X-files guests!

Who else thought Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi were absolute legends? :wub2:

Having been a huge x-files fan for so long, I was really looking forward to meeting them both on Saturday and it couldn't have been a better experience. They were both really friendly and took their time with everyone, really easy to chat with too which is always good if you're slightly starstruck lol! Both gents seemed genuinely happy to be there and were more than happy to pose for pics and chat for ages :D Nic even said I had to come back if my photo didn't come out too well (as my camera was being rubbish and wouldn't load the pic) - which I did, on Sunday at the end of the day.

I also had a great time meeting Gillian Anderson, although of course I didn't expect her to have half as much time as Nic and Mitch! I met her with a friend of mine near the end of the day, and was really impressed she was still personalising, and that she had an open queue. We had a little chat (mainly about my friend's cosplay costume!) and shook hands, and I came away very happy :D . I also thought the photoshoot was great - of course there were hundreds and hundreds of people to get through so in a photoshoot you can't expect to have time to chat, but I got a big smile and a Hi, and when I thanked Gillian she replied "Thank *you*" with another big smile.

I'm sure all three made a lot of other x-philes very happy too! :YAHOO: Would love to hear your stories as well!

• Like 3

I didn't meet Nicholas as I had too many other priorities but Gillian was really lovely and I was totally surprised she was personalising and having time for a quick word with everyone. I went early and then later on with the print from the talk and she commented that I was the only person with my name she'd signed for that day.

And I've just found there's some of my photos from her Q&A session on her official website. Goodness knows who's seen them and done that but I'm totally geeking out about it.

Mitch was great too. Met him on Sunday when there was no-one else queuing which was unusual as his queue always seemed to be long. I basically said I didn't know where to start talking to him about the X-Files as it was such a phenomenon and I was really pleased to see him become a regular on Stargate. He said he loved that as he got his own spaceship and was a total Captain Kirk about it, even trying to pose the same way as Shatner used to but the directors wouldn't let him :) Great story and he seemed really nice.

• Like 1

I didn't want to write anything until I had let it all fully sink in that it wasn't actually a dream!

Guess you could say my first ever guest to meet from the X-Files was Jewel Staite. She was 1 of the loveliest people I've ever met. Was happy enough to pose for a pic on the Friday night when I met her, and she put quotes on both my pics too :smile: I also went to see her again on Sunday to get our pic together signed. Would totally love to met her again! 10/10

Next up was Adam Baldwin. What a great guy, I could imagine being friends with him would be a real blast. He took time with everyone and put quotes on both my pics too. Wasn't posing for any pics, but I caught up with him later on in the night for 1. 10/10

I then headed over to Mitch. And I agree with Spookie, what a legend! He was laughing and chatting to everyone. And when I gave him a Skinner pic to sign, he made a joke about his pose with his hand on his hip. One of the most approachable guests at the con for sure! I also saw him again on the Sunday to get our pic together signed :smile: 10/10

It was then the turn of Nicholas. When I handed him my pic to sign, he looked at me with a puzzled look and asked if we'd met before. I told him I wish we had, and that this was my first con. And he said it was for him too. He said him and Mitch had done some official things during the time of the show, but nothing quite like this. I must have had a very familiar face as he remembered me again at Saturdays photo shoot. Then when I went to get it signed Sunday morning he joke about me being back to see him. Think he was the only guest I saw all 3 days. He wasn't busy first thing Sunday, so we had a bit of a chat. He mentioned how the weather was just like Vancouver, and he had wanted to go driving across London and down to Somerset. He had a couple of days to kill as he's going home today. He really was a great guy to meet! 10/10

As much as I loved meeting the 4 former guests, the weekend had always really been about 1 person, Gillian! Even as a gold pass holder I still got there at 7.30am just to make sure I could be 1 of the first to meet her. And I was luckily enough to be the 4th person she signed for. Everyone had said expect the worst about her personalising, and honestly I'd have been over the moon with just my X-Files script being done, but she did my 2 pics too. I was so nervous and excited, I couldn't really believe it was happening. After she had signed for me, I waited at the end of her table waiting for the ink to dry. But it was merely an excuse to stay around her for longer :D She had totally blown my mind, and the day was only getting started. After getting Jeri's auto, I headed down to Gillian's photo shoot. Already a very long queue, but luckily a crew member saw my gold pass and took me near to the front (jumped 100 people at least). When I went in she was still being so nice and friendly even though they were rushing it all. Once the shoot was over I was really in a bit of a daze. I needed someone to come pinch me and check it wasn't another dream. All I needed to do now was wait for the pic to get that signed too. Sadly someone spoilt that idea at first. I paid for my auto and got within 2 people from Gillian's table. But because some idiot stood there taking pics like she was on a fashion shoot, Gillian got up and left. The person in question hadn't even paid for or come for an autograph!! So my heart kinda sunk at this point, as it was clear she wasn't gonna come back as it wasn't that long till her 2nd photo shoot. The crew members were really good though, they told me to come back later and even remembered me without even saying anything. Let me go straight in without having to queue, and I was soon the very proud and happy owner of a signed pic of us both. It didn't just make my day, my week or even my year, it was so much more than could possibly ever be explained!

I really don't think anything could ever come close to how awesome this weekend was. Even if David turned up at EMS, it couldn't match the feeling of Saturdays. It was just.....magical

• Like 1

Nicholas Lea and Mitch Pileggi was great. Saturday it was impossible to meet them but sunday was very happy and both had been very very very nice and enough time talk a little bit... Nick looks so good! Got only Gillian Anderson for photoshooting but no autographs, to many people had been there. but well...

Also Adam Baldwin and Jewel Staite had been very very kind and time to talk. Gosh... Adam is so tall...

• Like 1

I have to agree that the X-Files guests were fantastic. I had already met Mitch on a couple of occasions, but still had things for him to sign this time too and so ended up seeing him on both Saturday and Sunday. Nicholas was my main 'must meet', even more so that Gillian. He was fantastic, and as others have said the fact he wasn't too busy Sunday morning meant that I had the chance to chat a little bit which was excellent. Gillian was a bit more of a speedy experience, but to be fair she was lovely and did take the time to have a quick word with everyone too.

• Like 1

How can I sum up what I want to say (with only fifteen minutes left on the clock in the library)

GILLIAN ANDERSON was ABOVE and BEYOND my GREAT(est) of EXPECTATIONS, the woman was just so sweet and just so lovely, smiles with everyone, an arm around you at the photoshoot how can I sum it up without repeating myself.

Ten minutes on the clock.

Mitch and Nicholas were really lovely I was overjoyed when Mitch answered my question during the talk:

"How does it feel to be reunited with Gillian Anderson?"

and his response was classic "Could you call me "Sir" one last time?"

I was surprised that Gillian was personalising and that to me was beyond amazing, my time with all of them is something I Want To Believe :)

Thanks again Showmasters for making this happen :)

Cofounder of the Showmasters Official Fanclub for Gillian Anderson

• Like 3

It's great how X-Files was the show everone wanted to meet guests from but we never seemed to get any. It felt like SM perhaps thought it might not be popular enough. Then in the last couple of years we have had Willim B. Davis and the massive LFCC guests. It was amazing meeting all the guests last weekend but it really was an X-Files files show for me, and for SO many others too! With the guests being this popular, I don't imagine they will let too long pass before bring David and others over. Well done SM!

Met Mitch & Nic on the Friday and was happy with both. Joked with Nic that the pic with him and an axe seemed say, "Yeah, am a bloke out in the woods with ney women to nag me and got myself an AXE!!!!!!" Says he loves it when filming takes place outdoors.

Mitch enjoys these events as he gets meet fans who help him do what he enjoys.

I met all of them too. I can't disagree with what the other fans have reported. Here's a brief summary.

-Gillian: quick experience, as expected, she greeted me nicely and while signing she chatted with my young son about Johnny English (...of all things! :whistling: ).

-Adam: nice chap, he talked to my son about his Iron Maiden shirt.

-Nicholas: we talked about Italian dubbing so he wrote "Grazie" on the picture and he laughed a lot when I told him that Lance Henriksen wanted to do something similar (writing "ciao") but wrote "chow". Bless him.

-Mitch: we chatted about his Italian origin (...my standard topic of conversation with certain stars - I tried the same with Hayden Panettiere (in English means Baker) who confirmed she has Italian parents and feels Italian but she doesn't speak it.)

All in all, an excellent experience. Now please bring more X-Files guests, such as the Lone Gunmen and Smoking Man (again) Robert Patrick, Annabeth Gish and David.

Edited by Bergman
  • Like 1

I was surprised that Gillian was personalising and that to me was beyond amazing, my time with all of them is something I Want To Believe :)

I too was thrilled to find that she was doing personalisations.

Now please bring more X-Files guests, such as the Lone Gunmen and Smoking Man (again) Robert Patrick, Annabeth Gish and David.

Yes! Get Robert Patrick back! He was awesome at collectormania 2011, and Annabeth Gish would be awesome too!

This is a message to thank Showmasters for allowing me the opportunity to meet Gillian Anderson. I have met a few stars at many conventions but Gillain really is the best by a country mile and the first time I have been genuinely starstruck.

I first saw her at her photoshoot and could not believe Dana Scully was standing with her arm round me, I was grinning like a right goon, no forced smiles for the camera here! She was very warm, friendly and sincere and for the amount of people she had to get through it was VERY impressive. She's a real pro, or maybe just a very nice and professional person.

Then when it came to the signing I was really shocked that Gillian was personalising for everyone. I really did not expect this from a headline guest and it really adds A LOT to the experience. Even with so many people to meet, Gillian blasted through the numbers but without making you feel rushed. Didn't really have much to say to her or time to say it in, but she was very courteous, agreeable, friendly and made good eye contact. I saw her making a lot of effort with people's kids too. She seemed like she wanted to be there which is always a good thing.

The two autographs I had her sign are the jewels of my collection. The X-Files is a massive show to so many people and I grew up watching it and the day I got to meet the star of the show will be a memory I will not forget. Scully was always my favourite! When I read she had been announced for this show I could not believe it. When some (crazy) people said she was not that great a guest I could not believe it. Now I have met her I still cannot believe it! Saturday was a good day.

Thank you Showmasters for allowing me to meet my favourite guest ever!!!

• Like 2

It was amazing to be in a place with so many people who loved the show.... even though it finished years ago.

Gillian was amazing and exceeded my expectations. I've gone to some of her shows before and know that once people start acting like papparazzi, rather than fans, it gets on her nerves (quite understandably IMHO!). But the fact that she was personalising, I just didn't know what to do.... I even managed to speak to her briefly about how much I loved "Sweetest Swing in Baseball" and she actually added in a "thank you" as well as my name... so impressed! Thought she was really great at the talk, despite the fact that some questions were repeated. Photoshoot was also great! Due to the fact that it was so quick, I though that the quality would be rubbish but it's amazing!

Mitch... I don't actually know what to say. I wasn't expecting much because I was there to see Gillian but he turned out to be a favourite part of my weekend. When personalising with my name, he said "XXXXX makes my heart absolutely sing." Cue me blushing like an idiot and mumbling and getting seriously embarrassed. Cue him apologising for making me blush... then I got brave and actually spoke to him and said that his work on Criminal Minds was his best work and he actually hugged me and said he agreed and we had a chat about that... perhaps because it was so utterly random was the reason that it was great?

The sound in the talks disappointed me, especially in terms of Nic and Mitch but overall, I'll be there next year if the quality of XF stars is the same... can you imagine what would happen if David AND Gillian were there?!?!?!?

• Like 2

Really had a great time!!!! Met all the Xfiles guests, but as much as i loved meeting Gillian, Mitch is definitly my favourite!! Such a nice guy!!!

I've read she will also do another convention this year in america.