The Guest List

peeka85

i hope none of the 'minor' guest as they are being called read this coz im sure it would hurt their feeling, coz as we found out last year that some of the guest do read this. They may not have major roles in the show but i thought that if u go to a convention no matter what one it is that you would wanna see all people that are involved in the show thats why i have gold, coz to me it doesnt matter.and really where else are you gonna be able to mingle with any of the stars of the show how ever big or small they are. and i know the prices went up and something may have gone wrong, alright you might expect at least a few bigger stars. people complained last year about the guest line up and as it turned out it was really good. me for one i dont mind who the guest are i love the show and all the people in it.

but everyone is aloud to have their opion.

just cant wait for for the 17th to get here.

• Like 1

i hope none of the 'minor' guest as they are being called read this coz im sure it would hurt their feeling, coz as we found out last year that some of the guest do read this. They may not have major roles in the show but i thought that if u go to a convention no matter what one it is that you would wanna see all people that are involved in the show thats why i have gold, coz to me it doesnt matter.and really where else are you gonna be able to mingle with any of the stars of the show how ever big or small they are. and i know the prices went up and something may have gone wrong, alright you might expect at least a few bigger stars. people complained last year about the guest line up and as it turned out it was really good. me for one i dont mind who the guest are i love the show and all the people in it.

but everyone is aloud to have their opion.

just cant wait for for the 17th to get here.

Totally agree here! I hope none of the guests read these posts!

In my opinion, if you go to a convention for a show - then you like it enough to meet ANY of the cast minor or not - we already have one guest more than we had last year :thumbup:

• Like 1

• Moderators

What I don't really get is I see people who have been doing cons for years complaining - surely many of you must realise that you're not guaranteed main cast etc?

It's not about Massive Events letting anyone down and not trying hard etc. No convention organiser can FORCE cast members to come along, so how is that their fault? If anything, ME have done fantastically to get these guests if it's that difficult to get TB guests!

If it's a convention I might like, but I'm slightly fussy about who I'd want to meet, then I'll hold back. Yes I know more tickets = more guests etc, but if you're really that bothered about getting main cast guests then you have to think twice before potentially wasting your money.

No one wants anyone to be disappointed. Any con organiser would get main cast IF THEY COULD. It's just common sense. I doubt Alex or Anna offered to come and Jason said "nah dont bother" or anything. It is sad to see such upset, especially towards guests who will be very lovely and give everyone a great time, but I really don't agree with the comments on the organiser not trying. This happens to all organisers, and they all try their best.

• Like 5

• Showmasters Admin

well there are very few true blood events anywhere in the world several started up and now i think there is only us left , at the very first con we put so much time and effort into it and even SFX credited us as having one of the best parties they had ever seen .

the reviews were really great , but the next year numbers of people booking the con when down by 30% and the guests from the show also got more famous and harder and more expensive to book , we came up to the bar and booked them and we hoped that more fans would get behind the con so as we could keep on running them, but it was 30% down on the year before and we lost money running the event , so we thought that the only way to make it work was to work out the numbers and re-work out what it would cost to cover the event and give us all another chance at running this con as we hoped we could get more people in to this event , sadly the numbers are still low, we have still found it very hard to book the guests we and you wanted to get and so numbers are still low ,and we will lose money on this event as well , but we are going to run it and we will still put on a great show and the people that attend will have a great weekend at the show as it will be a lot for fun and the parties will be quite amazing like every bitten event has been.

one thing i think needs to be said here and its a little hard to say but i do think is if our main guest was male there would be far less people complaining here ?, and it seems there are a lot of lades booked to attend this event ? , we have tried to book the guest you wanted to meet and we can only do our best , i know that all the guests that are coming are very much looking forward to attending the event and i also know that these guests may not be over for another event so this may be the only chance to meet these guests and i know they will be great.

one last point i want to make THEY DO READ THE FORUM so please stop being thoughtless and think about who maybe reading these posts if it was you how would you feel about attending an event after reading some of these posts , so i think its time to think .

we run these event to try to put on the best events we can for you the fans we try our best every time and in the end the its down to luck sometimes on who you can get , i think the guests we have will be a lot of fun and make the event and i am looking forward to the event and the guests.

i hope that helps to explain things from our side of things and i would think this will be the last event for true blood so if you like the show and want to attend a true blood event then maybe this will be your last chance to do so , so pop along and maybe if the numbers that need to come come we may look at a Bitten 4 but i think its unlikely so enjoy this one.

we love running these events and we only run them as long as you want us to run them.

back to getting the event ready

jason

Edited by Rhianydd
  • Like 3

I appreciate all the hard work you, Mark and the rest of the crew put into Bitten, it's the highlight of my year! I can't believe the convention isn't more popular than it should be! Totally gutted that there won't be a Bitten 4 now. :crying:

I tell everyone that will listen that Bitten is by far my favourite convention of the year. I always have the best time and the atmosphere is just incredible. I for one am happy with the guests. Fair enough I haven't bought one of the more expensive tickets, but we all know that on buying any ticket there will be the risk of guests pulling out - nothing can be done about that!! So I say enjoy it as much as possible - I hope something happens that a Bitten 4 may be a possibility, but if not lets go out with a BANG!!! :drunk:

• Like 1

I have been to, and thoroughly enjoyed, both Bitten events to date, and will be at Bitten 3 and plan on enjoying it too. It has always surprised me that the events were not better attended, but it seems for what ever reason people don't seem to go to weekend events for the show. Thank you Showmasters for bringing us the guests you have done over the last 3 years, please consider more True Blood guests in the future for signing events if, as it seems, there are no more dedicated events.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Bitten 3 :)

Always appreciate the effort that goes into the SM/ME events. I love the Bitten cons - have booked Gold straight away every time and if by some miracle Bitten 4 does happen, I'll be doing the same again. So disappointing if this is to be the last one, but I'm looking forward to it, whatever happens.

As I said before, it's not meant as disrespect to the guests and I don't think it's fair that you're blaming the attendance. What I was saying is that I regret buying a silver ticket as i think it's too expensive for this con and was wondering if it was possible to get a refund on to a standard ticket. I'm not asking for a full refund. I love Ginger and Holly, they're great characters.

If the attendance was so low last year and you were losing money, why did you go ahead with the convention? Why did you not look at the reasons the attendance was so low?

I also know that you have been working hard and don't doubt that but it seems like you have so many conventions that this one has been sidelined. At the end of the day, you are running a business and there are certain things people expect when they pay out a lot of money. If i had bought a standard ticket then I wouldn't worry at all. I guess it's my own fault for buying so early and hoping that by purchasing a more expensive ticket you would have more money. Silly me. I won't be making that mistake again! I feel even worse for the gold ticket holders.

Anyway, i've said my piece and it's not made a difference so I will go a long & will enjoy myself but I don't think i'll be going to another one.

• Like 2

Peeka85 I agree with everything you've said, yes the guests are good but to be honest I don't think they warrant the price we've paid for Gold tickets to be honest, I so wish I'd waited now and bought a standard ticket and photos separately, as I think that will work out cheaper, I know no one will ever comment on the finances but personally I think that this con has got sidelined and all money that SM/ME get from us is pooled together and paid out on whichever guest that they see fit, which makes me think that a LOT of money has gone towards securing guests like David Tennant, William Shatner, Patrick Stewart etc and we've been left with whatever they can cobble together at the last minute.

I have to say I'm very disappointed in this event but I will make the most of it when I'm there but will seriously think about handing anymore money over to these organisers in the future as I think it's been very very badly dealt with!!!

Please please just get us one more guest to go someway to justifying the ticket prices!!

• Like 1

That is a little unfair to assume funds from this event were put towards others.

This show is in the US and therefore guests require flying over, Jason and Mark have explained in the past how it works, plus two out of the three guests you just listed for the completely different events may not even need expensive flights.

We cannot speculate how funds are allocated/spent. In my business I certainly couldn't use funds from one Brides wedding cake to fund anothers

The True Blood guests we have had in the past have all said how much they love massive events shows and they were amazing weekends. Believe me! If it wasn't for work! I would be there! Devastated that I will miss what is probably the last one. The Bitten cons are unlike any other of the cons.

If they have already said that they know they will lose money with this event, how could they bring another guest in.

I am sorry you are disappointed, but we have four guests which is what Mark said they were aiming for

• Like 2

I'm disappointed simply for the fact that I don't think I'm getting value for money with a gold ticket and the current line up!!!

As I said I will make the most of it when I'm there but I think it'll be the last time my hard earned money goes on an ME weekend con!!!

• Like 1

I love the Bitten events, just as much as I loved the Eclipse events, and they only had 3 too. I've had fun at all the Bitten events so far, and if this to be the last one I'll make sure I have the best time yet.

Just want to show my appreciation of this con. I, as well as other fans, would have met a possible total of 11 cast members from True Blood. That to me is pretty damn impressive, regardless if they are A listers on the show. In my eyes, it's always been the organiser's and the amount of time, hard work, blood and sweat they put into the weekend that make it great. So I would like to say a HUGE thank you to all the crew and SM/ME for putting on great cons.

Whilst I understand people pay alot of money for these con's, you still have fun right? I completely understand what some people are saying about value for money, but if you spend £70 or £500, everyone I think tries to have as much fun as they can.

Thanks again ME, I'm glad to have gone to the Bitten con's. I hope to see a Bitten 4, but if not Bitten 3 will be a blast.

• Like 4

If I had the money I would still have bought gold for this event... but having just found out I'm being made redundant at the end of next month I've had to settle on Standard. I'm gutted! I don't understand why everyone's complaining about the guests either - if an actor/actress has been in TB I want to meet them.

• Like 2

I'm sad to know that this Bitten will be the last one... Even if I was a little bit disappointed, I'm having some money troubles rn and I'm always thinking about what I could buy if I didn't buy this thing (and I'm not only talking about conventions). But now, I can really imagine how the convention will be, and I'm still very glad ot be a part of it since three years. I met some great people there, and this year will be amazing as always. I'm very happy to meet these guests, and I'm sure we'll have the most awesome convention ever !

Until now, I didn't really had another convention like Bitten, and I hope I will find another, because it's one of the best week-end of the year for my friends and I !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I only found out about the bitten convention in July and I was hoping to go but couldn't afford it as I had only just returned from a vampire diaries one a few weeks earlier, I was hoping to go next year but absolutely gutted to discover there won't be another! It's such a shame! I am genuinely baffled why this isn't more popular. True Blood is a great show and has a solid UK following. I would've thought some people would love to meet some of the actors from the show even if they don't have the biggest roles! Such a shame! :(