Cosplay

Only 29 days to go! Its going to be our first Comic con. My wife bought the entry tickets and a photo shoot with Linda Hamilton for a present for my 30th. (I am using the account she set up to ask questions about it )

We are both looking forward to it, but we are hoping we don't spend all our money there. Too many celebs that we want to meet and have photos with :smile:

On the Saturday we will be dressing up as Sarah and Chuck from Chuck. It should look good to get a photo with Linda Hamilton while dressed as Chuck :thumbup:

So guys keep an eye out for us and feel free to come and say hello.

chuck.jpg

I will be looking something like this!

chuck-20080604002003711-000.jpg

My wife will be looking something like this.

Only 29 days to go! Its going to be our first Comic con. My wife bought the entry tickets and a photo shoot with Linda Hamilton for a present for my 30th. (I am using the account she set up to ask questions about it )

We are both looking forward to it, but we are hoping we don't spend all our money there. Too many celebs that we want to meet and have photos with :smile:

On the Saturday we will be dressing up as Sarah and Chuck from Chuck. It should look good to get a photo with Linda Hamilton while dressed as Chuck :thumbup:

So guys keep an eye out for us and feel free to come and say hello.

chuck.jpg

I will be looking something like this!

chuck-20080604002003711-000.jpg

My wife will be looking something like this.

My daughter, Sarah did Sarah at EMS last year and had a photo with Adam Baldwin. She didnt have a Chuck though.

This will be our first Comic con :dance: and we are both looking forward to it! Got our costumes sorted already. But I am just wondering if there is any etiquette with regards to having photos with other people in cosplay or if/when people ask for a photo with you? As I have never done this before I am a bit clueless. I also hope people like our costumes.

Just be nice, Pod0509 :) If you spot a lot of people taking pics of/with some cosplayers who you also like, maybe try and get in there, and have/take your pic at the same time. This happened with Matt 10th Doctor and Matt 11th Doctor (you all know who I mean) at Collectormania. Maybe have something ready to say if people ask about your costume when they ask for a pic with you :)

• Like 2

I shall be re-wearing Zatanna from DC Comics on the Saturday with my bf sjbonnar as the Penguin but my Sunday cosplay isn't set yet, it might be Hermione Granger from Prisoner of Azkaban. I still have Amanda Young (in the reverse bear trap) from Saw and Sara Sidle from CSI on my to do list also.

Edited by Leonie Heartilly

Just need to lose a couple of pounds and the sg1 costume will be back on track, i plan to nick my fellas olive drab bdu trousers, i have the boots and tshirt for the on base uniform, just need a belt and maybe a shirt and patches, gah i'm still not sure yet though, so drafting the borgia bodice pattern tonight usin last years pattern for my claudia auditore, just don't feel like baking this year. :thumbup:

Hey! I'm going to be doing my first con cosplay this year and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be doing Green Arrow / the vigilante from the new Arrow tv show on Saturday and either Malcolm Reynolds or early DS9 Star Fleet uniform on Sunday, not decided which yet. Can't wait to see everyone else's costumes. Sounds like there's going to be lots of fun there.

• Like 1

Just need to lose a couple of pounds and the sg1 costume will be back on track, i plan to nick my fellas olive drab bdu trousers, i have the boots and tshirt for the on base uniform, just need a belt and maybe a shirt and patches, gah i'm still not sure yet though, so drafting the borgia bodice pattern tonight usin last years pattern for my claudia auditore, just don't feel like baking this year. :thumbup:

None of us can possibly be as hot as the guy in the Chewbacca costume ;)

i don't know. lol, that undergown i had on was wool, and veeeeerrrrryyyyy heavy, add onto that polycotton shift and bloomers, a poly overdress and a synthetic wig, and well pass me the baster i'm almost done. lol. so yeah kinda aiming to stay away from that this year. :whistling:

I'll look out for you naurarwen. I'm looking forward to getting photos with everyone and swapping costuming stories, tips and tricks!

Well if I miss you on the Sat I'll be wearing Selene from Underworld on Sunday and at some points hanging round the costume group Star Warriors table.

Happy to say that so far all my costume plans are the same. Fri: Gretel from the new Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters, Sat: Female Sub Zero and Sun: Selene from Underworld. Selene is almost finished so yay. Also my boyfriend is gonna do a bit of dress up at LFCC. He's doing a nice simple Happy Hogan to go with our friends Tony Stark on Sat and David from Underworld to go with my Selene

Yay! For Hansel and Gretel. I'll be your Hansel on Friday.

The rest of my plans are as follows; Legolas from Lord of the Rings (first time wear this costume in a long time) and then Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones. I was going to wear Jaime on Sat and then Leggy on Sun but now that is switching around due to a Lord of the Rings group forming on Sat. Others are welcome to join us ^_^

Could we do a GoT gathering on sunday? I have Daenerys Joffrey Jon Snow and Drogon (the dragon)

Happy to say that so far all my costume plans are the same. Fri: Gretel from the new Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters, Sat: Female Sub Zero and Sun: Selene from Underworld. Selene is almost finished so yay. Also my boyfriend is gonna do a bit of dress up at LFCC. He's doing a nice simple Happy Hogan to go with our friends Tony Stark on Sat and David from Underworld to go with my Selene

Yay! For Hansel and Gretel. I'll be your Hansel on Friday.

The rest of my plans are as follows; Legolas from Lord of the Rings (first time wear this costume in a long time) and then Jaime Lannister from Game of Thrones. I was going to wear Jaime on Sat and then Leggy on Sun but now that is switching around due to a Lord of the Rings group forming on Sat. Others are welcome to join us ^_^

Could we do a GoT gathering on sunday? I have Daenerys Joffrey Jon Snow and Drogon (the dragon)

There is a GoT photoshoot/meet-up being organised - see my reply to sazzat on page 5 of this topic :)