photo ops at this years EMS show and beyond :-)

showmasters

Having seen the thread about dark photos at Glasgow, and knowing about the lighting problems this venue had during LFCC, are you able to talk about what you're doing to counter those problems so they don't pop up during EMS? :)

Jason,

Can you please consider providing a facility so that customers can pay extra to be provided with digital copies of the photos?

I would prefer a digital copy of the photo and a system could certainly be implemented to do this.

It even puts me off getting a photo with someone as I know I will just get the printed photo and have no digital copy. With people travelling long distances to get to the show it is easy for the printed photo to get damaged in transit and in any case I, like I'm sure a lot of other people (but admittedly not everybody), would prefer to display my photos in my digital photo frame.

Scanning the printed copy is not really an option as it just looks a bit rubbish really. I'm sure a lot of people would really welcome a digital copy and if you are at present looking at this aspect of your business and seeing how and where you can improve the service I really think this is one place where you should focus your attention.

• Like 1

Having seen the thread about dark photos at Glasgow, and knowing about the lighting problems this venue had during LFCC, are you able to talk about what you're doing to counter those problems so they don't pop up during EMS? :)

This issue was fixed during the shoot and no further repititions occurred

Michelle

Having been at Bitten this system was fantastic, yes there were teething issues but they were sorted out very quickly and professionally and it didn't really impact on the overall success of this system.

It was so nice to get the pics straight away and to be able to jump back in the queue if there were any issues at all, credit must go to the photographers as well who took some great shots that weekend, it was also a much more relaxed photo studio with the music playing and being allowed to chit chat to others in the queue etc.

Hope it works well at the bigger events for you :D

• Showmasters Admin

the few the dark images that came out at Glasgow was down to a lens , once this was noticed and rectified this issue went away , there was only about 20 images that this affected and once noticed they ware retook and everyone got good images , it was just a little mistake not something that is going to happen again.

as to Jpegs we have this in the works and plan to also provide a back catalog going back to the very start when we first took photo ops , but we are busy with other events for now so i do not see this happing for the next few months, but they will be available soon .

hope that helps

jason

• Like 1

as to Jpegs we have this in the works and plan to also provide a back catalog going back to the very start when we first took photo ops , but we are busy with other events for now so i do not see this happing for the next few months, but they will be available soon .

hope that helps

jason

Great news in regards to the jpegs Jason, thank you! :D

• Like 1

Would these be password protected/people having to ask you for copies? As I (and I'm sure quite a lot of people) don't really want the photos to be free for everyone to view?

Best news this year! Thanks SM!

Best news this year! Thanks SM!

This is my view entirely! Amazed that you are looking at this retrospectively...I can only imagine how big a task that will be!

I just got back from a Convention in Canada where they had the same process, I thought it was cool to pick up the photos ops straight away 'cause less stress, gain of time, possibility to get the photo signed etc BUT the quality of the photos aren't great as they are printer copies + the photographer obviously doesn't try to adjust the photos where they are done, so I had to work on mine with my computer with the color & light when I got back. :thumbdown: