Wrestlers

nollins

What the chances are of there be any wrestling stars past or present, at EMS?

Just wondering as my boy is a huge fan, and the wrestling guys at LFCC, seemed

to go down really well. He loved meeting Mickie James, Magnus and Virgil.

completely agree - the queues for the 3 at LFCC were big all day, and it has been said before that if wrestling guests are booked, and are popular, then more will be booked in the future - just hoping this is kept to!

The same has been said about horror guests, and Danielle Harris seemed quite popular too

• Like 1

I have been asking for yearsssssssssss for them to get Hulk Hogan - Terry Bollea.

Can you imagine? I would pay 100 to meet that dude.

I asked Virgil but he said he wont come for at least 70 grand. crazy.

Maybe in the old days it was 70k, his current asking price on the US Scene is around $25k as confirmed by a recent quote a promoter got.

Anyone WWE based would be awesome, can you imagine how many kids, and adults alike would flock to see a current star...

it would be mayhem.

Would agree with that! My husband was so happy with his Mickie James Autograph. I think he would some of the wrestlers from the late 80's, early 90's though!

My post on this subject disappeared :no:

Anyhoo I think it should be a regular thing with the wrestlers. Theres a lot of old school WWF/WWE guys and gals that are on the indys and take bookings and are often in the UK like Tatanka, Gangrel, Carlito, Kevin Nash, Chris Masters etc.

We get a lot of 'out of contract' wrestlers down here in Portsmouth with our local wrestling company VPW, (its where shamus, drew macintyre, and wade barrett were signed from)

we have had Billy Gun, Road Dogg, Magnus, Hardcore Holly, The Hurricane, Devali and recently Finlay.

So i think its definitely do-able.

Bring on: Rowdy Piper, Edge, Mick Foley, Michaels Hart, etc.....

John Morrison is back over here too later this yearm and a lot of these guys appear for promotions like you saynin Portsmouth and also 1PW, Preston City Wrestling, Superslam wrestling etc etc. Foley may be possible if any show dates coincide with his UK comedy tours but I think anyone like Michaels, Hart, even Piper who are on forms of WWE legends contractsmay be unlikley or difficult to get but future collaborations with TNA for their current talent would be welcome and Im sure TNA are always happy for publicity especially in the UK.

Edited by jonathan

Just to give a few thoughts out on some names suggested and potential guests:

Edge - No longer under WWE contract so could be booked. Edge is fresh from a convention point of view and is still relevant with fan young and old.

John Morrison - Again a recently released name that is still in the minds of fans. Could draw Mickie James/Magnus level crowds.

Bret Hart - Has come over the the U.K countless time already HOWEVER always draws a big crowd and is reliable for these type of events. Have met Bret 3 times already but still have things he could sign.

Mick Foley - Falls under the same group as Bret in terms of U.K appearances but also falls under being able to draw a crowd.

Shawn Michaels - Shawn was booked to come over to the U.K about 2 years ago and there was a HUGE demand for him. Certainly he'd be worth the money to book him and to pay for his autograph.

Hulk Hogan - Ah the big one. IF (and that's a big if) Showmasters could come to an agreement with The Hulkster he could actually be one of the headline guests. That may sound mad but Hulk has been involved in wrestling for more than 35 years. Hogan is a name that comes to the lips when you ask joe on the street "name a wrestler".

Stone Cold Steve Austin - Star of the low budget action films and the biggest name in the 90's/00's. Austin has done the odd store signing but no conventions over in the U.K. and would be a draw of Shawn Michaels proportions. I can speak from personal experience when I say Austin is VERY fan friendly and will make any experience a personal one.

Diamond Dallas Page - Former WCW headliner and WWE wrestler. Made a one off appearance on RAW recently and so will be fresh in fans mind. Would be an affordable draw and again very fan friendly. Dallas is good friends with Austin so having the pair of them over would be great.

Bill Goldberg - Former WCW & WWE Headliner. Again super fan friendly and has never done any events of any kind as far as I know in the U.K. He could be a dark horse draw.

Kevin Nash - Kevin was due to appear at a U.K show a few months back and for various reasons that all fell through. There is a big demand for Nash and he's been around for many many years. As best friends with Shawn Michaels the pair of them together would draw a large amount of fans.

Jesse "The Body" Ventura - Former WWE mainstay and former U.S Politician. Jesse also has mainstream crossover appeal starring in Predator and The Running Man. Long time fans like myself would be prepared to pay BIG money for him.

I hope I haven't waffled on too much with my post but I just wanted to voice an opinion on who I thought would be a good draw. It maybe a pipe dream as the majority of the names on the list are former headline acts and would therefore demand a high fee for coming over. That said there IS a market for wrestlers and there are a number of fans out there like myself that are willing to pay "Gillian Anderson prices" for these names.

• Like 1

Very interesting stuff - given that we had some Wrestlers this year and they proved popular may help in the future. Given that Hulk Hogan's fee works out at 16 grand ( in pounds) is a lot but can you imagine how popular he would be? him and Ralph Macchio and Mr T have always been my most asked for guests. Who knows? could happen.

Very interesting stuff - given that we had some Wrestlers this year and they proved popular may help in the future. Given that Hulk Hogan's fee works out at 16 grand ( in pounds) is a lot but can you imagine how popular he would be? him and Ralph Macchio and Mr T have always been my most asked for guests. Who knows? could happen.

Oh my god, yes, any of the remaining A-team cast would be amazing

How about the wrestler Taeler Hendrix?? That would be awesome

Heard shes FCW champ now after TNA passed on her. give it three months of intensive clothesline training and she'll be Diva's champ on RAW. get her here quick before the price goes up and I'll put my money down.

As always I will express my gratitutde for the wrestlers at LFCC, and say 'please sir, can i have some more'....

In a recent interview with a UK based online wrestling show, The Nasty Boys said they would love to come to the UK. They are slowly making conatcts over here and are hoping to come over to do a few wrestling shows and signing sessions really soon. I think they would be really interested in coming over for one of these events.

I think these people could prove very popular too.

Lita

Maria Kanellis

Chyna (I'm saying no more on the grounds of censorhip ha ha)

The Honky Tonk Man

Lex Luger

The Ultimate Warrior (He's king nut in Nuttsville! :whistling: )

Goldust

Animal from the LOD

Ric Flair (he sooooooo needs the money!)

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan (If he is well enough to do the trip, his queue could rival Flair's)

Jimmy "Mouth of the South" Hart