Clarification of 'event access' only ticket?

Hi,

I've tried searching the forum but I'm still confused. Before purchasing four tickets I would like to know what 'event access' actually covers? Is it just going around stools with merchandise for most of the day?

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

'Event access' does exactly what it says on the tin: it lets you into the event.

Once you're in, you can go to any free talks/activities that are being held on that day, browse the stalls etc.

You can also pay for autographs, photoshoots or paid talks/activities that are being held. These are at an additional cost, but cannot be bought without first having a ticket to access the event.

'Event access' does exactly what it says on the tin: it lets you into the event.

Once you're in, you can go to any free talks/activities that are being held on that day, browse the stalls etc.

You can also pay for autographs, photoshoots or paid talks/activities that are being held. These are at an additional cost, but cannot be bought without first having a ticket to access the event.

I see, thanks. You mention 'any free talks/activities happening that day', is there a section on the website yet which has a draft schedule of what might happen on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday? I'm reluctant to buy the tickets without knowing whether there will be any free talks, as just browsing the stalls doesn't seem worth a train journey and entry tickets.

Thanks in advance.

The are no schedules for the free stuf/talks yet. As soon as they are finished, they'll be published here (on the site, on the forum, and on facebook - as I have understood)

And just for wondering (and hope you don't mind me asking it), why you say "...as just browsing the stalls doesn't seem worth a train journey and entry tickets." ? Con's this "close to home" you don't experience much. As soon as I hearded who were the first guest, I have booked a weekend ticket for me and my boyfriend. No photographs were announced by that time, nor paid or free talks. And I am convinced that there will be more then enough thing to see / experience there days.

Edited by Annick

There won't be any sort of schedule up anywhere yet.

There'll be a full schedule posted on here a couple of weeks before the event. That will include details of all talks, photoshoots and so on.

Some of the talks will be free.

I see, thanks for the replies everyone.

The are no schedules for the free stuf/talks yet. As soon as they are finished, they'll be published here (on the site, on the forum, and on facebook - as I have understood)

And just for wondering (and hope you don't mind me asking it), why you say "...as just browsing the stalls doesn't seem worth a train journey and entry tickets." ? Con's this "close to home" you don't experience much. As soon as I hearded who were the first guest, I have booked a weekend ticket for me and my boyfriend. No photographs were announced by that time, nor paid or free talks. And I am convinced that there will be more then enough thing to see / experience there days.

Not at all, it's a fair question. Well, typical shows I've been to such as 'Gadget Show Live' usually have a few halls with loads of stalls showing stuff off or selling stuff, and most of them could've been found on the internet (but I also paid for supertheatre so that made it worth my while :dance:). I was slightly concerned that it may have not been worth the money (train ticket, underground and finally DLR to get to the ExCeL from where I live, plus the entry ticket) if all I was able to do was visit the stalls and not actually see at least one of the actors/actresses that were involved in Star Trek.

Sorry for the long sentence. However, now that I know there's going to be one or more free talks, although unconfirmed as to the schedule at the moment, I will likely buy the four tickets for the Friday :coolthumb:. There's just one thing I'm uncertain about, what did you mean by 'Con's this "close to home" you don't experience much'?

Im so glad you asked this question!! :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm actually amazed that nobody else had asked this question already.

• Like 1

Personally, if I was just going to go for one day, it wouldn't be the Friday! I don't think it's starting until 2pm that day, so there's unlikely to be much in the way of free talks. Sat or sun would be better value!

Question has been asked a few times, and we all give the same response :)

I would say, however, if you're worried about "value for money" for an entry only ticket, Friday might not be the best day - it's only a half day as I understand it (I believe it's been said elsewhere the doors will open at 2pm? And a lot of attention will be given to the official opening ceremony / talk which won't be free. Also, it's not guaranteed yet that all guests will be there for all 3 days (only rumours either way), and if guests ARE restricted I would speculate that priority will most likely be given to the Saturday and Sunday.

Of course, we can all only guess/speculate from the tid-bits of info mentioned elsewhere. No one will know anything for certain until Showmasters officially announce stuff, and we're unlikely to get any kind of schedule until much closer to the time.

There's just one thing I'm uncertain about, what did you mean by 'Con's this "close to home" you don't experience much'?

Most cons I know or heard about are in the States only. Except for FC, which is in Düsseldorf. But FC is - correct me if I'm wrong- not specific Star Trek only. I have never heard of a con 'closer to home' (and for me is -living in the Netherlands- Great Britain quite close to home) so it is a unique oppertunity

Edited by Annick

I see. Thanks for the Sat/Sun tip there, I'll avoid buying for Friday, good thing I haven't done so already. I'll probably look to go on Saturday, as I imagine Sunday will be the busiest day of all. Again, thanks for the replies everyone, it's much appreciated.

I see. Thanks for the Sat/Sun tip there, I'll avoid buying for Friday, good thing I haven't done so already. I'll probably look to go on Saturday, as I imagine Sunday will be the busiest day of all. Again, thanks for the replies everyone, it's much appreciated.

I don't want to add anymore confusion to your decision, but at London Film and Comic Con(very big Showmasters event), Sunday was much much quieter than saturday. It was my first year there, so I don't know if that's always the case or if it was because popular actresses like Gillian Anderson and Jeri Ryan were only there on that day.