photo ops at this years EMS show and beyond :-)

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

after a great weekend at our Bitten con last weekend we have some great news for you all :dance:

last weekend saw our on site photo processor lab take on all the on site photos for the con

i can say that everyone in attendance was 100% happy with the new system and the quality of the images and the photos them self

we worked out a way to produce the photos as a speed that as you leave the photo session you can pick up your photo as you pick up your bags.

we worked on getting the bugs out of the system and then on the Saturday we rolled out what we thought we are going to use at our big events and it works 100% with no loss of quality on any level and it was fast , intact the photographs could not catch up to the photo processor so this will make this services so much better and faster for everyone .

no one will have to what around for hours for your images now you will leave the shoot with your image now.

we have been working on this way of producing the images this way for over a year now to try to find a system that could keep up with the 1000s of images that need to be produce at some of our bigger events, we have invested well over £40,000 for these set up and we hope to start to recoup this over the next 3 years ,as we do not intend to increase the costs to you the fans , we know that the photo shoots have needed to be looked at to move then forward and make them work now they are so popular, and now we have it worked out .

you will all get to see this new system at Glasgow this coming weekend and at all our shows from now on , these means you should never have to wait for long to get your photos and also it should also stop anyone having to have a photo sent out to them after the show is over so we have listened to you and what you want and we have invested and worked out a system that works well to make photo ops much more easy and fun

we look forward to you enjoying this at the next few shows

jason

Edited by Rhianydd
  • Like 7

Sounds great....so i presume that if you notice that you or the actors eyes are shut (missed by photographer) because the photo pick up is as quick as picking up your bags, you can speak to the crew and go straight back and join the line for a free reshoot??

• Showmasters Admin

Sounds great....so i presume that if you notice that you or the actors eyes are shut (missed by photographer) because the photo pick up is as quick as picking up your bags, you can speak to the crew and go straight back and join the line for a free reshoot??

That's pretty much the plan yes.

If you have an issue with one of your photos you can talk to the Pit Boss there and then, and we'll do our best to get it sorted, which if that means you going through again it does.

If you have an issue with one of your photos you can talk to the Pit Boss there and then, and we'll do our best to get it sorted, which if that means you going through again it does.

The general problems with mine is that i'm in them. :whistling:

Jason,

That sounds great. Are you any further along in organizing something for sending digital copies of the photo’s out after the show if people want these. As you know I have been chasing you for a particular one from LFCC12.

Rob

While this does sound like a good idea, and I like the idea of getting my photos back fast, I am concerned.

I assume for them to be printed so fast, they must be transmitted wirelessly? I assume there are backups in place in case of problems with connectivity, general technical faults, printers ceasing to work..? Things like this do happen - I have to assume this was why there were problems on Saturday at LFCC. I'm just wary that delays to solve problems like that could actually cause more problems if people are having to wait around before they can move on elsewhere.

I assume this means photo areas will now take up more space, to allow for photo collection?

Particularly for very popular guests where people's photos are taken very, very fast, it seems like all those people will have to... well, go somewhere. There's going to be a buildup, surely? Especially if people do need to speak with pitbosses to arrange things in case of problems.

I'm also concerned about whether this will cause further problems with photoshoot clashes. There are numerous occasions where we've had to dash to other photoshoots or risk missing them, so I dread the idea that the extra wait could cause me to miss other photoshoots.

Will there be an option to "come back later" and collect things if a buildup does occur and you won't have time to wait?

I know photoshoots are literally over in a flash, if the printing goes to plan it will be quick enough to be ready as soon as people have collected their bags. I guess it would be down to con goers to help make it work and not just stand in line for 10 minutes 'admiring' their photo. It shouldn't take more than a glance to recognise if the pic is good or not.

• Showmasters Admin

point 1

I assume for them to be printed so fast, they must be transmitted wirelessly? I assume there are backups in place in case of problems with connectivity, general technical faults, printers ceasing to work..? Things like this do happen - I have to assume this was why there were problems on Saturday at LFCC. I'm just wary that delays to solve problems like that could actually cause more problems if people are having to wait around before they can move on elsewhere.

point 2

I assume this means photo areas will now take up more space, to allow for photo collection?

Particularly for very popular guests where people's photos are taken very, very fast, it seems like all those people will have to... well, go somewhere. There's going to be a buildup, surely? Especially if people do need to speak with pitbosses to arrange things in case of problems.

point 3

I'm also concerned about whether this will cause further problems with photoshoot clashes. There are numerous occasions where we've had to dash to other photoshoots or risk missing them, so I dread the idea that the extra wait could cause me to miss other photoshoots.

Will there be an option to "come back later" and collect things if a buildup does occur and you won't have time to wait?

response to point 1

no they are not transmitted wirelessly , and there are back ups , also if anything fails we will go back to picking them up in a hour at a pick up point , but its unlikely that all 6 printers fail but we have back ups and plans for this thats what last weekend was about .

response to point 2

we have new lay outs for the photo shoots.

response to [point 3

it wall be as fast as picking up your bag on the way out , but if someone leaves a photo then there will be a help desk to go to for anything you have an issue with , and as all photos are backed up you should be fine .

its something we have been working on for over a year now and not something we have just put out and have hoped it will work

you will see it all working this weekend at Glasgow

jason

Cool - gone are the days of worrying that you blinked or moved at the last minute to end up being blurry.