Positive Thread

I had moan elsewhere but even so my minor issues were rectified or worked out for me. Just noted them on here so Showmasters would know and could used to improve things, in other words, some constructive criticisms!

Anyway, I had a blast! Meeting Brian and Holly was the highlight for me! I already plan to come back next year but will bring my daughter as well cos I personally think she will love it!

How did your son get on I know from your other posts he's autisctic hope he had a fun day.

I've already put my happy guest/crew experiences elsewhere, so will use this post to mention... all the non-guest-y people I met! Having been a few times now, one does get to recognize certain faces, while in turn, certain people will recognize me (or will have met me before from random encounters at previous cons), so got to speak to several attendees or crewmembers I'd met before, and of course get to meet several new ones while queuing, so that was lovely too. I remember feeling quite lost and lonely when I started attending events many years ago, not knowing a single person (not to mention less confident about striking up a conversation to people I didn't know), so it really does make a difference to be able to natter away to other people there, whether I've met them before or not. Just enhances the whole experience, you know? And I had my lovely friend Firecracker with me (even if I was so busy I didn't get to hang out with her until later in the afternoons!), which was even better. So if you talked to me over the weekend, hello! It was fun. :D

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

I got chatting to a lot of people in queues this weekend, I never got anyone's name but if I spoke to you, hello :) It's such a great way to meet people, I know people who know me may be shocked by this, but I'm actually quite shy inside, but going to an event and knowing that everyone's there for the same reasons, it makes it much easier for me to be outgoing.

This was my first LFCC in four years. i thought the venue was great and loved the wider aisles between stalls than you usually find, made everything much more relaxed and less claustrophobic. all the guests i met were wonderful and happy to chat for a couple of minutes, no one made me feel rushed.

Sincere thanks to all the crew, without exception everyone i spoke to was polite and helpful no matter how stressed they probably were at times.

My favourite guest moment was with Hallie Todd. I told her how much I love Lal, because my autism sometimes makes it hard for me to relate to others too and Lal reminds me of myself. She told me that people telling her things like that is why she acts, and then she stepped out from behind her table and asked me if I wanted a picture with her, and then she gave me a big hug :) And she personalised my photo with 'thank you for loving Lal' :) I'm going to frame that one and put it on my wall!

I also loved how Freema Agyeman got a serious case of the giggles over my Tardis dress at the photoshoot, even if it meant we both look rather strange in the resulting photo. And then when I had it signed, she asked me how my flashing Tardis light hat worked, and I had to take it off and show her :) That was awesome, too.

Plus lots of people telling me they loved my cosplay -- that's what makes all the effort worthwhile!

I got chatting to a lot of people in queues this weekend, I never got anyone's name but if I spoke to you, hello :) It's such a great way to meet people, I know people who know me may be shocked by this, but I'm actually quite shy inside, but going to an event and knowing that everyone's there for the same reasons, it makes it much easier for me to be outgoing.

I recognise you! Sunday afternoon, I spotted your photo I think of Anthony Stewrt Head, and handed it to you. I think by that point many of us were trying to scan the crowd for people whose photos were back... I found the guy with the Jayne hat as I walked away with my ASH photo, so I directed him to the tables to get his photo.

Next time I'll stop you and say hi :thumbup:

I also loved how Freema Agyeman got a serious case of the giggles over my Tardis dress at the photoshoot, even if it meant we both look rather strange in the resulting photo. And then when I had it signed, she asked me how my flashing Tardis light hat worked, and I had to take it off and show her :) That was awesome, too.

Plus lots of people telling me they loved my cosplay -- that's what makes all the effort worthwhile!

That was the ballgown-style dress, yes? If so, I saw you in either John or Freema's queue - great job. :D

I gave feedback (hopefully not a moan - it was certainly intended to be constructive!) in the other thread - and if I've done that it's partly the need to vent, but also frustration at knowing how good things COULD be, and hoping that highlighting issues and suggesting solutions will lead to the good we know is possible.

And as I said, Sunday was a WHOLE different kettle of fish! It showed how good the event can be.

Positives for me - guest huggage, personalised autographs from Robert Maschio and Anthony Stewart Head, some nice chats to other con visitors. Hope everyone left with as big a smile on their face as I did that day :wub:

That was the ballgown-style dress, yes? If so, I saw you in either John or Freema's queue - great job. :D

No, the 1950's one with the flashing hat ;) I saw the ballgown one too, but I was in a different queue from her every time, so never managed to get a pic with her... Would've loved to, that dress rocked!

Edited by Berber Anna

Berber Anna, you look different in your avatar but I'm assuming it was you - there can't have been that many 50s style TARDIS dresses with amazing flashy hats - but I spotted you at the end of the day and LOVED your outfit, it was an amazing costume and you looked gorgeous! :D

• Like 1

For a first timer can I just say a massive thank you to all the team who worked on the Sunday for putting up with so many of my newbie questions. I had such an amazing time! I loved the venue it was light, airy and easy to maneuver through. I loved how the que monitors kept asking and checking that everybody was happy and ok whilst doing their jobs, also entertaining us with the odd joke or funny coment to keep the good vibes going when the ques were long. In particular I would like to thank the fella looking after the Adam/Jewel photo que for getting me in the right spot when whilst faffing about I missed my ticket number group being called. As a newbie I was so nervous about not being in the right place at the right time but everyone I spoke to in blue ensured I made it to all my photo shoots.

I have learnt alot and now am looking forward to attending the next LFCC!

I recognise you! Sunday afternoon, I spotted your photo I think of Anthony Stewrt Head, and handed it to you. I think by that point many of us were trying to scan the crowd for people whose photos were back... I found the guy with the Jayne hat as I walked away with my ASH photo, so I directed him to the tables to get his photo.

Next time I'll stop you and say hi :thumbup:

I'm afraid that wasn't me, I didnt have a photo with Tony this time :(

No, the 1950's one with the flashing hat ;) I saw the ballgown one too, but I was in a different queue from her every time, so never managed to get a pic with her... Would've loved to, that dress rocked!

Ooops! I did wonder whether I'd got the right person, as the hat was not flashing on the other costume, of course, although I figured it might have been switched off or something. Sounds like a great outfit anyway - I'll look out for it in the photo thread(s).

To stay on topic, that reminds me of another positive thing - all the cosplayers! Always great to see the effort put in. :smile:

I loved the idea of the masseurs being there, thought about it but didn't wanna ask them how much they were charging and then I kinda got distracted, haha.

They didn't have a fixed price from what I caught. I think I saw a sign saying something to the extent of "pay whatever you feel is appropriate."

I had a blast even though it was the most tiring event I have crewed. I only got two photo shoots and an autograph. I could have spent a years wages there easily if I had been an attendee. Thanks for starting the thread, Talie. It's kind of restored my faith. After reading all the negativity, I thought "Damn, I could have been at the British Grand Prix instead."

For me, the highlight was my fan girl moment when I approached Karl Urban at the photo shoot and I looked into those lovely brown eyes and he said "hi, how are ya?" *Swoon.* My other highlight was unseen by the attendees when I tripped over the photoshoot backdrop when Magnus took off his T-shirt and he told me not to get too excited. Had that been a sitcom, it would have been sheer comedy genius.

Most attendees I spoke to were having a good time.

Positiv things I have? sure. A lot. It was a great time. good that I've been this year during all 3 days (the first two Convention always only saturday).

Very easy it had been friday evening and could meet two of my favorite with enough time: Brian Krause & Holly Marie Combs...

Saturday... ok... there was bit crazy... many people was coming to meet Gillian Anderson, jeri ryan and Karl Urban.... the lines had been llllllllllllllllloooooong... to bad Anderson and Ryan had been there only for one day. So they've been overrunned a bit... and the waiting lines came a bit like marathon and crazy... but the most time... the people had been relaxed and friendly...

specially the CREW had been all the time very friendly and tried to sort out and help to everbody!!! Only saturday morning on the Entrance was very bad organized. I came almost late in to the photo shooting with Holly Marie Combs...

SUNDAY was great. Thanks guyz!!!!

• Like 1

We dealt with an insane number of attendees at the sales Desk on Saturday, but you were so patient and friendly with us, it really made our job easier :D especially as we had new crew on the desk too.

(we grabbed people out of the queue to get them to photoshoots on time etc too, but I do apologise if we missed anyone)

• Like 1

I'm convinced that the overwhelming majority of people both enjoyed their day and appreciated the guests they got to meet. If I didn't enjoy meeting so many people I certainly wouldn't keep coming back to crew the events, but if I wasn't crew I would be an attendee and I have been to events run by other firms(who shall remain nameless) that were so badly run the guest even walked out halfway though...so to my fellow blue-shirts....you rock, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a whale of a time both days. I found the crew on hand to be helpful and friendly, and in the case of the gentleman dealing with Freema Agyeman's autograph queue, very entertaining and witty. I know how much effort these things take to organise, and how very polite and controlled the crew have to be - sometimes despite being treated appallingly, and not always being appreciated as much as they should. So bravo, and thank you!!