Stargate Military Costumes

raiden58237

Hey guys n girls.

My SGC soldier cos is finished. If you were at LFCC then you most probs saw me in it. I had it on for 2 of the 3 days I was there. Even though the camo was only British DPM it still worked. You dont really need to be precise with cos play as long as it is close enough. The only time you need to be precise is when you get really picky people have a go at you and even then you can just turn round and say either "shut up" or "at least im trying unlike you". No one cared about me wearing British DPM at LFCC and no one will care at chevron. You do cospaly mainly because you find it fun and to have a laugh with others.

If you need help finding specific military items or uniforms for cosplay then add me on facebook (if it lets you). I dont mind helping anyone find items for cosplay. I already got some items lined up for my next cosplay. If your on a specific budget let me know and I will do my best to help you. With all the military outfits, equipment and weapons I hunt down in my spare time I know where to go for anything, especially rare items.

Below is a link of me in my SGC Soldier costume. The only thing you can't see is my boots and the earth patch on my left arm but if you go into my nerd album on facebook you can see all of it separate.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151043380772894&set=a.10150931050862894.409406.698447893&type=3&theater

You dont really need to be precise with cos play as long as it is close enough. The only time you need to be precise is when you get really picky people have a go at you and even then you can just turn round and say either "shut up" or "at least im trying unlike you". No one cared about me wearing British DPM at LFCC and no one will care at chevron.

It doesn't have to be close enough as long as it's within reason. But Stargate costumes look like this.....

stg.jpg

The picture of SG1 show's the "Offworld olive drab" costume, Raidens costume was aimed more at replicating the "Woodland costume" as worn by the security forces in Cheyanne mountain or one of the other offworld teams.

Other uniforms seen in SG1 include but are not limited to:

Tricolour desert with "Wep jackets" and MA1 Jackets

Black BDU and "Wep Jackets"

Blue Garrison

Green Garrison

ACU

Marpat

SGA wore:

Mid Grey BDU

Marpats

Black BDU

Custom "Dickie" Grey and tan uniforms

Urban Digital

SGU wore:

Desert Marpat

Custom Black

Air Force ABU's

Most people who have seen the show identify with the badges and the basic look.As a side point back when SG1 was on there was a popular Stargate website that created a British gate team and they wore British DPM and was commented on by the show as an option for another international team in later episodes.

I have spent many years and far too much money collecting the uniforms of the stargate franchise and they are not always easy to come by - cosplay is all about the people being involved and making things suit the concept so well done Raiden58327 and I will see you at Chevron very soon.

Darkrecall

Edited by Darkrecall