Any other gold pass holders....

You are right Satchel but I just want to point out that the above is not what I suggested - indeed, as you said, it would be awful for the crewmembers. I clarify my idea: the GP bears the name of the holder (with or without photo); the crewmembers usually check that the GP matches the person who holds it by looking at the photo, if the photo is not there they can ask to see a personal document, that's all. So it is up to the GP holder with no photo to provide further evidence on request. :smile:

Sorry, my bad, I misunderstood you then.

Still, I don't think the crewmembers should have to check anything but the presence of a badge or wristband. Everything takes time and they are busy as it is. :smile:

Just to chip in on the main topic of wristband v photo I'd. I didn't have the greatest experiance when collecting mine.

I had provided photos as requested so was also disappointed not to get some nice ID to flash around. I was directed to the organiser booth to collect by a very grumpy and not particularly polite member of the team out front. The ladies manning the booth were friendly but seemed at their wits end, they couldnt find me on the list at first and when I pointed my name out I wasnt asked for any ID but thrust my pack of photos (would have been nice to get a little cardboard in their to protect them, rather than a very substandard envelope, plus I didn't have a clue who half of them where until you lovely people helped me) and then asked what talks I wanted to attend (I had thought the gold pass would allow me to attend any). After that I was on my way with not so much as an 'enjoy the event'. I hadn't even tied my wristband on.

Now I love these events and have been to many but as a first experiance holding a Gold pass I can't say that I was that impressed, just a few subtle touches would have made the experiance better.

having had a new baby girl a few weeks before my usual event time was cut short so whilst I didn't have time to get value for money, by attending more talks and getting more signatures the little touches mattered more.

The photo passes would have potentially saved time Initially and clearly helped on the issue of ID, a hard backed folder for the autographs and a list of contents would hav been nice along with info on the talks and just a little extra attention from the staff (maybe a reccomendation on what not to miss or pointing out which guests hav been particularly popular).

Maybe I was more than a little sleep deprived maybe I still am, but I think the gold pass experiance needs little refining.

I to had issue with the queing and wristbands on the Friday night. I confess we were technically first into the event but we then had to spend a long time in a line to get my pass. I decided to line up and get everything in one go (pass and auto pack). I found asking us about which of the talks we were attending was very strange, the poor girl had to take note of the talks look them up on the wall for a code for each talk then write it down. For me this could have been imporved various ways. First make the codes like the guest they are for so they are easier to write down eg for the games of throne talk the code would be GOT, also could it have not been a general tally sheet so make a mark or a tick in a column for a particular talk or allow us to do this on a separate sheet on the weall when we have moved away from the guest. Why did showmasters have to know which talks i was going to over the weekend, in fact with the talks running late i did actually miss a couple i said i was going to because of timing issues. I found that the whole asking for talks info was adding unnecessary waiting time.

I think what was really shocking that after queing up for ages that when i made it to the line, they had my autograph selection on the sheet but no pack for me, so after waiting a long time i had no auto pack. I was asked to come pack during the weekend and ask if it had been found and/or to give them time to create one for me. I did this and checked on Friday before i left and was told to come back and check on Saturday and then on Sunday i was told oh if it is not here then we will post it to you. After the queing on the different days to find out that it was not there and for it to not have arrived at home yet very annoying.

Thanks