Positive Thread

Right guys, lol, as a crew member coming online and seeing this much negativity is very very disheartening especially as I know how hard crew work and the organisers work to try and get things running the best for the attendees.... SO it is as a request to make me smile :P where we have a happy positive thread :D

Who was your fave guest? Best personalisations? funniest moments, best pics? etc..etc...

Edited by Talie
  • Like 5

All day was great :D and I too- disliking the negitivty! Making me nervous for EMS in the winter O_O though its a bit pants really- people twice my age who should have twice the patience than i do, complain about long queues.....I mean where is the logic int hat?

After a disastrous start to the day I had a great day

Highlight 1 meeting Craig Parker chatted to him for ages about Spartacus and legend of the seeker amazing guest hope he comes back.

Highlight 2 the tna wrestlers Magnus and mickie James such lovely people Magnus was amazed I got out my wheelchair and Walked to see him he spent time a lot of time with me and mickie commended me on my paitience for waiting for her que to end before I walked over to her she said would of come to earlier. They were great during the photoshoot I even got an extra photo with her and Magnus together. Love to see them again.

Highlight 3 was bit of a shock as I saw tiny( big muscles wearing combat gear and a bandana) an British actor wandering around who not many con attendees would know who he was. He was shocked someone knew who he was and new a mutual friend a singer called ny.

Have so many highlights but last one was meeting and chatting and laughing with Hayden penettierre(I know I've probably spelt it wrong) 4 years of waiting came to an end.

The crew were fantastic as always made my day a lot easier

The day on the whole was superb... As most of the people in the other forums say, the only negative part was the photo fiasco...

Me and the other half thought it was one of the best events that SM have put on....

Obviously there are things that didn't run as smoothly as Showmasters or us attendees would have liked. But that won't let it change the fact that I just had one of the most awesome weekends of my life! If I could have a 3 day groundhog day moment, then I'd choose those just gone.

Unfortunately there were issues which shouldn't be issues by now after all the events that have been run but those are discussed elsewhere.

Overall I had a blast once again, made even better as I now know a lot more people and got to hang out with them rather than just wander on my own. All 20 of the guests I met were amazing, some surprisingly so such as Karl Urban, Jeri Ryan and Gillian Anderson as I wasn't expecting the greatest experience meeting them (the usual rush through with no personalising or time to say anything) but they were great. Karl was really engaging and taking time with everyone, personalising and really won me over. Had time to ask him a couple of things and got great answers back. Jeri was simply as lovely as I'd hoped (although I didn't get a personalisation as I met her first thing and they only started doing that later in the day it seems :thumbdown: ) and Gillian was so welcoming, personalising as well and although not the longest encounter I really feel I've met her.

Haven't gone through all my autos to see what dedications I got but one of the best has got to be from Jewel Staite who I met on friday and wrote "Hell with this....I'm gonna LIVE!" on the Serenity poster I had. Awesome.

the guys in the queues on both days, who i didnt know before the con and had a great laugh, meeting craig parker he was so lovely, the blonde girl in the queue who i didnt know craig thought we were together, she waited for me after my signing and we went fan girl together lol. nicholas lea he was really nice.karl urban who said if i came back with the doom photo for him to sign he would sign something special (i cant help it lol he looked so hot in that pic). the crew were great really friendly.

meeting john sim, bernard cribbins (at last) the cosplayers , the guys from being human and primeval, the friendliness of fellow conventioners, apart from ths pushing sat morning i had a fantastic time

This my first ever con and I had a good time, still a bit blown away by some of the actors I met and watched in the talks.

Talking to random people in queues was great too as I don't really get chance to meet like minded folks when I'm back home.

People asking for photos when I was in costume was surprising but enjoyable too :D

Right guys, lol, as a crew member coming online and seeing this much negativity is very very disheartening especially as I know how hard crew work and the organisers work to try and get things running the best for the attendees.... SO it is as a request to make me smile :P where we have a happy positive thread :D

Who was your fave guest? Best personalisations? funniest moments, best pics? etc..etc...

There's some lovely posts in the Outstanding Crew Members Thread...:)

Best moment of the day - Charles Dance, Photo Op...kissing my head and wishing me Happy Birthday....the man's a total flirt!!!...LOVED him!... :wub:

Can't wait to see the photo op when it's posted to me...:D

I have to say, on the queue 'problems' it's nothing a smile and a chatty, happy "hi is my number up yet" can't solve, then when you're in, you don't have to wait THAT long! The nice man on the charles dance queue and the woman on rose leslies queue must have got fed up with me coming back and asking if it was my time yet, but they were LOVELY!!

I'm a happy go lucky type of person so don't allow negatives to get to me - always seek a positive in everything.

I enjoyed the whole weekend. All the guests who I had met were terrific.

Positives about queueing - That's what conventions are all about :D besides, great opportunity to chat to the person infront and behind me

Positives about talks and sound - Happy to be in the same room as the guests. Preferred Talk Area B because of its intimacy.

Positives about photos - my face just makes them ugly :D

Positives about photo collection - just wait it out, collection is a marathon not a sprint. They will still be there at 16:00, 17:00, 18:00. As for the people who stand and wait...they make me laugh.

Positives about crews - extremely helpful. Felt sorry for the crew member in photo area B on Saturday having to explain the queuing process to attendees who's first language isn't English.

Edited by Not_Pennys_Ship

You won't see any negativity coming from me. This con for me I endearingly have called "London Gillian Anderson Film and Comic Con 2012" as it was all about GA for me. Maybe its because I'm easily pleased (as my Girlfriend would say) all I was worried about from February until the early hours of Saturday was seeing the thread title "Guest Cancellation Gillian Anderson" pop up. My main reason for coming to this event was to meet Gillian and have her sign my X-Files pieces.

I honestly cannot thing of anything negative to say, and any issue I do have I have put into my feedback or the appropriate thread. I was more than happy with how Saturday went, everything went swimmingly, all the Guests I met were nice, and the Friends I've made BECAUSE of Showmasters events were fab to meet up with.

My Favourite Guest: Gillian Anderson (obviously :) )

Best Personalisation: Gillian Anderson (I was surprised she was personalising and for me this made it great)

Funniest moment: When I asked Mitch Pileggi during the X-Files Talk on Saturday what it was like to be reunited with Gillian Anderson and his reply about asking "Gilly" to call him "Sir" was classic.

My Best Pics:

GillianDanaScullyAndersonandIimg012.jpg

And after I came out of meeting Gillian Anderson to get my X-Files Goodies signed:

IMG_9763.jpg

P.S. MANY THANKS to Catweazle for taking "The most expensive photo I've taken." it was great to meet you ;)

Edited by KingRichard76

Meeting Adam Baldwin was great, he was pretty friendly even with delays and having to rush through all the photos. There were also plenty of nice people in the queue to talk to.

Also, most of the staff I actually spoke to were very polite and did the best they could with what they knew. The only problems were to them not knowing some things, and I fully understand that knowing absolutely everything (especially when stuff changes) isn't always possible.

There were also some great costumes - I saw a great Zelda and Pit; a few good Jokers, Batmans and Harley Quinns; the Mandalorians looked great, a Jack Sparrow who looked a lot like Johnny Depp (we was at last year's), a Doc 10 who also looked a lot like Tennant and plenty of others.

Was that Dalek controlled or was someone inside it? Either way, it looked fantastic.

Positives about photo collection - just wait it out, collection is a marathon not a sprint. They will still be there at 16:00, 17:00, 18:00. As for the people who stand and wait...they make me laugh.

Some people come from outside London (I came from Manchester) and need to leave the place before the end of the day.

omg negative about what?!?! I had an amazing day!! met Gillian Anderson, Hayden Panettiere, Jeri Ryan and Chris Judge. All were just lovely! When we got our autograph off Hayden the poor girl looked exhausted! She had plasters on her fingers! So i asked for a cheeky hug (to make her feel better of course :) ) and she did cuz she needed one i think lol!

I got an autograph off Chris Judge for my best mate cuz shes ill in bed n he put get better soon on it. Its gonna make her whole year lol!

And even though meeting Gillian was a little rushed it was all good she was lovely and made our day! SO sureal to just come to love these characters on tv then you meet em in the flesh its like uve jumped into the tele lol!

I have no negatives it was all good, all organised well so WELL DONE SHOWMASTERS!!! Roll on next year!

OH OH and also... this was so by accident i SWEAR to you.... as i had my pic with Gillian Anderson as i walked off i accidently toucked her ass... i was SO embarrased I ran off. Which prob made me look more guilty but it was an accident i felt like a bit of a perv LOL

Was a good day lol!

• Moderators

I'm just genuinely happy to have seen so many happy faces over the weekend, especially for Gillian. I know what it's like to wait so long to meet someone, and to see people travel from all over the world for her .. well, it's just amazing to be a part of something that can bring so many people together.

Seeing photos like Richards above makes all the efforts by the crew and people behind the scenes etc, all the way down to us answering questions on here .. well it makes all of it worth it.

• Like 3

OH OH and also... this was so by accident i SWEAR to you.... as i had my pic with Gillian Anderson as i walked off i accidently toucked her ass... i was SO embarrased I ran off. Which prob made me look more guilty but it was an accident i felt like a bit of a perv LOL

I got an extra long hug from Gillian in the photoshoot. Walked in, put arm round her ready to pose just as Malcolm decided to pause for a quick drink. She turned to me and said I was lucky I was getting a long hug from her :) I said I certainly wasn't complaining :)

Never would have dreamed to have been able to meet her all those years ago watching the show, same for most of the actors I've met at these things over the years.

I had a fantastic weekend here. This was my first convention, so I had no idea what to expect, but I will definitely be coming again! The guests I met were all lovely, the ones that stand out for me are Gates McFadden, Holly Marie Combes and Christopher Judge. They made me beam like a Cheshire cat, they were so happy and willing to talk. Also Sean Schemmel, I didn't really know of him well, but got his autograph for my son who is a big fan of Pokemon and Dragonball Z and also attended his talk which was really interesting. As for the queues, well I really enjoyed getting to actually talk to people while I was waiting, sharing the excitement while we were waiting. Robert Rankin was an awesome meet as well, he is a fantastic individual! So from me it's a big "thank you" for a wonderful and exhausting weekend. :)

I had moan elsewhere but even so my minor issues were rectified or worked out for me. Just noted them on here so Showmasters would know and could used to improve things, in other words, some constructive criticisms!

Anyway, I had a blast! Meeting Brian and Holly was the highlight for me! I already plan to come back next year but will bring my daughter as well cos I personally think she will love it!

• Moderators

I had moan elsewhere but even so my minor issues were rectified or worked out for me. Just noted them on here so Showmasters would know and could used to improve things, in other words, some constructive criticisms!

And that's the best thing to do. Genuine problems and suggestions for improvements etc are what have made the events as big as they are today, as things have changed over the years due to feedback :)

And that's the best thing to do. Genuine problems and suggestions for improvements etc are what have made the events as big as they are today, as things have changed over the years due to feedback :)

I think some of the moans are just moans for the sake of it though!

Ok, positives:

Layout - Loved that the signing area was completely separate from the rest and there was that gap in the middle which made a nice meeting point. This is probably due to having a bit more room.

Balcony - Being able to go and 'get away from it all' without straying from the building was pretty good.

A fairly silly one but the highlight of my day was meeting a small press comic artist I like, he had paid for his own table so not a 'guest' as such but it was great to meet him and get a portrait done :-) Also that whole small press section near the comic zone was very good! Even though they have to pay to be there it was nice to see them represented and given a whole area :)

Also enjoyed being hi-5'd by The Todd on his way out from the talk. Glad it was a free one :-)

I thought I'd add my own stuff purely because I actually felt like a big kid at the event lol, meeting holly, Anthony head, brian and especially sarbooooooooo lol was literally like stepping foot into my childhood, I rarely get flustered with actors, ever, but tiny wee Holly got me haha I wanted to BE piper when I was younger so that was pretty awesome, kevin is a gentle giant lol and I loved seeing everyone meeting him and being like woah hercules.

• Like 1

I was 99.7 percent Happy but have put those points in other peoples threads.... Ultimately this was a Great Event and although there are a lot of moaners both before and after the event (some of this I put down to Newbies to this sort of thing) but in the end if negatives are not brought up then issues can not be rectified, and Jason is very good at addressing things that are brought up

but to end

:dance::clap::thumbup: LFCC 2012

I loved it all, my pictures, the three guests I met during the day. It was my first convention and I was impressed by it all.

The fact that Thomas reconised me from Friday night was most precious to me. He was so nice and we had quite a chat about angels crest as well. He adored my little gift and found it sooo cute we bought an autograph for the birthday of a friend.

Second was Brian, he amazed me, he was so bright and happy to talk to all fans. He made the biggest effort i my opinion. He hugged me at the table, made a big attempt to say my name in my own native language (He did quite a good job) and during the shoot he gave me the biggest warmest teddy bear hugs i've ever had.

Meeting holly was great as well, loving my gift and well its was just a little girls dream that came true.

My suprise was the holly talk since Brian joined her. He was so funny and I had a blast. His impersonation of piper blowing/freezing stuff up was hilarious.