Any other gold pass holders....

Am I the only Gold Pass Holder that is not Happy :no: with the Autograph pack they requested and what did you ask for and what did you get I handed mine back STAR TREK and am hoping to get all from STAR TREK not a General Pack

It does say on the Gold Pass info that you "only" get four from your stated choice, and the rest are random. I went for the British film/tv one and... well, there could have been better ones, but then we did get in to all the paid talks for nothing - which was a considerable saving for me this year as there were far more paid talks than before.

• Showmasters Admin

over the last few years we have had some issues with people not sending in photos of them selfs deliberately so that we cannot map cup a pass and then have to give them one with out a photo on it and then they swop them out with there friends and cheat other gold pass holders that have paid for them and cheating other fans attending the show , so this year as we got close to the show we still have around 40% of the gold pass holders not sending in there photos , so we opted into the wrist band and this worked well and stopped a lot of people trying the shear the old dog tags .

i hope that helps explain why we did this

hope that helps

jason

Cheers for the explanation Jason. :D

Out of all the photoshoots, I missed 3 on the Saturday (Al Leong, Rose Leslie and Alex Winter) but luckily I was told I could use my tickets on the Sunday. Unfortunately Rose was not attending the following day so I missed out there!

I actually forgot to collect my autograph photo pack too.

On the whole though, the gold pass is definitely good value for money as I attended quite a few talks as well as queue jumping like a man possessed! :D

I always send my photo but I understand that there are sometimes "technical" problems in good faith from both sides; swapping the GPs is not fair but I would suggest the following: Showmasters should require more details, name, date of birth, address and photo. If the photo is not available then a card without picture will be issued (as in the past) but in that case the staff checking VT/pass will ask for another document (i.e. driving license, credit card, etc., something proving that you is you). Alternatively, an instant photo can be taken (with a polaroid maybe) and stuck on the card through lamination or adhesive transparent paper, although this might be a slow process and there should be a member of staff devoted just to this. Alternatively, no-photo holders could be issued with special VT for required guest/talks/photoshoots so they are going to use them only once.

Appreciate the explanation and I can see why it was done. Still found it a bit of a pain though when sleeping and showering each day. I guess if that's what people have been doing (people will always be idiots I suppose) then fair enough.

It would probably be too expensive but for those who haven't sent in pictures, maybe you could get one of those machines which takes a photo and prints passes out immediately. Probably not worth the expense but we have them at work and when I've been to other places that need membership cards they've been able to print them out there and then.

Anyway, thanks for explaining. Worked well enough, just a bit more inconvenient.

Thanks for explaning Jason.

I agree, no photo, no pass. Or maybe give passes to those who provided photo in due time and strap wristbands on the suckers who didn't provide photos.

I don't think all the crewmembers should have to carry around a note with personal details about goldpass holders (as suggested by Bergman) - even if it was only the ones who didn't provide a photo. Crewmembers should be able to easily tell if someone has a goldpass or not. Checking on a piece of paper is too much of a hassle and too timeconsuming.

I don't think all the crewmembers should have to carry around a note with personal details about goldpass holders (as suggested by Bergman)

You are right Satchel but I just want to point out that the above is not what I suggested - indeed, as you said, it would be awful for the crewmembers. I clarify my idea: the GP bears the name of the holder (with or without photo); the crewmembers usually check that the GP matches the person who holds it by looking at the photo, if the photo is not there they can ask to see a personal document, that's all. So it is up to the GP holder with no photo to provide further evidence on request. :smile:

On the other hand, it might also be fun to see a different form of identification every time; personally, I didn't have any problem with the wristband. :coolthumb:

Would it not be *easier* for people to swop wristbands than swop the passes? This is my first con, so I have to say that I found the bands worked really well (especially as I have a habit of loosing things!) but I clearly saw at least three different people give their gold band to another person and then get it back afterwards...

Would it not be *easier* for people to swop wristbands than swop the passes? This is my first con, so I have to say that I found the bands worked really well (especially as I have a habit of loosing things!) but I clearly saw at least three different people give their gold band to another person and then get it back afterwards...

That is not good. That means their wristbands were either too loose or they tampered with them. Thanks for letting us know, I will pass that information on to the office

That is not good. That means their wristbands were either too loose or they tampered with them. Thanks for letting us know, I will pass that information on to the office

Unfortunately (I've heard of this being done at concerts which use them), it's not difficult to cut it off, give it to someone else, use tape to seal it back up and provided the break is hidden on the underside of the arm when you show it you can't really tell.

The pass with photo on is by far the best as you can't easily make yourself look like someone else :)

Any chance you fellow gold pass holders can help me identify the autographs in my lotr pack?

[media=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/cedwardson/sets/72157630668969798/[/media]

Apart from John Rees Davies I'm unfamiliar with the other pictures I received, I could do some research on some but for the majority not part of lotr I wouldnt know where to start so any help would be appreciated.

In particular the three headed monster, the priest and group of young males.

Thanks for your help.

Colin

I cut mine off as soon as I left on Sunday - felt guilty pushing in front of all those people. :/

Nothing to feel guilty about :) it's not really pushing in, more taking a place in the queue that you've paid for. It's not a new system, theme parks offer paid for fast pass tickets etc... it's just an added luxury! And I've never ever seen someone without a gold pass complain!

I kind of feel a bit weird at times, especially if I turn up to a photoshoot after it's started and they try to insert you near the front but it's what you're paying for to make sure you get through things quickly.

Happened a few times last weekend as I had a few clashes but everyone seemed to understand or didn't mind in the same way as i don't mind when they put someone with a disability etc in front of me.

After all it's one of the main reasons for buy it for me. That and not having to queue for VQ tickets. Though that actually backfired on me a little on saturday as going to meet Jeri Ryan first thing I didn't get a personalisation as they only started doing that later on. Ah well.

Don't really understand this Rockstar. I had a gold pass and was one of the first 20 people to meet Jeri on the Saturday and I had an autograph personalized. All I had to do was ask. :smile:

I cut mine off as soon as I left on Sunday - felt guilty pushing in front of all those people. :/

Nothing to feel guilty about :) it's not really pushing in, more taking a place in the queue that you've paid for. It's not a new system, theme parks offer paid for fast pass tickets etc... it's just an added luxury! And I've never ever seen someone without a gold pass complain!

I kind of feel a bit weird at times, especially if I turn up to a photoshoot after it's started and they try to insert you near the front but it's what you're paying for to make sure you get through things quickly.

Happened a few times last weekend as I had a few clashes but everyone seemed to understand or didn't mind in the same way as i don't mind when they put someone with a disability etc in front of me.

After all it's one of the main reasons for buy it for me. That and not having to queue for VQ tickets. Though that actually backfired on me a little on saturday as going to meet Jeri Ryan first thing I didn't get a personalisation as they only started doing that later on. Ah well.

Don't really understand this Rockstar. I had a gold pass and was one of the first 20 people to meet Jeri on the Saturday and I had an autograph personalized. All I had to do was ask. :smile:

Well maybe it's just me then. I normally expect to be asked when paying if I want it personalised, although sometimes the guest asks too. I wasn't asked when paying and therefore assumed she wasn't doing it. Someone else said that she started and then was told not to do it and only re-started doing it later on. Maybe she did the first few which included you but by the time I went though it had been stopped and was started again later.

Maybe she didn't like the look of me and wanted to get me done quickly or just really bad luck. Whatever the reason I guess I missed out. Not the end of the world.

Any chance you fellow gold pass holders can help me identify the autographs in my lotr pack?

[media=]http://www.flickr.com/photos/cedwardson/sets/72157630668969798/[/media]

Apart from John Rees Davies I'm unfamiliar with the other pictures I received, I could do some research on some but for the majority not part of lotr I wouldnt know where to start so any help would be appreciated.

In particular the three headed monster, the priest and group of young males.

Thanks for your help.

Colin

OK, here goes.

1. Belinda McLory, aka Switch from The Matrix

2. Sala Baker, aka Sauron from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (he played an Uruk in The Two Towers as well)

3. Er, no idea.

4. Paul Norell, aka King of the Dead in Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

5. Leonard Roberts. Not sure which show this is, but I'm guessing it's a pic of him as Forrest from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, judging by the combat gear, but I'm struggling to place the set. (Bad fan! Bad!) Although he is also known for being Niki's husband D.L. from Heroes.

6. Some werewolf from Twilight: Eclipse, I think. Don't ask me which one - I fast-forwarded through most of that when I watched it on Sky because I thought it was rubbish. :P

7. Think I should know who this is, but I don't.

8. I've definitely seen this and am guessing this three-headed alien is one of the 456 from the Torchwood: Children of Earth storyline. The only credited actor who played the alien is Simon Poland (the voice), but whether that's your autograph-writer or not is beyond me.

9. Bruce Hopkins, aka Gamling from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers/The Return of the King

Hope that helps. ;)

3. This is Sean Francis from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

7. This is Adetokumboh M'Cormack from Lost.

8. This is indeed Simon Poland from Torchwood Children of Earth (met him at one of The Hubs).

Edited by reddragon

Brilliant thank you so much, thats been a great help from you both.

I'll do some research now I know number 6 is from twilight, dont supposeeither of you have simon polands autograph and can verify as it looks very much like the signature has two letter i in it?