Thoughts on Photosessions

SciFiRob

Having just attended Bitten and seen the photosessions in action - with 'instant printing' - I would like to say it worked very well (apart from one instance where technical issues caused a problem).

I have mentioned before that I thought the prints from these machines at previous shows like CM/LFCC didn't look as good as they could (the colour gamut and print quality weren't quite up to the quality I'd have thought these £1000 printers might produce ;) ) - but it seems the quality was better and is closer to lab quality - such that most folk won't really be able to tell difference...and the photographer Giles seemed to be getting them all sharp!

I hope that this instant printing system can somehow be implemented at bigger shows, maybe not immediately in a very busy photosession A, but what about trying it in less busy photoareas like B or C - like many, I've done tons of these events over the years and there is nothing comparable to having your photo taken and within a minute getting the print in your hands (and it also being of good quality)...it's a punter pleasing step forward in the right direction and away from the sometimes nerve jangling carnage that is the photo collection areas :)

Investing money in more printers, time and effort into training crew on their efficient operation and this instant printing system will pay off if you can implement on a larger scale at bigger events!

• Like 1