The Guest List

peeka85

Is there any way we can reduce our silver tickets to a standard? I'm sorry if it sounds like i'm complaining but frankly, if i'd known it was going to be 3 VERY minor guests i wouldn't have paid £145 for it. I'm not asking for a complete refund i just really feel like this whole con is not worth it. If someone can give me details of who to contact i'd appreciate it. In future i won't be booking in advance or possibly, even at all.

• Like 1

Ok I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure that Lindsay will be an amazing guest and she will tell us all about filming with Ryan Kwanten but she's a minor guest and a lot of people from the facebook group (me included) are a little pissed.

Is Lindsay the last guest ?

I hope we'll have another announcement...

Anyway, the week end is gonna be fun (like always) and I'm really excited about it :)

People thought the same thing when Grant Bowler was announced last year and he turned out to be a fantastic and funny guest. Personally, there are quite a few of these "minor" guests that I'd still like to meet.

• Moderators

Is there any way we can reduce our silver tickets to a standard?

In short, no. Tickets are, as stated in the terms and conditions on purchase, non-refundable and non-transferable. This includes changing ticket type.

I'm happy to meet Lindsay, but I'm disappointed too.

Yes, last year Grant was totally awesome and it's not about the quality of the guests, I'm sure they are amazing and we'll have a great week-end.

But the price for gold tickets was increased, and honestly, I would never paid this price for these guests. I'm really wondering where this extra money is gone.

After all the trouble we had, no news since January and three minors guests, I think we can be pissed.

Usually I'm in a "fan" mode, happy to meet every possible actors from a show, but now I'm talking as the consumer I am. I always had faith in ME, even last year with all these cancellations, but this year, I'm very disappointed. I hope there will be another guest, tho.

• Like 2

....Got to say I am not overly excited about this guest or the lady who plays Ginger as people have mentioned they are very minor guests..... Think that more should be done to get another "more recognised" guest .... I appreciate that Alexander, Stephen, Anna & Ryan are unlikely but what about Sam again or Rutina. There are plenty of others..... Another Male would definitely be great though....Please x x

In short, no. Tickets are, as stated in the terms and conditions on purchase, non-refundable and non-transferable. This includes changing ticket type.

If this is true, then I won't be booking again next year. Or any other M.E. event. I understand that there are terms and conditions but at the end of the day, people go to meet the guests. I don't pay £145 to go to a party. I can do that at home for free. I also don't expect to pay that much money for guests that I am not bothered about meeting. No disrespect meant to the actors, and I am SURE they are lovely people. But i don't pay to meet lovely people. I pay to meet the actors of characters I love and would hope that out of 4 guests at least 2 of them are regulars and I'm sorry but Ginger, Holly and Crystal are not regulars. I would expect maybe 2 of these.

M.E. cocked up last year but I didn't mind as Joe Manganiello is a main cast member and we did end up getting extra photos but I didn't want the same thing to happen again this year and we put our faith in M.E. hoping that they could pull it off. In my opinion, they haven't.

Obviously my money has already disappeared though, they've probably spent it on David Tennant or other conventions.

I will go and have a good time with my friend but i will not be going back.

• Like 1

Whoa, what's with all the guest snobbery guys? At least we've got guests attending! Let's not forget that Australian True Blood convention that had to cancel its event due to ALL of their guests pulling out!

Edited by bezzo

I was hoping for Michael McMillan too but I guess its great that SM have managed to get guests at all at such short notice and Im sure they will be good. Grant was my favourite guest last year and entertained thoroughly.

I am slightly disappointed over all though.

It's not guest snobbery. It's fine if you want to pay that much money to meet them but i don't. Maybe you didn't spend £145/£200 on a ticket? If I'd bought a standard ticket I wouldn't have been so annoyed but at the end of the day, if you pay more you expect more. And they've had a year to organise this so all the 'last minute' stuff doesn't wash with me. They only had 2 guests a month before the event.

It's my opinion and i know several other people not on this forum who agree with me. It's fine, I just won't be booking again.

• Like 3

It's not guest snobbery. It's fine if you want to pay that much money to meet them but i don't. Maybe you didn't spend £145/£200 on a ticket? If I'd bought a standard ticket I wouldn't have been so annoyed but at the end of the day, if you pay more you expect more. And they've had a year to organise this so all the 'last minute' stuff doesn't wash with me. They only had 2 guests a month before the event.

It's my opinion and i know several other people not on this forum who agree with me. It's fine, I just won't be booking again.

+1

I Agree !!

• Like 1

If this is true, then I won't be booking again next year. Or any other M.E. event. I understand that there are terms and conditions but at the end of the day, people go to meet the guests. I don't pay £145 to go to a party. I can do that at home for free. I also don't expect to pay that much money for guests that I am not bothered about meeting. No disrespect meant to the actors, and I am SURE they are lovely people. But i don't pay to meet lovely people. I pay to meet the actors of characters I love and would hope that out of 4 guests at least 2 of them are regulars and I'm sorry but Ginger, Holly and Crystal are not regulars. I would expect maybe 2 of these.

M.E. cocked up last year but I didn't mind as Joe Manganiello is a main cast member and we did end up getting extra photos but I didn't want the same thing to happen again this year and we put our faith in M.E. hoping that they could pull it off. In my opinion, they haven't.

Obviously my money has already disappeared though, they've probably spent it on David Tennant or other conventions.

I will go and have a good time with my friend but i will not be going back.

I assume this is your last convention ever then, every convention organiser has the same policy, and while some may allow upgrades, none will ever allow downgrades.

• Like 2

How is it Massive Events' fault though? They can't make actors attend, it's down to the actors themselves to agree to come along. If they get work during the True Blood hiatus then that should become their priority.

I'll be honest i'm disappointed too...this will be mine and my best friends first Bitten and we booked our silver tickets last year on the basis of the guests that have been booked on the 2 previous Bittens.

Now when Nelsan and Denis were announced we were dead chuffed because they are two of our favourite characters then things went downhill when Denis pulled out; and i'm sorry if this gets peoples backs up, but we then get 3 characters that i don't even particularly like in the show and if i'd known from the start that these were the people who were going i most certainly would not have paid £145 for the privilage. It's just felt like this convention has been sidelined and because of that we've not got the calibur of guests we've paid (a lot of money i might add) to see.

• Like 1

My disappointment isnt in the guests as such just in ME/SM letting us down slightly. Theyve had a whole year to get great guests sorted and decent themes and I dont feel its been worked to its full potential (again). However, I shall still enjoy it.

• Like 2

I have purchased a gold ticket and to be honest I am thinking "what a mug" and I should have waited until all guests were announced..(because I most certainly would not have brought a gold one based on the guests we have now) Think this will be my first and last Bitten unless ME pull their finger out....

• Like 1

Quite often guests won't commit to an event until right before it because they don't want to book something up and then have to cancel because other work comes up. There are also a number of people we'd all like to meet that simply don't want to do conventions, no matter how much we may want them to. Just because there haven't been big guest announcements doesn't mean ME haven't been working hard to get the best guests they can. It's incredibly disrespectful to talk about the guests who have been announced like this in a guest announcement topic.

Edited by jael001
  • Like 2

No it won't be my last ever con. I've been going to cons for years and have never complained about the guests because it's never been like this before. I will happily discuss this elsewhere. As I said before I'm not meaning it to be disrespectful and it's not to do with the guests but rather the money. I know the rules about guests changing/working commitments etc. Obviously i'm not going to be winning this argument and it doesn't matter how many times i try to explain it, there will always be people who don't agree. But I'm not wasting money again next year and if i were to book this con again i would wait until the very last minute to book.

• Like 2

I agree with Peeka85 and others, it's not about the guests, it's about the money wasted.

I'm very happy to meet these guests, but if I knew, I would never spend £210 for this. Yes, last year, Grant was there and he was a very minor guest; but Joe and Marshall were there too.

If I knew, I would never booked a gold ticket, but since I'm not from UK, I can't afford to decide one month before the con. I'm not saying this is ME's fault, but last year, they said that gold tickets' price will be increased, the goal was to afford better/more guests, and at this time, I assumed they had already actors more or less okay to come. We spent more money and we had less important guests, I'm sorry but in my customer way, I feel a little bit scammed.

However, I always had an awesome time with everybody, during the parties and so on, so I'm absolutely sure the week-end will be great. But I hope for another guest, or anything from ME, otherwhise this will be my third and last Bitten con.

I'm planning to go to other ME cons and I really hope it will not end like this one.

Edited by Faithankh
  • Like 1