Saturday Morning

wheel29

Ticket booked!

alas the transport -whether to come down friday afternoon from up north (3hrs 30 min minimum)

I went Silver so my gut and budget sort of Say saturday morning in which case train gets into BI at 9:55am

by the time I got to hotel/registered etc etc -would I have terrible missed an awful lot (photo shoots etc?)

just before I book train plans (before they go up any more)

• Moderators

Autograph and photo sessions usually begin at 9am Saturday morning, finishing around lunchtime.

Most guests who are there the full weekend are likely to have another photoshoot session on the Sunday morning, so if you missed them on Saturday you could get them on the Sunday. Any guests for whom your group has been called for autographs by the time you arrive you would be able to get them once you were there. (You can go any time after your group is called.)

The only thing you might miss which you would not be able to 'fix' is if there are any Saturday only guests whose photoshoots are early on Saturday. (Events with mostly UK-based guests often have one-day guests.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wheel29, When I go to a convention I like to make the most of it, so I always arrive on the Friday and come home on the Monday - that way you don't miss anything. It can be expensive if you are on a budget though! My total journey time for this will be much the same as yours though I'm coming up from the other side of London rather than down,and my sister and I managed to book cheaper train tickets by travelling on the Friday at a specific time which will get us into Birmingham for lunch time. We may have to kick around in town for an hour or two if the hotel doesn't allow check in until later (as some do) so there is that to consider too...might be worth you checking with the hotel on that score, as you don't want to be lugging your case around with you - though I think they'll have a left luggage area if that is the case. But I can't imagine that anyone will come for Friday night only and then check out Saturday morning, so they shouldn't have to clean your room...?!?! Just a thought....

Hi ElaineJ,

I'm coming down friday afternoon so should be at hotel by 4:30pm -

Figured Saturday morning 6am ish travel wasn't me - otherwise I won't have had pre con good nights sleep and likely miss stuff

Staying until early Sunday evening too. :smile: