has been sent through the forum software.

If the person who got the e-mail that started this off can please forward said e-mail to me (address is in my profile) I will gladly check into this.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
additional info added
  • Like 4

I agree. Gold is limited to 150 for a reason. If they're sold out, then they're sold out. Some people waited in line at ET7 to ensure they got a gold ticket. It doesn't only affect other Golds, but also people in silver and standard seats because there would more than likely be another row of chairs, therefore high silver tickets will be pushed back in the talks.

Gold should be on a first come, first serve basis.

• Like 2

I agree, it won't be special if you sell more. The reasons for going Gold will be taken away. The opportunity to talk to the guests at the drinks reception, having prime seating in the talks. If I get pushed back a row, I might as well have gone silver!

• Like 2

Another one who would not be amused

I left myself skint to pay for 2 gold tickets a good few months ago now as there wasn't many left and would be peed off if more got sold and I could have waited.

The gold drinks reception is manic enough as it is (and I've never been to one that's actually sold out of golds before!) without adding even more people into it!

X

• Like 1

(If people are wondering why we think more gold tickets are going to be sold, someone posted on the ET8 Facebook Group that they'd had an email saying that the organisers had said they were thinking of adding more Gold tickets)

I am in agreement with everyone else. The conventions have 150 gold tickets with good reason and I don't think it's fair that there is the possibility of more being sold. It makes it unfair on those who are silver and will be pushed back in the talks and it makes the gold drinks reception less intimate, so to speak.

• Like 1

Sorry but people knew tickets were getting low. If you wanted one that bad you should have bought one.

At ET4 I ended up in group Z and was really told off for asking more gold and silver tickets to be released. How is this fair?

It's false promise for silver and standard tickets. People have bought silver tickets under the impression they would be 150+... 200+!! If they had know that I'm sure more people would hve gone gold in the first place, along with many more trading issues.

I don't care if it's the last ET I'd be very disappointed if this happens and will seriously think about buying tickets for other cons run by showmasters/massive events.

For future cons why don't we all just wait until 2 weeks before and beg for my gold tickets to be released... It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

I've not even got a gold ticket but I totally agree with the points made. It's not fair for the people who already have gold tickets as it will cause their personal time with the guests to be cut short in the drinks reception, and then it will obviously have a knock on effect to us silvers as a few have said it will cause our seating to be pushed further back in the talks. Hope they don't go ahead with this :(

I have checked with TooTall before he left for Lords of Time and I can confirm that neither he nor I have heard about this. We are both not aware of an e-mail going out either. I have access to the admin panel so if this e-mail would have come through the forum I'd see this now.

There's an e-mail address in my profile. If the person who got this e-mail could please forward the e-mail to me at this address I'd appreciate this very much.

I get what everyone is saying and yeah I'll admit I wouldn't want to get shoved back a few rows :L but showmasters are trying to make this the biggest best last twilight convention ever !! There are still newbies coming and more people equal better guests and not everyone can afford a ticket straight away :L

But that isn`t the point?! The whole thing that makes Gold special is that it is a limited amount of tickets making the experience more intimate :/

I get what everyone is saying and yeah I'll admit I wouldn't want to get shoved back a few rows :L but showmasters are trying to make this the biggest best last twilight convention ever !! There are still newbies coming and more people equal better guests and not everyone can afford a ticket straight away :L

Think you have missed the point.....no problem with a bigger better con....just not at people who have scraped the money together early to buy Gold's sake! By all means sell more tickets if it means more guests etc, but not at the 150 gold people's expense that's all!

Think you have missed the point.....no problem with a bigger better con....just not at people who have scraped the money together early to buy Gold's sake! By all means sell more tickets if it means more guests etc, but not at the 150 gold people's expense that's all!

I agree, bigger and better is good but gold is limited and special - can you imagine how hectic it would be if you had so many more golds in the drinks reception? The special thing about gold is the exclusivity (is that a word? :P ) and that it's limited.

Is this a fact? Cos I am on SM/ME mailing list and I did not get any emails about this and IF this is true I am not happy either..I got my ticket asap I knew they were running low so sorry, sold out IS sold out, simple as that...

As I have posted above, this is the first thing I hear about it. I can confirm no e-mail has gone out over the mailing list.

I have asked that the person who got this e-mail forwards it to me so I can check on it, but unfortunately that hasn't happened.

I understand what you are saying but if you have had your gold ticket for a while your number Is going to be higher up therefore you will be nearer the front and it won't affect you it will affect silvers and standards!! I think that is it nice that new people want to come to the event and more people isn't going to change the value of your ticket it will create a better atmosphere and I think people should think about other people and try to be more inclusive and open to mememnbers and to create a great experience for everyone after all we aree all there for the same reqson aren't we?