Hope you all enjoy the event!

Tanith

Yeah i understand why it's more, plus you get entry on the Sunday too, i'm not really complaining on that one, just that if you make that effort you do think they would get something extra - like last year there was a free guest for the first 200 people, something like that since if your going in early chances are you'll spend more time/money at the event.

• Moderators

One thing I did think was quite cheeky was one stall selling the free meerkats you get from buying your insurance through them.

Cheeky? There's a huge collectable market for those out there, especially when lots of people don't want insurance. No surprise at all.

One thing I did think was quite cheeky was one stall selling the free meerkats you get from buying your insurance through them.

Cheeky? There's a huge collectable market for those out there, especially when lots of people don't want insurance. No surprise at all.

More fool the people that pay it then. Want one, take out a credit card through them, don't use it then cancel it once you've got your toy. Toy for free!

Not to mention the fact that if people are making a profit they'll pron stop it. The greedy people runining it for everyone else again.

Edited by vampiric_kitten

More fool the people that pay it then. Want one, take out a credit card through them, don't use it then cancel it once you've got your toy. Toy for free!

Not to mention the fact that if people are making a profit they'll pron stop it. The greedy people runining it for everyone else again.

It's no different to people selling the toys you get free at Macdonalds!! I remember all those dogs & cats going for ridiculous money on eBay when they first came out & everyone wanted a full set.

The dealers are offering a service to people who want to collect & at the end of the day if they do not make money then they don't have a business!!

• Like 2

Hi I really enjoyed the event this year Sarah Douglas and Colin Baker were great to meet and talk too and i would like to thank the dealers,crew and people in costume who were truly nice and got a lot of cool bargains :smile: iam reallying looking forward to next years event and going to the Entertainment Media Show next october :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

We were there about 3 hours if that from arriving at 9am to close at 5pm. Wasn't feeling it today, atmosphere felt weird, there were hardly any dealers...it was like a jumble sale :-( which is a shame. I'm interested to know what the turn out was x

well i know that there was a lot of negativity before the event and i think you got bought up in that i feel ? , the event had the same dealers as last year and intact had one or two more than last year , the amount of people attending this year was up a little as well , i did talk to one or two people that this was there first event with us and they said they did not know if they were going to attend after what they read on the forum about the guests etc, but when they got to the show they had a really great time and said to me that some of the people on the forum had nearly put them off attending , i think the way some people are on here being so negative dose not help the event and is damaging the show , this is something that is becoming a real issue , and as someone that is here to run the events part of the job it to protect the events and help promote them , we are here for this and i think some of this silly negativity needs to stop so people like your self touchthesky gos into he show looking forward to it not being disheartened before you even show up .

its not every going to be LFCC that LFCC its Collectomaina Glasgow and it is just that and its what people want from it , if suddenly people start to buy autographs from the guest in a bigger way we will carter for that interest but as it stands right now its not that important to the fans attending , i must say cosplay did seem much bigger this year so that is something we are going to look at growing for next years show

just some thoughts

hope you enjoy the show next year better touchthesky

jason

• Like 2

I was disappointed the scrap metal stall wasn't there this year :(

Technicly there NOT free though, as that person has to take out insurance, probably the only meerkats that you wont ever see in shops? same goes for the Macdonalds toys that you get with happy meals, these are always for sale in the stalls also...

out of interest..... How much were the Meerkats selling for??

Hello all

Took the wife and two kids, so YES, we were one of the pram pushing offenders HAHA! Seriously though, bringing me kids to these things makes such a difference when talking to the guests. This year it was Sonny Caldinez, as he was crazy over my wee girl. When I asked to have my picture taken with him, he insisted that she be in the picture too. Such a nice guy, so was his wife (I assume it was it wife).

In the past most guests seem to like talking about family stuff e.g. Shane Rangi, Marina Sirtis, David Prowse. But to be fair to Cyberman, yeah there were a lot of prams this year. It is a family show/event though...

Ron Donachie was cool, and spoke very enthusistically about Game of Thrones. Really nice man.

Ken Colley was a real treat, as not only was he the only SW guest this year, but he was one of the stars that I have always wanted to meet. Admiral Piett! Interesting hearing him talk about the controversy that surrounded Life of Brian.

Only negative was being charged £10 for my 3 year old to get in. Seriously!?

Big thanks to the guy from the stall that gave my boy that free badge after I bought the Batfink toy. That was really nice of him.

As guest assistant to Sonny i can confirm that was his wife and its no wonder he wanted your daughter in the photo as she is a little star herself

We were there about 3 hours if that from arriving at 9am to close at 5pm. Wasn't feeling it today, atmosphere felt weird, there were hardly any dealers...it was like a jumble sale :-( which is a shame. I'm interested to know what the turn out was x

well i know that there was a lot of negativity before the event and i think you got bought up in that i feel ? , the event had the same dealers as last year and intact had one or two more than last year , the amount of people attending this year was up a little as well , i did talk to one or two people that this was there first event with us and they said they did not know if they were going to attend after what they read on the forum about the guests etc, but when they got to the show they had a really great time and said to me that some of the people on the forum had nearly put them off attending , i think the way some people are on here being so negative dose not help the event and is damaging the show , this is something that is becoming a real issue , and as someone that is here to run the events part of the job it to protect the events and help promote them , we are here for this and i think some of this silly negativity needs to stop so people like your self touchthesky gos into he show looking forward to it not being disheartened before you even show up .

its not every going to be LFCC that LFCC its Collectomaina Glasgow and it is just that and its what people want from it , if suddenly people start to buy autographs from the guest in a bigger way we will carter for that interest but as it stands right now its not that important to the fans attending , i must say cosplay did seem much bigger this year so that is something we are going to look at growing for next years show

just some thoughts

hope you enjoy the show next year better touchthesky

jason

To be honest Jason I doubt we will be there next year, unless something really pulls us there. Would rather 1) have more money for LFCC and 2) perhaps be able to go to EMS.

Guess I'm just a big convention kinda girl ;-)