Your craziest moment at LFCC

I would like to share with you my craziest (and just a tiny bit embarassing) moment at LFCC in hope that you have funny stories to tell, too!

My friend and I went for the Karl Urban photo shoot on saturday. Everyone who was in that queue heard the photographer from inside bellowing commands: ('Come closer, 1,2, smile, thank you, next ...') which made clear that the whole photo shooting would only take three seconds and that wold be it. I felt a slight disappointment when I figured this out. Earlier this day I had a nice snuggle with Ben Browder and I REALLY enjoyed that (it helped that the photographer there took three pictures instead of one, it was awesome) - and I was of course kinda hoping for something like this to happen again. But the commanding officer/photographer inside didn't seem to take much time at all. My friend and I quickly decided on poses - we wanted to take pictures together with karl, him in the centre and somehow draped around. As soon as it was our turn, we both swarmed Karl, took our places on each side. One second later the shutter went of and we assumed the second position, which was supposed to be with our hands on his shoulders. Uumh. Small problem, shoulder was way too high for me, it would have looked as if I tried to climb up on him. So I decided for a different pose and ended up next to him kind of snuggling closer - which I never even intended, he was just way to tall for any other pose ... ;)

As soon as this picture was taken, my friend and I moved away from him, and for the first time we both looked up at his face, getting the most ridiculous faces. That was the moment where the photographer said: "Okay, girls, same position again, but now you stick out your butts" - seriously? We really had to comply, right? So we moved back into our postitions and, well we tried. We THOUGHT we did a good job, but it was simply hilarious! My friend still bit on her lower lip while sticking everything out as much as she could, and me ... oh well, come on, I had a great time standing where I was, it just was not the perfect position to stick out my butt. So in the end I very much looked like I really needed a toilet, with a quizzical-eyes-wide-open expression on my face...!

In the end the photographer had a wicked sense of humour ... instead of the first and second picture he gave us the last two, with a very good looking Karl in the middle - with two completely zoned out fans in his arms...

post your story if you like to share :smile:

• Like 1

Nice picture, girls..Karl looks like he's enjoying that, hehe! Can't blame him...i would!

Btw, it was a pleasure to meet you both, hope you got home safe and sound.

Still think i should've made you change clothes right there on the curb...

We'll meet again though, cause like you said, you always meet twice!

and here's the picture!

http://i1078.photobu...ior/LFCC002.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA, thats awesome!

Did you not even speak to him?

Hiya,

talking to him ... not at the photoshoot, although orange_warrior and I are of the opinion that he said something along the lines of" that is awesome!" I thought it was after the shoot, orange_warrior thinks it was when we came ushering in... but he definitely liked the general idea :coolthumb: he was definitely fun - we pulled the same stunt with Adam Baldwin, who was a bit ... dunno, unhappy ... overwhelmed ... flustered ... not the same, simply not the same ...

Nice picture, girls..Karl looks like he's enjoying that, hehe! Can't blame him...i would!

Btw, it was a pleasure to meet you both, hope you got home safe and sound.

Still think i should've made you change clothes right there on the curb...

We'll meet again though, cause like you said, you always meet twice!

Hey,

thanks! orange_warrior and I sat together and compared the pictures, and he is definitely smirking in this last picture :thumbup:

Hope you got home well!

... and we'll meet again at one convention, I am pretty sure of that! Let's hope in London again ... and then we will change into our True Blood outfits just for you :smile:

and here's the picture!

Hiya,

talking to him ... not at the photoshoot, although orange_warrior and I are of the opinion that he said something along the lines of" that is awesome!" I thought it was after the shoot, orange_warrior thinks it was when we came ushering in... but he definitely liked the general idea :coolthumb: he was definitely fun - we pulled the same stunt with Adam Baldwin, who was a bit ... dunno, unhappy ... overwhelmed ... flustered ... not the same, simply not the same ...

Yeah, I've heard Adam Baldwin was a mixed bag. I'm a big fan of his, but decided against meeting him, as he didnt seem very approachable when I was there. But, I've also heard he was great at other times. Next time for me, i guess!

... not good, still cannot look at this picture without blushing ... we should ceremoniously burn it, i'd say. I don't know how my friend felt, but I felt like taken over by an overactive alien that exact moment (although my friend would tell you that this is exactly who I am - ALWAYS).

My inner alien had a final breakdown when I went to get Karl's autograph later that day. He remembered me as part of the Merlotte's crew which of course sent my brain into overload. My most NOT amazing answer was "I really enjoyed star trek" - this sentence is for me the new "I carried a watermelon" (as in Baby, Dirty Dancing) ... of all the things I could have said (your McCoy is so amazing - made me like the new movie; loved you in the Priest - badass suits you; Eomer was genius, and with RED I had so many LOL moments ...) ... but it still wasn't the craziest moment (came in a close second)... :blush:

Thanks for reading my story guys, see you next year :clap:

Next year!?! What are you talking about? You do know we are expected to be back in London Olympia at the beginning of oktober right?;)

Seriously, i HAVE to go...London keeps calling my name so not going isn't an option anymore, my brain doesn't allow me to think that...

And what you said to Karl is not that bad, cause it's the PHOTO he'll be remembering, hehehe!

My craziest moment isn't really crazy, i think ridiculously lame is a better term.

When i met you guys at preview night, we were standing in line for Jane Badler...and i told you guys how hot she still looked despite being, uhm, a little older than i am. I told her that too when she signed my pic, and then told her that she was going to be very busy during the weekend, and that she was likely to get carpal tunnel syndrome. She replied: "ok, i'd better do some handexercises then" ...I think you know where this is going! Instead of keeping my big mouth shut i said: "Well, i have a suggestion..." which is SOOO lame, but it was out before i knew it...she didn't find it very funny i think, cause she didn't say anything!

and here's the picture!

There was no time! I can never think of anything to say anyway, that's why I was glad Laurana was happy to have a duo pic, this is also my first ever photoshoot, I was so nervous and everyone in line can watch too, it was a bit scary but exhilarating all the same

Next year!?! What are you talking about? You do know we are expected to be back in London Olympia at the beginning of oktober right? ;)

Seriously, i HAVE to go...London keeps calling my name so not going isn't an option anymore, my brain doesn't allow me to think that...

And what you said to Karl is not that bad, cause it's the PHOTO he'll be remembering, hehehe!

My craziest moment isn't really crazy, i think ridiculously lame is a better term.

When i met you guys at preview night, we were standing in line for Jane Badler...and i told you guys how hot she still looked despite being, uhm, a little older than i am. I told her that too when she signed my pic, and then told her that she was going to be very busy during the weekend, and that she was likely to get carpal tunnel syndrome. She replied: "ok, i'd better do some handexercises then" ...I think you know where this is going! Instead of keeping my big mouth shut i said: "Well, i have a suggestion..." which is SOOO lame, but it was out before i knew it...she didn't find it very funny i think, cause she didn't say anything!

HA HA HA! Open mouth, insert foot! oh well at least she'll remember you, I vaguely remember you saying something about liking the plastic look after I said she had a lot of 'work' so I can see where your mind was ;)

Anyway as you can see we both made it back to Scotland safe and sound. It was nice to meet you. I'm too broke to go to any more conventions this year unless I win the lottery, then I'm so there!!

I think one of the other crazy moments was Anthony Head's impromtu performance. We were just heading out from the GoT talk on the Sunday (I think, it's a bit of a blur now) and I was chatting to the girls and they were saying how exciting it was to meet Anthony Head at autographs and he was so nice blah, blah, blah and then as we get to the exit I spot him walking past, at which point we just RAN to the back of the newlly formed queue outside. And then there he was with his guitar, so unexpected but brilliant. We were definitely at the right place, right time.

Next year!?! What are you talking about? You do know we are expected to be back in London Olympia at the beginning of oktober right? ;)

HA HA HA! Open mouth, insert foot! oh well at least she'll remember you, I vaguely remember you saying something about liking the plastic look after I said she had a lot of 'work' so I can see where your mind was ;)

Anyway as you can see we both made it back to Scotland safe and sound. It was nice to meet you. I'm too broke to go to any more conventions this year unless I win the lottery, then I'm so there!!

Then i guess you have a lottery to win then, see you at the EMS...:)

Tbh, i also don't have a clue how i'm gonna pay for it, but i'll worry about that later...

Take care!

and here's the picture!

Hiya,

Yeah, I've heard Adam Baldwin was a mixed bag. I'm a big fan of his, but decided against meeting him, as he didnt seem very approachable when I was there. But, I've also heard he was great at other times. Next time for me, i guess!

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean - he was a very unapproachable saturday, but I had to go back on sunday and he was changed and so much fun to chat to - I had to get an autograph for my BF and the first thing he rumbled was - "you're NOT Frank!" quite fun discussion after that :) So, if I had to plan this weekend again, I'd try and get photos and autographs done the sunday, and do the talks on saturday ...

I kind of had the feeling that a lot of guests had a bad case of jet-lag, which was much better on sunday...

HAHAHA!!! We stood behind you and didn't hear a thing :D Is this an all-time talent or does it appear spontaneously? ;)

So, my BF and I are going to the Start Trek London, but I remember you saying that you are not a ST fan, but SW... there are quite a few conventions on London that time, which con do plan to go to?

I have a crazy moment! I walked into the Michael Winslow shoot on the Sunday with my knitted Meerkat Sgt Jones, first one up, and promptly stopped the whoooole shoot whilst he launched into a skit about Aleksandr.... "Haf you ever noticed zat ze Russian meerkats tend to speak wiz ze German accent?"

I think he's been watching too much UK TV whilst he's been on tour........

• Like 3

I have a crazy moment! I walked into the Michael Winslow shoot on the Sunday with my knitted Meerkat Sgt Jones, first one up, and promptly stopped the whoooole shoot whilst he launched into a skit about Aleksandr.... "Haf you ever noticed zat ze Russian meerkats tend to speak wiz ze German accent?"

I think he's been watching too much UK TV whilst he's been on tour........

that's phantastic! Wihs I could've made it to his talk, but we had to catch our flight :( haha, would have loved to hear his Aleksandr!!! :rolleyes:

HAHAHA!!! We stood behind you and didn't hear a thing :D Is this an all-time talent or does it appear spontaneously? ;)

So, my BF and I are going to the Start Trek London, but I remember you saying that you are not a ST fan, but SW... there are quite a few conventions on London that time, which con do plan to go to?

Hehe, it's a talent, i guess!

I'll be at the EMS, i believe it's october 6th & 7th.

No ST for me;), but i hope you enjoy that one..

One of my craziest moments would have to be after Gillian Andersons Photoshoot and then getting in the Zach Galligan photoshoot line still in my Mulder cosplay.

I had a large grey plastic bag with me which had most of the stuff I'd be getting signed that day including my X-Files DVD Boxset (which at that point hadnt been touched) and in the queue I took off the suit jacket, tie, and shirt and shoved this all in the bag underneath my shirt was my Gremlins tshirt, I then managed to get my Gizmo out of my rucksack ready for Zach to hold.

This may all sound pretty straightforward to some but it was quite a mad dash to do an impromptu costume change like that. :)

And then of course, after Zachs photoshoot getting back into the cosplay for Mitch and Nicholas's talk, and staying in the cosplay for the rest of the day.

Edited by KingRichard76
  • Like 2