The silence from ME is deafening - any news ?

tazmac25

Don't hold your breath we've been asking for an update on here for months and still got nothing, yet all the other events after Bitten are getting guests, makes me wonder if our money is being spent elsewhere and not on this particular con!?!

• Like 1

Funny how people are complaining and yet, still nothing. I know one thing for sure, I'm not going to be booking any more cons with Massive Events. Even if it does go ahead, the lack of information/updates and ignoring of weeks worth of people asking for some kind of heads up about guests/the event/ANYTHING is enough to put me off for a life time. I really regret booking tickets for this event. I would rather meet the guests somewhere else or not at all to be honest.

You are all of course aware that ME is part of the Showmasters family and therefore majority of time the past few weeks (Marks as well as Jasons)has been taken up with CM:MK and LFCC. Ranting, raving and pig headed threats or accusations will not make any news or announcements appear any quicker. If there is news to share, it WILL be done as and when which has ALWAYS been the case.

• Like 2

As you will see from my other post that they have not been too busy to answer any questions or queries or announce guets in other event forums so that is no longer a valid excuse now is it!!!!

I would like to know where the large amounts of ticket money have gone for this event have they gone towards securing bigger guests for other events or are they actually being used to sort some out for Bitten as it is really not looking tht way!!!

Are you coming to Bitten 3 Disneydude78????????

• Like 2

I agree that Showmasters have been busy, LFCC was a massive event (pun intentional!) and I think that we Bitten ticket holders were aware of that and have been patient this far. As LFCC has now happened, and baring in mind that we have legitimate concerns about the availability of one fo the 2 guests announced, it would be nice to have some sort of official response from Massive Events, even if that response was along the lines of 'we are waiting to hear back from Denis's Management.' At least then we would know we've not been forgotten about!

• Like 3

I agree and I said last year it was my last ME/SM event due to poor handling etc but as they had 2 excellent guests this year, me and my partner

and my friend have booked again. I shall definitely NOT be booking anymore events after this one. They have let us down thus far with no up to date announcements, no ideas on any further guests, no news on Denis and to be fair they didnt exactly thrill with the party themes. They have been around and commented on other forums and Im sure they can spare 10 minutes of their busy schedules to update us all and reassure us. Were all paying customers and its not cheap and this event is literally a few weeks away now and things arent looking good. Just a quick clue as to whats going on would be nice. I hate complaining but Im very ticked off at the moment. :(

• Like 2

I'm sorry, 'pig headed threats'?! When did anyone threaten anyone? If you had paid out £260 you would like to know what's going on as well. I think everyone has been incredibly patient. The last couple of days has been the first time i've posted and said anything asking about ANYTHING. I've not once badgered the organisers even though, at the end of the day they are providing us with a service. They're not doing us a favour! It's not like we're going round to their house and having a big party (by the way, i'm not going for the party like some people say to do. I want to meet the guests.) We are paying customers and as such deserve a little respect. I don't know if you're associated with sm/me in any way but i don't appreciate being spoken to in such a manner that makes it look like I'm an impatient child. As someone who runs a business I know that things get busy but rule number 1 is don't neglect your customers. If they ask for some information, give them something, anything.

As ericsdonor said there have been updates about other cons, ones that are further in advance and yet there's been no mention from anyone official on this page for weeks/months even. So i don't think it's unreasonable to be getting a little annoyed. Maybe some people are ok with having 1 guest or waiting around but i could easily have booked a holiday for that week instead if i knew what was going on.

The lfcc excuse is getting old now.

• Like 1

• Moderators

All contact details are on the relevant websites - however I'd be very surprised if they would give information over the phone to one person, rather than putting it on here. If they have any updates, they'll be posted on here if/when it's possible.

Yes I sound like a broken record but hey.

I know ive been very quiet on this subject but i took it upon my self to ring them 5 mins ago to ask them and let them know about the forum going mental and he said we are finalising the contracts on 2 other guests and there should be an announcement in the next week apparently...

• Like 3