Update?

Avengers7

I don't want to sound rude but you know by now they'd give updates if they had anything, sorry.

It didn't sound rude David. I know that but having seen updates for an event thta will be held in October it is getting a little worrying.

Yeah...I think I am done stalking this forum for awhile. Every time I get on here I just get more disappointed and discouraged. I know things CANNOT be announced unless they are official and I am not putting down the people in charge of this convention, but I can't handle this forum silence everyday. I will check back in a week!

I'm quite surprised there hasn't been any other announcements too but I still have faith that Massive Events will pull it off in the end. I'm sure they'll have asked some other guests to come by now and I'm hoping the reason we haven't heard anything is because they're really hoping and trying to get certain guests who maybe haven't replied or finalised their contracts yet.

Having said that, it has been quite quiet on here and a lot of questions have still gone unanswered. A lot of people were wondering whether this would just be a new series convention or a mixture of both old and new but we still don't know any more than we did at the beginning of the month despite people asking more than once. This doesn't look good as it makes people wonder whether it has even been decided by the organisers yet. I know a lot of people are waiting to hear more information about the convention or more guest names before booking but it's now running quite last minute for them to book things.

I've already booked my silver ticket and hotel and am looking forward to it but at the moment, I'm just hoping it does actually go ahead and doesn't get cancelled. This is the first time I've had tickets for a convention that has only had one guest announced with only 40 days to go, but I've got to say, it is an amazing guest at that. Here's hoping we'll hear some news soon.

Edited by Doctor Who

• Showmasters Admin

i am sorry but i think everyone needs to chill out a little here REALLY

David only told us last month that he could do this date and we booked the hotel and started to promote the event , we have just had a very big event to put to bed and then get on with all the events we are running this year .

nothing it wrong with this event we are going in to is with a little less run in time due to David agreeing to is only a little wile ago but we have a big list go great guests that we are in talks with , but it takes time to get contracts signed and agreed , its all in the works and its all going to right way .

i want to say this now , this event is going ahead , what ever people may be saying on other forums we have sold a lot of tickets for this event and its going to cover its self and we have a nice budget to go after the guests we want to , so if you want to book hotels or travel you can knowing that this con is defiantly going ahead and will be a great event .

we have been busy and with LFCC becoming the latest event in the UK we have had a lot to catch up on but we are through it now and are getting on with the next lot of events.

we do get a lot of emails sometimes up to 800 a day so if you do not here from us with in a few days do re email us as we are here to help you , so please do email us if you have any issues .

i hope that helps and clears some of this up and we can all chill a little and look forward to the next lot of guests that are to come .

and yes its for classic and new who and some first timers so its going to be a full on event that we think you are going to love

see you there

jason