List NEW idea's that could improve the show.

• Moderators

Only have panel talks rather than just one guest in talks

What if there was only one guest from something? Or they didn't want to do one with someone else? Do we just miss out completely?

Only have panel talks rather than just one guest in talks

What if there was only one guest from something? Or they didn't want to do one with someone else? Do we just miss out completely?

It doesn't really matter either way for me, after this year i doubt i'll ever attend a talk again, unless it a panel

Virtual tickets. handing out one VT per person isn't good enough, when most people go in they all have tasks to do eg 1 person gets the photo shoot tickets, one takes bags to the cloak room while the other gets VTs. U can still only get 5 autos per person so why can u only have one VT per person.
Because otherwise some enterprising folk will get in early, get 5 VTs for each of the big guests, then flog them off for a quid or two (or even more) to all the late arrivals. Or one person goes in early and gets low number VTs for all his mates, while they all have a lie-in, wander up at 11 and get cheap entry and still get to go in straight away to the big guest queus. Not only does it deprive the show of money, it also distorts the calling of VT tickets, if say half of the first 100 aren't going to get used before 11am.

That happens anyway. If I'm queuing early for VT for one guest and my friends want other guest VTs I have no interest in, of course I'm going to pick up a ticket.

Besides I'm not aware getting more than 1 ticket per guest is wrong, just you can only get one at a time, then have to queue up again.

Of course there's nothing to stop Gold getting VTs and flogging them on.

In reply to the writer of the Gold Pass question and idea.

Any big event we have went for the gold Pass or VIP pass, and they have an area blocked off away from the eyes of the General public, where we can relax and have a soft drink and something to eat ( I dont mean a sit down meal) a snack or sweets and you can come and go as you like.

We may look at this for 2013 if SM improve this.

Better signage if a guest is allowing personalisation or not. Am gutted I missed out on Gillian Anderson personalising my auto. I asked but wasn't sure if she heard me and didn't want to pressure her or embarass her so didn't push the issue as I'm so used to the PA asking if we want it done and then ensuring it is mentioned (didn't happen here so thought it may have been a no-no). Some kind of sign saying allowed or not allowed would be perfect and make things easier for all! If an auto was £20 or £25, I'd be tempted to pay again just for my name (no sig) if they ever get her back but not at £45!

Forgot to mention make less Gold Tickets available too! I was almost tempted to buy one given the number of talks I would have liked to have attended and to be assured of my autos and getting my photos done earlier but am REALLY glad I didn't spend that money now. I would have been beyond annoyed if I had spent a lot of money on one only to find I was in row 5 or 6 for the talks if other committments meant I couldn't have queued up at least some 15 or 20 minutes beforehand. Surely one of the benefits of getting a gold pass is to be assured of a good seat for the talks and being able to just walk into them? Previous Showmaster events I have been to have usually had just the first two or three (maybe four on a few occasions) reserved. Believe me, if you like taking photos as I do, those 2 or 3+ rows extra can make a LOT of difference. Will not ever consider a gold pass again if so many are going to be sold. It loses a lot of its sparkle and usefulness for me. Hopefully though, this whole business of charging for so many talks will cease (have complained about the dreadful sound quality at various venues over the years). For the few talks I ended up paying for, I got seats in Rows 8-9 despite having tickets in the top 15 (when they did acually decide to call by ticket number, which was not always the case despite being told differently) and queueing for between 45-60 minutes on all occasions. Not impressed but that's for another area ;)