Hanging on and hanging on...

Hi, not intending to be rude on this so don't take it offensively please...but does anyone know when roughly these 'big' guests are going to be announced? I completely get that you organizers want to create suspense, etc. but the event's getting closer and closer, and I know myself, and loads of other folk, have to book travel and hotels to get to the event...

I know the event would still be a good day without people's favorite guests anyway, but being honest, people aren't going to book travel early if there's nobody going that interests them, especially if you're travelling from further a field.

Hope someone gets back to me. Cheers

(Ps, hope this topic doesn't make me sound like a twit)

Unfortunately, it's impossible to say, these big guests might not even be announced at all! It's all down to contracts being signed ect! What i've been telling myself is that, this event will never be as big as LFCC but will still be good just not as good as this years LFCC as that would be very hard to beat!

• Like 1

• Moderators

You don't sound like a twit.

Hopefully I won't sound like a twit with my response, even though it's inevitable and pretty obvious ;)

(1) They'll be announced when everything's finalised. It's to the benefit of the organisers to get this done asap so they can be advertised, so no-one's held back deliberately!

(2) They're not guaranteed. Things can and do change on a day to day basis.

(3) As others have said, 'big' is open to interpretation, and it doesn't mean they'd be someone you're interested in anyway!

So if they're all you're waiting for, then you'll have to make a decision whether to take a risk and book, or not..

• Like 1

They said they were gonna be on a par with LFCC...I have a really good feeling about Rose McGowan...I'm really hoping Showmasters are in contact with her. I know everyone's into different people, so some people might think people are 'big' and some might think they aren't. But usually at the events they have quite a few generically 'big' guests...if you get me - I'm typing it and it sounds confusing :L haha -

In times past when Showmasters ran far fewer events then announcements were never really that much of an issue as they only had 1 or 2 dates to book guests for with shows like LFCC and CM etc. But, as was mentioned a while back, in order to grow and getter more guests considered as BIG or HEADLINERS, then Showmasters had to offer more dates. So, with expansion into Weekend Conventions as well as signing events, you may find that a guest could be available for one weekend but not the one after or before. I think the way SM/ME have expanded their schedule has inadvertantly left themselves open to people who want this guest or that guest moaning when they cannot get them for the one event that person can go to. It is unfortunate, but they have been getting guests that were one time only to come back. That in itself is a great sign. Rarely have SM/ME disappointed.

• Moderators

They said they were gonna be on a par with LFCC...I have a really good feeling about Rose McGowan...I'm really hoping Showmasters are in contact with her. I know everyone's into different people, so some people might think people are 'big' and some might think they aren't. But usually at the events they have quite a few generically 'big' guests...if you get me - I'm typing it and it sounds confusing :L haha -

Doesn't guarantee anything though. Guests can easily pull out before finalising - I'm aware of a few! Wish I wasn't.. lol

Anyway considering the Charmed guests they've had before, I don't think you need to worry about them trying to get Rose. I'm pretty sure if/when they can get her, they will.

• Like 1

To me Fred Williamson, Robert Englund, Mike Tyson, Frank Bruno and Steven Berkoff are HUGE guests whereas I had no idea who Rose Mcgowan was before I looked her up on IMDb 5 mins ago :-) (Turned out I did know her after all haha).

It's all relative and comes down to personal preferences. Last year everyone was excited about David Tennant coming to EMS but I was not interested in him at all.

I'm not complaining about guests but I am wondering when the ones they're teasing will be announced, cause not everyone lives near London.

When they have put pen to paper basically. It could very well be a delay in the contract being signed at the guest end. It could be one of many things. As is the standard reply, and the only reply really, they will be announced when the contract is signed and in the hands of the organisers. Only then do they know that the guest has committed to appearing subject to work that may come up.

• Like 1

I would say Steven Berkoff is one of the BIG guests he is one class actor i am trying to find the money so i can meet him but as other people have said it all depends who is big to them

He seems to be popping up in so much stuff I am watching as of late. Class actor.

Thanks for a couple of the comments, but most of you aren't really listening to what I was saying. I'm not saying some aren't big at all...I'm not saying Rose McGowan is God either, just that I'm hoping she's attending. I think of Hayden Panettiere as 'big' and then some people I've met have no idea who she is lol. So it's personal opinion at the end of the day.