my thoughts from the weekend

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

we had another weekend with the new Photo ops and the photo lab worked 100% we had one hick up when we had the wrong lens on one of the cameras we used but this was fixed as soon as we found out , it was a little mess up but was soon fixed and everyone got a good photo when we found out so all was good at the end of the day .

we tested out and pushed this new system and its held up with out any issues on speed so we are all ready.

as for the show its self numbers were a little up on last year maybe only 200 or so but thats fine thank you for all the people that came and spouted the show like you do every year.

the dealers did very well and we had a few more than last year and only has about 4 spear in the hall and 99% rebooked for next year .

as for the guests i think they all were really great and cool and wanted to be there and hang out with the fans which is really nice .

for next year we plan to have a bit more variety of guests and we will try to get the same amount on each day and also a few more so we can do more talks .

as for the auction this is very popular for this show and we will see if we can find a few more cool items to offer you all next year as this really seems to be very popular .

over all this event covered itself and is going the right way and we will be back on August 24TH & 25TH 2013

i know myself and all the crew had a great time with you all at the show and really enjoy seeing you all and we also get to hang out with so many more of our Scottish crew which is also a lot of fun thanks to everyone that attended and also to everyone that helped make this event happened and also all the fans that help get the word out by asking for flyers and getting them out into the shows it really helped thanks

so see you all there

jason :WAVE:

• Like 4

Awesome! Really enjoyed this year and was the first time i stayed for the whole thing and also going in costume, so was real good fun. Great to hear that numbers are going up and it seems most do keep going each year.

A nice varied guest list, with both days getting the same number of "that day only" is really going to make next year extra special, and i can't wait for it!

I will pencil in those dates right away!

As I said in another post, I had a great time as always. I did not understand any of the negativity beforehand, especially from people who were always very supportive of this events. The stalls were more less the same as always, the number of guests was similar and it apparently was even slightly busier than last year as well. Like Jason said, the guests seemed to be happy to be there as well. I met 7 guests (a Glasgow record for me) and all of them were really nice and chatty.

I agreed that the auctions seemed to be popular, although I was slightly annoyed that the Gil Gerard/Erin Gray signed Buck Rogers pic that I paid £25 for on Saturday went for only £15 on Sunday :smile:

I've went to this event every since it started and always supported it but this year I felt it was a Dr Who convention and was a little disappointed. However, I did still attend and have to say the stalls were amazing as they always are at Glasgow. I look forward to a more varied guest list next year though :)

Great to hear that the event is on for next year. I will be back, and I'll be taking my family again (minus the pram next time- well maybe a buggy).

Be clear about ticket prices for the under 5's next time so that I don't get a heart attack again...

See you all next year.

Hi nice to see some good items at the auction my fav part of the day and definatelly an improvement on last years if you can improve again on this it should be one of the big highlight of the show I spent 125 quid on Saturday at the auction and got some nice items the only thing was you could have done with more time for next years as it was a bit of a rush as there was quite a lot to get through in 30m maybe a 45minute slot for the auction would be more suited anyway good Improvement form last year.

BasG I was not sad to see the Gill Gerard/Erin Gray go for £15.00 as I won it...thought I got a real bargain...but £25.00 is still a good price to pay for great childhood memories.

Cant wait for next year,

Haha, Well done :-) But, as you said, I thought £25 was good value as well for these legends!

awsome weekend and enjoyed our wee chat on Saturday night Jason . I only had one wee hick up the whole weekend due to over heating in costume and not being able to get water , even when asking a member of the showmasters crew to quote her "it's only for the crew" . it might be an idea to allow costumers water especially the Garrison members as these costumes can be realy really hot .

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

awsome weekend and enjoyed our wee chat on Saturday night Jason . I only had one wee hick up the whole weekend due to over heating in costume and not being able to get water , even when asking a member of the showmasters crew to quote her "it's only for the crew" . it might be an idea to allow costumers water especially the Garrison members as these costumes can be realy really hot .

In general she was right. If we start giving water away to everyone we'll likely not have enough for the crew. We don't just buy 1000s of bottles it's all space in the van when we have to take it back. Also the cost to the show to start just giving out free bottled water.

If you guys know you will get hot, then maybe you need to look at bringing your own crate or two of water?

But saying this, if you find yourself in the same situation again please talk to a Pit Boss (crew in red) and explain the situation and I'm sure we can help. We'd not want someone passing out due to having no water, when we have some.