Gillian Anderson Question

Did anyone ask her about the possiblilty of another X-files film? I ment to but did not get time.

Yes, at the talk. Said she wasn't aware of anything happening with it but I think she'd like to do another if the story was good but had no influence on whether it would ever happen or not.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Thanks for the quick response, shame theres no solid news

There may be stuff going on that she doesn't know about of course, or couldn't admit to knowing but (and I couldn't hear everything that was said all that clearly despite being at the front) I got the impression that she'd be interested in doing another if approached about it.

I was secretly hoping that a new movie would be announced at the talk but in my heart of hearts I know that we have to wait for the bean counters at Fox (who must surely be the Syndicate in disguise???) to come to the obvious conclusion. Maybe some of them will see all the publicity from the events Gillian is doing this year (here and in the US) and that will tip a few to the YES column.

If that doesn't we keep trying and hoping!

As Father Crissman said to Scully - DON'T GIVE UP!

I don't doubt that Gillian is keen to sign on should it ever be greenlit. Sadly, the issue is that there's nothing to report on it thus far... In recent times, Chris Carter has given off the impression that something has been in earlier stages of development (a script, treatment or pitch). But it's a little unknown as to whether it's FOX who are stalling, or whether Chris Carter is opposed to deal negotiations, story, director, producers, etc. The box office figures from IWTB weren't fantastic but FOX knows that there's enough fan interest to promise cinema seats will be filled. More importantly for FOX/Carter is that the story would be chosen carefully this time and in accordance to what fans (and a new audience) would expect from a sci-fi so heavily angled towards alien conspiracy.

Edited by topangacanyon

Lmao... Can I have a hug? X

HAHA! "Please....? Please....? Please....?"

It was both the "Can I have a hug." and the "Please? Please? Please?" part that annoyed the hell out of me.