Bitten 4

bezzo

Jason and Mark,

I know a Bitten 4 is highly unlikely but what if you did make Bitten 4 the last one? That could be how you market it in your pitch to potential guests. You could also ask past guests to return to give it the send off it deserves. I know this is a long shot but if we all got behind it and really spread the word anywhere we could, we'd really be able to go out with a bang.

I know it's not very likely to happen but I hope you do consider my suggestion.

Helen :)

• Like 4

Get's my vote too, but to be honest I think the issue is with getting people to book and to me it seems that there aren't enough people prepared to buy a ticket to make it worth Showmasters' time to run the event. Not quite sure why as all three events have had main cast booked to appear. If the prospect of Nelsan and Denis (who's cancellation was fairly recent in the grand scheme of guests being announced and tickets going on sale) this year and Joe last year can not shift tickets then maybe there is an underlying issue with the events? i.e. That most people who watch True Blood aren't interested in a convention? Or have unrealistic expecations about who they want/expect to appear at one!

However, should there be a Bitten 4 I will be there again with my gold ticket purchased!

Edited by jcAngel
  • Like 1

I was at Bitten 1 and had an awesome time. I really wanted to go last year and I wanted to go this year, but it being in the middle of August, I was/will be away. Those of us with kids have no choice but to take our holidays during August unfortunately and 2 weeks in the Med wins over a weekend convention I'm afraid. If the convention took place at another time of year I'd be there for sure. I can only think that the dates are the reason for the smaller turnout. I was gutted to miss out on Joe and Grant last year and that I'll be missing out on Nelsan this year.

Unless it's brought forward to July or moved back to September maybe? It all depends on when True Blood filming wraps up. I'm pretty sure it normally finishes around June? Does anyone know?

Edited by bezzo

Hmmm not sure how I feel about a Bitten 4, 50% of me says yes yes yes but the practical other 50% is screaming no, simply after this years scramble to get guests at the last minute it would seem that it's going the way of the Twilight cons with smaller and smaller guests appearing each year until they have no other option but to stop them entirely.

That said if there was a Bitten 4 I would be very hesitant to buy tickets but if I did I would certainly wait for more guest announcements first rather than jumping straight in and getting gold which sadly I am regretting this year, and therein lies the problem that old vicious circle of people not buying tickets until there are guests but not being able to get guests because of low ticket sales!

And we could contact like pages on facebook as well, get them to advertise the event as well, was going to do it this year but not sure if I would be allowed etc.. We could get so many more people I think with getting the event on facebook more, I have tons of liek pages to do with true blodo that I think would reach out to a lot of trubies.

• Like 1

Nooooooooooooooooooo Bitten can't end. These are the best cons ever and bitten 2 my fave of all time , the only reason I can't be at b3 is cause I'm in new zealand this sumner and only found comfort in the thought off at least I'll be able to go to b4 so please please don't cancel these conventions. It can't end like this :(