Post Con Blues

Thank God I'm not the only one who gets this.... the weekend, I was so happy being with friends, REAL friends... I mean meeting the guests was nice and all but it was about the friends in a big way for me too, and then now I'm back here in the real world and it's a major ...for the want of another word.... BLEURGH! And people who I've got to know online or known online for years and then offline and other people who recognised me, actually coming up to me and chatting as well as people I didn't know but really enjoyed talking to as we queued up for photoshoots, it was just a really fantastic experience. Shame a lot of the people who stereotype con goers and don't go themselves aren't as friendly and sociable. I miss that. I also find that people outside of it for the most part, don't really understand it. People I know at home are like... what's so good about it? Or... that's nice (but I'm not really interested in hearing about it)... but you can't really convey what it's like to someone, they have to go for themselves and feel it.

Edited by SilvaNemesis

mmh ... I always am high as a kite after meeting all these amazing people, so it takes me at least a whole week to get back to earth and fall into the Post Con Blues. A proposed cure: look at all your photos and autographs, remember all the funny things that happend to you and keep smiling; the next Con is around the corner (somewhere, even if San Diego is a bit too far for a quick chat).