Birmingham metropole hotel...

Hayleyangel

I get nervous every single time I go to these things, so totally worth it though :lol:

Yay can't wait!

There'll be a disco, decorations, party entertainment (there have been bouncy castles, a band, that kind of thing in the past) the drinks are expensive, it's the Hilton so everything is expensive there! The day before the con, me and my friend normally do a shop, we get drink, food like pot noodles, cuppa soups, bits and bobs to nibble on throughout the day, saves money!

• Like 1

yeah me and my friend are going to bring some drink with us as we dont want to be spend loads on the drinks there

Does the convention provide a buffet? I thought i read that somewhere but i could be wrong.

I am nervous as i have never been to any of these kind of things so cant wait to see how it goes. What time will you be arriving on friday?

have you been to all the eternal twilight events. I cant believe i didnt know about this sooner i would of gone to all of them :smile:

• Moderators

Does the convention provide a buffet? I thought i read that somewhere but i could be wrong.

There is sometimes a special 'convention food court' with more affordable food open for lunch/early evening meal, but I don't know if this has been confirmed yet or not for this event. There is no food 'provided' as such.

If you're staying in the Hilton, they have an all you can eat buffet breakfast - a lot of people get through the weekend for less by filling up in the mornings!

yeah me and my friend are going to bring some drink with us as we dont want to be spend loads on the drinks there

I am nervous as i have never been to any of these kind of things so cant wait to see how it goes. What time will you be arriving on friday?

have you been to all the eternal twilight events. I cant believe i didnt know about this sooner i would of gone to all of them :smile:

The previous convention had a place where they served cheaper food opiton for lunch and dinner but this food is sort of so so at times... I would have the buffet breakfast in the morning and go outside the hotel towards the airport (there is a subway there and a weatherspoons there) at the airport there are other food places too..all cheaper than the hotel. So if you are on a budget then those places are a good idea.

Yes I booked mine ages ago even if I hadn't gotten my ticket then....so yep my room is booked

Edited by Marystat

Like the others said, they have provided a discount food court, hot dogs, burgers, chips, things like that, at previous events, they've done it the last couple of years so I should think they will this time round. I'll probably be there at about 1pm ish, depending on traffic. I've been to all of them apart from the last one, ET7, couldn't get the time off work :(

I am booking my room soon im just worried that my mate is not going to be able to come as she has work and dont want to go on my own as i wont know anyone and feel a bit awkward. I will still go as im not going to miss this, but will just end up walking around on my own.

Im sure once i have a few drinks i will just go and chat to people we all love twilight so im sure that i will find someone to chat with :smile:

Hello :)

Im staying Fri-Mon and going Gold.

Its my 3rd Con and Im very excited too!!

I like to fill up on the breakfast then pop up to my room for a pot noodle and carry cerial bar's in my hand bag for the que's and talk's.

And some times go to the Air Port too have proper food lol.

You can add me on FB/Take my no if you want to hang out at the party's and such?

:dance::clap::thumbup::smile::blush:

I am booking my room soon im just worried that my mate is not going to be able to come as she has work and dont want to go on my own as i wont know anyone and feel a bit awkward. I will still go as im not going to miss this, but will just end up walking around on my own.

Im sure once i have a few drinks i will just go and chat to people we all love twilight so im sure that i will find someone to chat with :smile:

Hey me and my daughter havent been to one of these before but talking to all the girls on facebook they all seem really nice and have added them as friends, were all going to meet and greet before (in the hotel) so maybe u can add us all as friends (ET8 and ET8 cosplay in facebook)

Im hoping to get a pic done with Peter but i want a kiss (lol) but may not get one but will settle for a hug. I wud like my daghter to get a kiss of Kiowa (as shes mad for him), but i think she would faint (lol) if she did get one, looking forward to meetin all the peepsxx

I am on facebook and twitter its just wendydicker on facebook and its @Team_Wolves73 add if u want

The latest i could leave really would be about 4.30ish.
Autograph and photo shoot sessions are normally in the morning. You would probably miss one or two talks/stage activities leaving at that time, Including the closing ceremony. Possibly a guest encounter as well.