Is this event going to happen?

Lady_T

I want this event to happen, believe me, but with only 87 days to go and very little going on on here and the website, is it really going to happen this time?

I know it has already been postponed on two occassions, and I keep hanging on hoping that it's third time lucky, but I am afraid I'm not hopeful. Can Showmasters give us some sort of sign?

I would prefer to know if this is going to go ahead, or maybe be postponed until the new year, after The Hobbit has hit the big screen.

I'm pretty sure it's going ahead, maybe a confirmation post from Jason saying they're working on stuff wouldn't go a miss but I'm 99.9% sure this will still go ahead, to be honest there are only so many LOTR guests which they can get, They're either too big and would cost too much or tied up with the hobbit, i'd be happy with billy and john but have faith in showmasters, they've not let anyone down yet :D

This kind of post seems to crop up for every event and really it serves no purpose other than to make others anxious. When there is news to post Massive Events will post it, the fact that they haven't posted anything does not mean they're not actively working on the event. We are still months away from the event and there is lots of time for guest announcements and more information to come, please try to be patient if you can, I know that Jason is passionate about this event and that they are working hard behind the scenes.

My intention was not to make anyone anxious. I have watched and waited for news on this event, just like I did when it was originally announced, and then when it was postponed not once, but twice, and I want this event to happen as much as everyone else. I want it to happen, but I also want to know if it is not going to happen. We are less than three months from the even, and there have been no updates since March.

The purpose of the post is to obtain information. Nothing more than that.

"but have faith in showmasters, they've not let anyone down yet"

Please tell me that's sarcasm. Showmasters have been cancelling LOTR conventions on me since 2007.

My advice, don't get too excited. If it happens, hooray, we'll all have a great time. If not, we get a refund and can spend the money on going to see The Hobbit another 10 times :smile:

Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to conventions, having only learned about the concept three years ago, and I've never been to one yet. I've been tempted by the Star Trek one coming up... but I was particularly thrilled to learn about Return to Middle Earth, and would rather save my money to spend on this :)

I think a lot can happen in two months, so even if it seems quiet, I'm pretty confident about it going ahead. The publicity for The Hobbit can only drive up interest.

I'm really shy about meeting new people though, so I'm not sure I'd really get THAT much out of it - does it generally attract more confident people? I think I'd just clam up haha. But I guess still worth it for a first experience of a convention, and it's for my biggest passion - Lord of the Rings :)

Hello! I'm new to this forum and also new to conventions, having only learned about the concept three years ago, and I've never been to one yet. I've been tempted by the Star Trek one coming up... but I was particularly thrilled to learn about Return to Middle Earth, and would rather save my money to spend on this :)

I think a lot can happen in two months, so even if it seems quiet, I'm pretty confident about it going ahead. The publicity for The Hobbit can only drive up interest.

I'm really shy about meeting new people though, so I'm not sure I'd really get THAT much out of it - does it generally attract more confident people? I think I'd just clam up haha. But I guess still worth it for a first experience of a convention, and it's for my biggest passion - Lord of the Rings :)

You're not alone in being shy about meeting new people. There's so many of us that are "socially challenged" of one variety or another, but somehow, it all works.

Edited by laurab1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you :-) That is certainly the conclusion I've come to over these last couple of weeks. I've been unwell today and just finished watching The Return of the King appendices curled up on the sofa. It really brought home how special it would be to meet these lovely friendly actors like John and Billy, and the fans who love it all as much as me.

• Like 2