Hope you all enjoy the event!

Tanith

Had a great day today, although it was sullied by some wee ned grabbing my lightsaber and hitting my girlfriend with it. Luckily it didn't hurt her that much, but it kinda ruined today. Won't be cosplaying tomorrow due to this, although it was outside the convention and inside the shopping centre itself so not sure if it's anything to do with y'all, just wanted to make aware that neds are afoot and will maybe try and grab your costumes! Be vigilant!

We were there about 3 hours if that from arriving at 9am to close at 5pm. Wasn't feeling it today, atmosphere felt weird, there were hardly any dealers...it was like a jumble sale :-( which is a shame. I'm interested to know what the turn out was x

I know the feeling. We were actually only in an hour, bought a couple of things but nothing spectacular

All in all, I enjoyed the day. Picked up some stuff that I was looking for, a couple of autographs, a talk & my only complaint was that it was difficult to get to some of them stands because it was very busy in places!

Well done to the 501st garrison who showed up in numbers...

I was there yesterday and it was busy especially people with prams, some how think they were not in to get photo shoot or an autograph, think they were only in browsing, MG you could not move because of the prams, thats my only moan for the show.

I had my photo taken with Ron Donachie from the Game of Thrones, very nice guy, and my photo was printed in seconds none of this waiting for hours and scrambling at a table to get what was yours, this is a fantastic effort by Showmasters I hope you keep this up for next years LFCC.

I arrived at 12:30 and left at 3:30 I did notice that the autograph area was very quiet at the times I went passed, I must have went round these stalls many times, even the photoshoots were quiet, it was a joy to get your photo taken without any long standing. I went to Ron's talk and very interesting it was.

I must admit that some of the tables(stalls) were as if they were selling second hand stuff others were genuine, most of them I noticed as if they were stall holders from the LFCC.

For the people who dress up, they were fanstastic lots of effort was taken to decide in what they were going as, I pass a guy who was dressed up as Johnny Depp from the Pirates of the Caribbean who took a lot of working on his costume.

I had a very interesting afternoon roll of London 2013

Thanks Showmasters

Edited by Cyberman
  • Like 1

went both days, lots of figures, cards, posters, and comics bought, enjoyed the talks very much and thought virginia hey was just lovely.

my nephew got dressiing up and caught up with friends old and some new at the cosplay comp and at the ukcm tables too.

a great weekend was had, even by my 70+ mum so without a doubt, youll be seeing us same time next year.

• Like 2

Hello all

Took the wife and two kids, so YES, we were one of the pram pushing offenders HAHA! Seriously though, bringing me kids to these things makes such a difference when talking to the guests. This year it was Sonny Caldinez, as he was crazy over my wee girl. When I asked to have my picture taken with him, he insisted that she be in the picture too. Such a nice guy, so was his wife (I assume it was it wife).

In the past most guests seem to like talking about family stuff e.g. Shane Rangi, Marina Sirtis, David Prowse. But to be fair to Cyberman, yeah there were a lot of prams this year. It is a family show/event though...

Ron Donachie was cool, and spoke very enthusistically about Game of Thrones. Really nice man.

Ken Colley was a real treat, as not only was he the only SW guest this year, but he was one of the stars that I have always wanted to meet. Admiral Piett! Interesting hearing him talk about the controversy that surrounded Life of Brian.

Only negative was being charged £10 for my 3 year old to get in. Seriously!?

Big thanks to the guy from the stall that gave my boy that free badge after I bought the Batfink toy. That was really nice of him.

• Like 2

I have enjoyed the event through out all the day. The talks were nice to have for each guest and everyone was pleasant during the experience. Cosplaying was nice to see with a good effort into the costumes.

The only thing I would say was that there wasn't much tables that got my attention. I would of thought there would be more. But that's not going to spoil the day.

So all in all. A good day.

Edited by Extreme0

Had a good time again this year. After attending LFCC for the first time this year, I can say I'm really glad the talks are free at Glasgow Collectormania. I didn't really know much about any of the guests, so hearing them talk was really interesting. Virginia was so inspiring, Michael Keating was hilarious, and Sarah Douglas sounded like she's had a lot of interesting experiences in her career! Didn't find anything at the stalls this year, and nothing at the auction either.

Although admittedly the guest list wasn't the most spectacular I still met seven guests :smile: . All of them I found to be very friendly, especially Sarah Douglas, who to me was the biggest of the guests in attendance. I was at the talks of Virginia Hey, Sarah Douglas, Ron Donachie and Sonny Caldinez, and like MrBiji said above, I didn't really know much about any of them either but that makes the talks all the more interesting. Sonny was very funny and boy can Virginia talk :smile:! All guests were also happy to pose for a picture with me although Virginia, who I found very pleasant to talk to as well, wanted only to pose with the picture she had signed rather than with me as she enthusiastically promoted the photo shoots, fair play to her!

I'd be interested to know how to dealers got on. Although the Arena was quite busy on Saturday, less so today as expected, I don't know how much money was actually spent at he stalls. I think some of the stalls seling less expensive merchandise seemed to doing well but I talked to one of the autograph sellers and he said business was 'terrible'. As Showmasters have said before this event is not 'guest driven' (with only 8 guests signing on the Sunday...) it is important that at least some money is spent on the merchandise available for this event to continue I guess.

The Cos players were good as well altough most of the time I have no clue who people are supposed to be, I'm getting old I suppose :smile:

Only 6 weeks to go for EMS :dance:

Hello all

Took the wife and two kids, so YES, we were one of the pram pushing offenders HAHA! Seriously though, bringing me kids to these things makes such a difference when talking to the guests. This year it was Sonny Caldinez, as he was crazy over my wee girl. When I asked to have my picture taken with him, he insisted that she be in the picture too. Such a nice guy, so was his wife (I assume it was it wife).

In the past most guests seem to like talking about family stuff e.g. Shane Rangi, Marina Sirtis, David Prowse. But to be fair to Cyberman, yeah there were a lot of prams this year. It is a family show/event though...

Ron Donachie was cool, and spoke very enthusistically about Game of Thrones. Really nice man.

Ken Colley was a real treat, as not only was he the only SW guest this year, but he was one of the stars that I have always wanted to meet. Admiral Piett! Interesting hearing him talk about the controversy that surrounded Life of Brian.

Only negative was being charged £10 for my 3 year old to get in. Seriously!?

Big thanks to the guy from the stall that gave my boy that free badge after I bought the Batfink toy. That was really nice of him.

Sorry, saying about the pram what I was meaning there were people there who I presume that were not interested in Photoshoots or Signings to me they were only in to see what was going on, I could not believe what you have said about the charge for your wee girl being charged £10.00 it should have been £3.00 I would have brought that up at the organisers booth just as you were into the areana on the right hand side.