Cosplay

hopefully coming with a group of friends as genderswapped batman villains. Imma make a Harley Quinn mallet out of a big empty olive oil can (with no sharp edges) and a wooden dowel...that'll be fine right?

Yeah that should be fine. Long as the hammer itself is not heavy in weight.

Thanks guys, I'm just waiting to hear about the next stage. It was fun, but the standard was high, if a little samey, glad I took items that stood out. Ie my 18th century corset, my peacock steampunk coat and my haldir tunic. So here's hoping, next round is the Friday of the con. Eeeeeee!

Ok my final cosplays are Buffy (friday), Harley (Sat) and Xena (Sunday) anyone finalized there's yet? Btw again if you have concerns about weapons, props etc its worth posting a pic on the facebook group or here so we can give you guidance in advance. Also keep throwing ideas of what you want to see in the repair area!

We have just tried on our finished outfits for comic con. Carlas outfit as Sarah Walker took the longest as there were a bit more bits to it. The corset took a bit of effort but finally finished it yesterday.

It all looks goo and we took some pics. :) Roll on Saturday 6th July!

would love to do cosplay but have so many ideas can't pick one could combine two ideas together but don't know if this is accepted or not let me know

No reason why it wouldn't be, in fact I'd say that makes your cosplay stand out even more. Go for it!

Hi Cosplayers,

I work for so Television (The Graham Norton Show etc) and we're recording a pilot on Thursday 4th July, the day before LFCC opens, and we are looking for some cosplayers to be in our audience.

The show is a comedy talk show all about sci-fi and fantasy film and TV, tech, gaming and science. It'll be hosted by three great comedians with special guests, interviews and comedy sketches. It would be great to have some of you in the audience - if you're available to be in Waterloo from 3.30pm - 6.30pm on the 4th July please do email me at merielp@sotelevision.co.uk or give me a call on 0207 960 2043. It's going to be a really fun afternoon and we would love to have you on screen and involved.

Would be great to hear from you.

Cheers,

Meriel

The realisation of meeting Norman Reedus as Megara from Hercules (Disney) is extremely funny to me... and I think it will forever be amusing even after the day LOL! Ah well, it's worth it if it means I get a good autograph from him for my friend in States.

• Like 1

Reminder of rules about weapons, props and any other potentially dangerous items. Please do read the rules carefully before apply however if in doubt do feel to post a pic of your item or describe it here (picture would be ideal) and we can give guidance on what to change, how to improve etc. A few other tips to improve your experience:

• It is recommend that props such as guns, swords, knifes and bows and arrows are carried in a concealed bag whilst walking around the event. You can of course take these out for photos and when on stage but to avoid any difficult contact please do conceal if you can.
  • The venue itself is large but gets busy and as result can get hot. It is advised to have a bottle of water on you to avoid overheating - this is partially important for those cosplaying in fursuits, large structures or other creations of the sort.
  • We will have 3 changing rooms to use. We also can keep props behind the desk but this will be at own risk. For a more secure solution please use the cloakroom provided by the venue. Please do note there will be a charge for this.
  • We have a repair area where you can get fixtures. We will have glue, pins, cotton and tape but no sewing machines or gluegun. If you'd like to recommend anything you'd like to see in this area please do post here. We can't promise sewing machines and glueguns but little things we can provide if given enough notice.
  • Please do arrive at least half an hour before each contest. This insures that we have enough time to order the entries. If you have to drop out for any reason please do let us know asap as this makes things smoother.
  • Please send us your music ASAP. We will have spotify and our own music to use on on day entries but if you have a specific soundtrack needed (for example a skit) please do send us this ASAP. Ideally we'd like all music to be sent two days before the event.
  • Fighting scene skits are done at your own risk and be aware that Showmasters reserves the right to stop a performance if either to choreography or content is viewed to be unsafe.

Any other questions do please contact us here. Of course the most important tip is to have fun when cosplaying as thats what its all about in the end! See you all soon and good luck!

So i take it entry to the masquerade is purely on the day, or do we fill in an entry form like previous years, cos i can't find one. hehe. precon nerves setting in atm. Oh and plans have changed again. lol. Now doing lizzy bennet from p+p seeing as the bodice is now stitched. the joys of costumes going majorly wrong and having over 20 metres of multi period fabric in your stash. :dance:

• Like 1