Cosplay

Sarah and I need to start her costumes, had 2 drama shows to costume first but once they are over we will get going. I just hope we havent left it too late

I spent the weekend and up to Wednesday completing my Alice in Wonderland costume, it's not AMAZING, but i like it, and you can tell I'm Alice in Wonderland, so you'll be fine!! Good Luck!!!

• Like 2

Same here. I still have an unfinished Lucy/Narnia 3 costume (it's almost finished, but just not complete), an unfinished Arya Stark/GoT costume and a actually quite finished as I intend to keep it the way it is, but incomplete Dúnedain/LotR costume.

Anyway, I'll be Kira Nerys (DS9) in the season 1-4 uniform on LFCC. That one will be finished this weekend to the last details.

But reading about all those GoT people I'm thinking about finishing my Arya Stark costume and changing during the day, as I'm only attending one day, but most likely I won't have the time.

Right, I've decided :) Fortunately, these are all already made :)

Nefertiti (by way of Weimar Berlin - you'll get it when you see it) for Friday preview.

John Watson (modern desert pattern army gear) for Saturday. This is a River Song costume doing double duty, and I have a reason for the Alpha-Omega church army badge still being attached :)

Jenny Flint for Sunday.

well, i know somewhere here i posted i wanted to do a disney costume. i have done so! i decided to go with a character i love greatly, sally from nightmare before christmas. i have the dress now, but it needs serious alterations as just out of the packet it looks really cheap. i also cut off the sleaves of a white shirt and got some white gloves, sewed them together, painted hand details (nails and so on) on the gloves and cut the arms up and sewed them back together, creating the stitched up doll look for arms, so much easier then painting my arms white! i got white leggings and will cut them up and sew them back up again to have the same effect. i am thinking of buying white contact lenses that have black dots on them for the eyes, but i was wondering would that look too creepy or just right for the costume? needs tips here!

sunday i will just go for the all favorite starfleet ds9 style uniform. bring along my hair extension, my mad makeup skills and make myself bootiful for the photoshoots :-)

Edited by dreamsphere3

well, i know somewhere here i posted i wanted to do a disney costume. i have done so! i decided to go with a character i love greatly, sally from nightmare before christmas. i have the dress now, but it needs serious alterations as just out of the packet it looks really cheap. i also cut off the sleaves of a white shirt and got some white gloves, sewed them together, painted hand details (nails and so on) on the gloves and cut the arms up and sewed them back together, creating the stitched up doll look for arms, so much easier then painting my arms white! i got white leggings and will cut them up and sew them back up again to have the same effect. i am thinking of buying white contact lenses that have black dots on them for the eyes, but i was wondering would that look too creepy or just right for the costume? needs tips here!

sunday i will just go for the all favorite starfleet ds9 style uniform. bring along my hair extension, my mad makeup skills and make myself bootiful for the photoshoots :-)

It depends on how accurate you'd wanna go for Sally. I think that would be super cool to see someone go ALL out with the contacts and all, but it's 100% up to you and your personal preferences. I know in the parks, they have Sally with normal eyes so she's less frightening to the kids, but again- up to you. ^_^ It'd be a tough choice for me to make too!

It depends on how accurate you'd wanna go for Sally. I think that would be super cool to see someone go ALL out with the contacts and all, but it's 100% up to you and your personal preferences. I know in the parks, they have Sally with normal eyes so she's less frightening to the kids, but again- up to you. ^_^ It'd be a tough choice for me to make too!

ya, im just worried if some kids reconise me and want a picture or something and then get all upset by the scary eyes. i do really want to go all out on this though, its the most thought ive put into a cosplay, im even making some of those dead flowers she plays with in the show, before they fire up.

Well it's the 1780 polonaise for saturday, and la volpe and if finished the borgia dress for the friday and the sunday, not quite decided which way round im gonna do this though. although if i can nick my fellas bdu pants it'll be sgc uniform sg1 femme jonas for the sunday, i can wear it home that way. lol.

Either way it goes, i'm sorry leggolassie, my suitcase is gonna be big. hehe. i've tried the smaller one i can barely fit the duchess outfit in it, let alone the rest of the stuff, stupid skirt poofer and bustle pad. :angel::whistling::BRUISED:

Weaponry question! One of my friends is going to be going as Lara Croft from the new Tomb Raider. She will be having the quiver on her back, but I wanted to check whether it would be ok to use real arrows with the points removed, or whether they'd have to be ones make of card or something. They'll be staying in the quiver all convention, and she won't have a working bow with her to shoot anyone with.

Weaponry question! One of my friends is going to be going as Lara Croft from the new Tomb Raider. She will be having the quiver on her back, but I wanted to check whether it would be ok to use real arrows with the points removed, or whether they'd have to be ones make of card or something. They'll be staying in the quiver all convention, and she won't have a working bow with her to shoot anyone with.

No I'm afraid that wont be allowed as any sort of weapon deemed too realistic would not comply with health and safety regulations. Any weapon considered dangerous in any position will not be allowed in the competition. Hope this helps!

Looks like I'm losing a days sewing, so one of my costumes might not get done. Sigh. It is for a good reason though, I made the shortlist for the great British sewing bee, so cosplayers might get some decent press this year. Yay!! Sorry I had to get it out, I go for my audition Thursday and I'm all excited. So looks like la volpe is going after all.