Refunds for cancelled and rescheduled guests - update

This makes no sense to me. If we know Laura Vandervoort is not coming to EMS, why is SHowmasters saying that the ticket is still valid for EMS and not automatically refunding us?? What are you playing at Showmasters? Just refund those wit Laura tickets.

I think they mean the twins are still valid for EMS, not Laura. The problem now for automatic refunds is whether they kept a list of who already swapped or got a refund at LFCC.

laura and the twins weren't to be automatically refunded before and we therefore refunded and swapped a lot of them at LFCC

That is why you now have to post the tickets back in order to get the refund, as I know on saturday we ripped up all tickets that had been refunded for those two

Well clearly disorganisation strikes again. How can you people deal with refunds by ripping up refunded tickets. If there is no record of who has had a refund then that is clearly shocking and clearly unprofessional.

We were told Laura was announced for EMS, SM even printed her picture on the flyer and that would have resulted in a lot of people not choosing refunds at LFCC. Then we hear that Laura never agreed to it personally so it looks as if her Representation aren't doing a professioinal job by not talking to their representative and therefore leading SM down the wrong path with their announcement.

Yet it is us customers that have to fit the bill by sending back our tickets in the post and therefore a) paying postage costs and B) risk losing the tickets in the post. I expect all those that send tickets back in the post to be fully refunded including the extra postage costs.

I know this thread is a bit old now but i haven't been around for the past week.

I had my refund at the LFCC and put back onto my card...

I do however understand what some of the people on here are saying about having to pay £5 postage in total for receiving the ticket in the first place then having to return it for a refund......

• 2 weeks later...

Refunds getting done manually must waste an awful lot of time...

Can't a more time efficient software/printing/ticket solution might be looked at in the future?

One that simply requires a few clicks to refund all photoshoots automatically...you can even get solutions that print the tickets and envelope for each order so you're saving the 'pick and pack' time ;)

Your 200 Normad Reedus refunds goes from becoming a laborious time consuming job to a 2-minute job and you don't miss any refunds because the software does it all for you.

It also creates great customer relations as there is no need for delays in refunding and reduces more time wasted reading all the communication related to the delays or missing refunds ;)

As for sending your thousands of orders, who is going to the post office?

Why not invest in a franking machine - it can be done with signed for aswell ;) Oh and RM give discounts for franking customers (which would soon pay for initial outlay of machine)...plus back to that word again - extremely 'time efficient'!

• Like 1

Agree - plus why not (as I've mentioned before) go down the e-ticket route for photoshoots and start selling them only a week before event, that way 99% of the guests attending wont change and refunds are virtually eliminated.

Plus it would mean no postage charges for punters.

And before anyone says - yes but we would need ticket scanners at photo booths / entry points, well, if other ticketed events (not just cons) can do it, why cant the top convention organiser in Europe??

• Like 2

Well at one point someone asked if we could get refunds/swap tickets at LFCC and was told no. I double checked at the event and was told the same, then on the Sunday I saw someone doing just that.

Did they not keep the ripped up tickets? Also, when an order is processed, is the number on the ticket assigned not recorded somewhere on the order?