Sign in to follow this  
Howie

New guests

There could be many reasons - including the simple possibility he's just busy on the dates of DSTL and wasn't yet busy on EMS weekend.

Ethan Phillips is coming to EMS2012, why not DSTL? Also a Showmasters event. :/

And now Frakes as well at EMS2012... :/

Every day I check for more guests and leave feeling a bit disappointed..with TNG 25 years old this year and all or most of them appearing at events across the world I am disappointed we only have Patrick! :grump:

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is saying trek guests shouldn't attend other events, but it is frustrating when a dstl headline guest is booked by the company organising this event for another of their shows instead. Also Echo the comments that only having the captain (as great a guest as he is) when its an anniversary it this stage seems strange.

• Like 3

i have my opinions on STL both good and bad but even now although ive met all but 1 of the guests myself ive gotta say its a bloody good line up for a UK trek con, and they are (if im not mistaken) all there for the entire show?

if you think this is bad you obviously were not around for the warp 10 cons that never were lol. that was pretty bad,

• Like 1

Why not give the negative comments a rest and wait till everything is finalised before complaining? It's a bit like moaning a guy hasn't won gold at the Olympics before he's even done his event.

Why not give the negative comments a rest and wait till everything is finalised before complaining? It's a bit like moaning a guy hasn't won gold at the Olympics before he's even done his event.

Unless you are up against Usain Bolt :D

I know Ethan Phillips has done plenty of other jobs too, and so has Mr Frakes too. But at least Mr Frakes is most famous as Riker in TNG, which celebrates 25 this year and is a major character in the show. I agree with dizcostu007 ... of course they can attend other events..that is not the issue, but more of a surprise that it wasnt DSTL, especially when both comes under Showmasters. It is prefectly normal to react and wonder. Time can be an issue as the guest can have other things to do that certain date but not the other. Budget?..not really as us, the ones attending, would throw in abit of cash by coming and I would be surprised if fans spent less because Riker would come. :D I have talked with one of the crew who organize major events in north america and she said it is 99% time issue that stops a guest from coming, especially popular genre guests, such as Star Trek and Star Wars. If that is the case with Mr Frakes and also Mr Phillips I dont know. But not impossible.

Time will tell as there is a few weeks to go before DSTL will take place, otherwise for you lucky ones who can, you can always attend EMS 2012. :D

It could simply be he had family or work commitments for the dates for DSTL but wanted to do some kind of UK appearance this year.

A few people seem to think this is a TNG 25 con from posts here and elsewhere - DSTL is (and I quote from the first line of the website) "A three day official event celebrating the Star Trek universe", and has always been sold as the only time you'll see all 5 captains on stage. The TNG anniversary is incidental.

"A three day event celebrating the Star Trek Universe" Since 1966 to the 2009 movie. Well, there will be plenty for all and events are not only guests. But I have to say it has been awfully quiet about Star Trek 2009.

As they are making a new movie I dont expect guests so I bet that movie will be represented in the exhibitions and such.

We all want our special treat. And we will get it, but not everything. Such thing is impossible. Then the event would have to go on for a month. :D

Edited by Chris B.

Every day I check for more guests and leave feeling a bit disappointed..with TNG 25 years old this year and all or most of them appearing at events across the world I am disappointed we only have Patrick! :grump:

me too :-( I have bought tickets but may not use them if no more are announced

To have Whoopi Goldberg as guest would be fan-tas-tic !!!! :clap::thumbup:

You know Whoopi doesn't fly at all I take it?

She does. She doesn't like it though. I've seen an interview with her discussing it when she flew to London a few times with regards to the Sister Act Musical tour.

So, here is hoping :thumbup:

Last thing I saw was The Captains Summit, hosted by her, with Shatner, Nimoy, Stewart & Frakes chatting about cons etc. and her words were "I don't fly"....I know the Sister Act thing was a big thing for her but then she had a lot invested in it (my mum was a big Whoopi fan before she died) that's why I'm not gonna get my hopes up as it would be a near miracle! Lol
There are other ways to cross the Atlantic apart from flying. There's a 7 day cruise from New York to Southampton on the Queen Mary 2 in early October... :smile: Edited by TommyT

I am not taking anything for granted until Showmasters says who is and who isnt coming. If Mr Spiner says he will be here then it should not be long before it is presented here, Facebook, Twitter and of course on the official website.

I just looked at Brent's tweets nothing on there about coming to DSTL!

Howie, It was definitely there but he seems to have removed it!

The plot sickens John but I hope he comes you can't get enough of the Spiner!His Patrick impersonations are worth the admission price alone!!

This post leaves me speechless....

Howie, It was definitely there but he seems to have removed it!

maybe he is afraid SM might ban him from their cons like LV for keeping his fans informed lol ;-)

Keeping fans informed or not, it is unprofessional to make announcements before you've actually been confirmed by the organisers.

This post leaves me speechless....

Agreed, weirdest post I've seen on these forums.....

Keeping fans informed or not, it is unprofessional to make announcements before you've actually been confirmed by the organisers.

confirmed or announced, lol, none of us know the procedures in place between orgs and guests/agents. but i stand by my post/partial joke ;-)

Edited by timelord81r