Hotels...

PrincessDrusilla

Hey,

I usually reserve a room well in advance (I like to plan! ) but every site I've checked today shows the Doubletree as sold out for the Fri-Mon, which I need to allow for travelling. Can anyone recommend other nearby hotels? I haven't been to Collectormania since it moved from the MK centre, and I'm not sure where's best?

There are quite a lot of hotels in the centre of Milton Keynes. I'm sure there'll be someone who can recommend specific ones.

If you'll be driving, there's loads of free parking at the stadium and it's really easy to get to by car. If not, Showmasters will be running a free bus service from the centre of Milton Keynes to the venue. They usually publish details closer to the event.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

on the subject of parking, will the stadium have the parking lot finished? It was a nightmare last year for parking, ended up walking 1/2 mile to stadium

Its a tough one. In theory yes, but as they are building (and close to finishing) a series of shops on the stadium site, one of which being a primark, there will be more competition for the spaces.

Can someone answer this for me please (don't want to make a topic for a small question lol)

Is this like LFCC? I.e. gets just as good guests/bigger event? Same as EMS?

Considering going but want to know what it's been like, any chance someone could rhyme off some cliche 'big' previous guests for me? :)

It's the same type of event. Does it have just as good/bigger guests... that's in the eye of the beholder as always.

They had Elijah Wood, Dominic Monaghan and Sean Astin during the height of the Lord of the Ring craze for example. Most people would say that was pretty big. ;)

The list hasn't been updated in a while, but here's an older list from the website:

http://www.collectormania.com/previousguests/previousguests.html

What exactly do you mean with "bigger"? It obviously goes on longer over the bank holiday weekend and as a lot of guests do one day the guest list often is bigger overall than LFACC or EMS with two days only, yes. Also the entry is free contrary to EMS and LFACC, that attracts a few fans that may not like the fact that the London shows charge for entry.

• 3 weeks later...

There's information about the Residents Pass for the last event here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74204entry1710590.

I had one of these and it was fantastic, it really made life easier because I got to have very low VQ numbers for all the guests I wanted to meet (in many cases #1) and the parties were fun and staying on site meant that when I needed to, I had somewhere nearby to rest. I mainly booked it because I was injured and because I couldnt drive it was too hard for me to stay at the hotel in Central MK that I'd planned to, but as it turned out, staying at the Doubletree and having the pass was excellent and I'd definitely do it again if it's on offer again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've booked the Ramada near the station, for 4 nights, but still hoping the Doubletree suddenly has rooms available :-)

How much is it at the Ramada? I booked the Travelodge near the station on the Friday night for a bargain £15 they had a sale on. Their Saturday rate is £25 so trying to find a cheaper deal.

For people searching for hotel rooms here's a tip subscribe to hotel's e-mails as they usually tell you when there is a sale on or offer discounts.