Photograph over-exposure?!

I would like to find out, if for my Gates McFadden and Alex Winter photoshoots, if I provide the filenames and scans of the images, if it would be possible (if they've not been deleted) to obtain the original electronic photographs? The Alex one is worse than the Gates one but they're just too bright and I have to be honest, I was very disappointed with them having paid £20 and £15 respectively. My friend who had Gates done on Saturday got a much better shot. I don't wish to be critical, just simply find out if it is possible to obtain these images at all if they're still on the camera cards. I'm happy to provide scans of them both if necessary should it be possible.

Thanks.

Edited by SilvaNemesis

I thought we could buyor £6 each now?

We can?! To be honest I be-grudge that anyway when I have a less than satisfactory photo that I've paid £15-20 for already. If the photo had been okay, if it were possible to pay for the digital copies, I would have been happy to do that. As it is, I'm hoping the digital copy that SM have will be better than the print I have and that I can obtain it to get it re-printed myself. As for buying electronic copies, I don't know anything about that... but if it's possible some more info would be great.

Wouldn't the Copies also be over exposed though ?

Depends if it's an error at the camera end or the printing end. But even with an overexposed digital file you can do some correction in software to make it a lot better.

There's some thought that it was because the ambient lighting kept changing in the main hall as the sun came in and out of cloud because of the glass roof etc. Test shots could look fine and then the photographer hasn't noticed or compensated for it getting brighter in the room. So the balance between ambient and flash would change resulting in an over exposed picture. Should have been obvious even looking on the camera though if that was the problem.

Not something that would affect photos at Milton Keynes or even Earls Court as the photo areas are either in closed rooms or in areas with constant ambient lighting.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Well on my Alex one, we're both glowing and on the Gates one, her white top is just this overly bright white shape, you can't see any texture or shape in it and her face looks very bright too.

Can you post a picture to see how bad they look???

My friend also had a shoot with Alex and his too was, as you say, glowing...

complain,i did,i showed them to Malcolm and he agreed they were very poor,i am getting a replacment of my Alex Winter sent out to me once it has been corrected,so e.mail them and let them know you are not happy.

complain,i did,i showed them to Malcolm and he agreed they were very poor,i am getting a replacment of my Alex Winter sent out to me once it has been corrected,so e.mail them and let them know you are not happy.

Can you post it on here so that I can compare my Nick Lea to it?

My Nick Lea is pretty bad too. Did u have it taken on Saturday?

Nick's face looks like he has a torch for a face. I've seen other peoples and maybe it was just a mistake during printing. Would I be eligible for a reprint?

Edited by sam1974

Nick's face looks like he has a torch for a face. I've seen other peoples and maybe it was just a mistake during printing. Would I be eligible for a reprint?

Thats what mine looks like. Yes I had mine on Saturday. I'm not sure how to go around asking for a reprint. I did ask on the day but the crew member was quite rude to me about it.

Thats what mine looks like. Yes I had mine on Saturday. I'm not sure how to go around asking for a reprint. I did ask on the day but the crew member was quite rude to me about it.

Did you ask to speak to a Pit Boss? If that happens again (fingers crossed it won't) please speak to a Pit Boss. The crew member should have directed you to them. I apologize if it didn't happen in that case.

E-Mail and ask. This is a decision the office has to make, sorry.

Queen_Sindel - who do I e-mail exactly? All I can do is send them copies of the photos, there are no filenames on the back of the Gates and Alex - my Nick one isn't too bad, but Holly is rather bright too as I'm looking at it.

Wouldn't the Copies also be over exposed though ?

Depends if it's an error at the camera end or the printing end. But even with an overexposed digital file you can do some correction in software to make it a lot better.

There's some thought that it was because the ambient lighting kept changing in the main hall as the sun came in and out of cloud because of the glass roof etc. Test shots could look fine and then the photographer hasn't noticed or compensated for it getting brighter in the room. So the balance between ambient and flash would change resulting in an over exposed picture. Should have been obvious even looking on the camera though if that was the problem.

Not something that would affect photos at Milton Keynes or even Earls Court as the photo areas are either in closed rooms or in areas with constant ambient lighting.

Someone in the feedback thread asked why the shoots couldn't be moved into the centre where there was more air, instead of the warmer sides. My guess is because the light in the centre could change at a minute's notice, and so the photographer would take longer to check each photo and correct light settings. That would slow the shoots down.

Okay so 'bad' is open to interpretation - so I've posted four of my not so good pics, I had 2 shots with Gates they're both very poor - of which I've just posted the one, I've not bothered with the second because it's just the same. Alex is just crazy bad! I'm most unhappy overall with those two, but I've posted my Holly and Nick and then other people can see what they think. My face looks very bright on the Holly one. The Nick one may be okay... you can decide for yourself....

Gates.jpg

Gates is aglow!

Alex.jpg

This one looks like we're under some kind of interrogation lamp, it's way too bright, it looks worse in person.

Nick.jpg

For the person asking above, here is my Nick Lea one (this is from Sunday), it's nowhere near as bad as the other two.

Holly.jpg

Again this isn't as bad as Gates and Alex but we're still a little glowy here.

Just to re-iterate - I have posted Holly and Nick mainly because they were mentioned above. It is Gates and Alex I am strongly unsatisfied with.

Edited by SilvaNemesis

Did you ask to speak to a Pit Boss? If that happens again (fingers crossed it won't) please speak to a Pit Boss. The crew member should have directed you to them. I apologize if it didn't happen in that case.

E-Mail and ask. This is a decision the office has to make, sorry.

No worries. Will scan the picture tomorrow and email the office. Thanks for the help x

My Alex Winter picture is just as bad, VERY disappointed with the standard and simply not worth the £15 paid. One of two things have happened: either the professional camera did a bad job so a refund should be offered or the printing was bad so a digital copy should be offered.

• Like 1