Outstanding crew members....who were your stars?

Everyone! Especially the lady taking tickets during Gillians afternoon photo shoot, who kept an eye on my 7 year old while I went through and chatted to him throughout the day after that, then came up to talk to him the next day - I think to introduce her friend to him because ' he's such a cool dude' or somethign like that. She remembered his name the next day, which was very sweet - if she's here, Isaac thanks you very much for pointing him to the american sweet stall - he *did* make it today!

To be honest, everyone was really nice - the lady on Freemas photo stall today chatted about the photographs when Isaac couldn't choose, the lady on John Simms desk today wanted to take Isaac home with her, the lady who went to get Jewel staite from the green room for me when I had missed earlier opportunities due to queues elsewhere, the yougn lady on the photo collection stall when my iron throne picture didn't get printed out, the ladies on the organisers booth who were worried for Isaac when he lost his new Nerf gun (later found thanks to a friendly and helpful stall holder too!), the young boy who held his nerf gun when we met Freema and was also on the Gillian photoshoot - we didn't talk much to him but every time we left he ushered us out with a 'it's this way out and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day' or similar and it was just all so NICE - everyone felt like they really *did* want us to have a good day. The nicest feel to an event I've been to in a while - and I've stopped going to a certain other london based event because of the surly and unhelpful attitude of the staff (well that and the rubbish guests hahah) so it really *is* important. I felt like an important customer this weekend so well done showmasters and all of the hardworking staff.

Thanks to the blue shirt handling Robert Maschio - you got a fantastic photo of me with him, on my iPhone (the Hipstamatic, retro photo). It's a quirky app to use and takes too long to explain how to frame a photo to people, but you got it spot on without any instruction.

Hope you had a giggle, he sounds a comic guy!

All the crew we spoke to were amazing over the weekend, however I have to say the crew member that was with Magnus on Saturday was amazing totally friendly and even spent time talking to my niece when we were in the queue and let her stand by the table while we were waiting, thank you as it made the queing with my niece alot easier

All of the crew were brilliant!!

oh right :D why was i fab?!

For putting up with us lot, being on you feet till god knows when and having to do it all again the next day, bless you all :clap:

haha aw thanks

I'll mention Too.Tall Stuart as he always helps me if I need it. Michelle who I always manage to have a brief chat to at any event. The lovely girl that took money for Adam Baldwin on Saturday and I think I saw her sitting with Freema today. Had a quick chat with her and she was really nice. And Yvie is always lovely to chat to

• Like 1

All the crew were delightful and I have nothing but praise for them. And on Sunday I had some absolute saviours. After South West Trains and various London services managed to either delay or cancel nearly every train I'd planned to take, causing me to arrive late and miss two photoshoots despite doing my best to run (well, lurch) from Earl's Court to Olympia's Grand Hall, I was somewhat overheated and out of sorts, but the crews at photo areas A and B were utterly brilliant, arranging pickups for me and making sure I was OK. One guy at area B (I think his name was Pete?) looked out for me whenever I was in that area and went out of his way to catch up with me in the signing area later to see if I was all right and whether I'd had a good day (yes!) - total angel.

The people at the other photoshoot areas were great too, especially when Bernard Cribbins was unexpectedly moved from area C to A, leading us to the new location and swiftly lining us up ready to go in. The baggage handlers in area A were keeping us all entertained with their antics. The guys at the photo tables were excellent too, particularly the ones at the single offset table who patiently and cheerfully leafed through their packs to get me all my outstanding shots from Saturday, and the nice gentleman in the main area (whose name I really should know by now) who called me over to check I'd got all my final shoots OK (and a thank you to those who managed to get all the shots printed and back to the tables before the end of the day, as my final pickup shoot was quite late).

Those were the standouts, but everyone was lovely, despite being under immense pressure at times. I know from chatting to people like Psyclepath and SJ that although there had been problems, the crew had been moving mountains to adapt to everything at times, and much appreciated it was too. Everywhere I went - talks, photo areas, signing desks - I saw cheerful smiling faces. Superb effort.

Edited by CosmicAvatar
  • Like 1

i liked all the crew i had any contact with, the crazy girl at the X file talk was a good laugh, the guy looking after karl urban, the girl looking after nicholas lea and the one looking after craig parker, two tall he knows why lol

Edited by rosie727
  • Like 1

Some of the crew were very lovely, i was always going back and asking 'is it my number' it was a laugh, there were a few who were quite rude, i was just rude back, as some were volunteering they're not scared to loose anything as at the end of the day it's not a job or anything, but i'd say 90% of who i met i was very happy to meet with!

• Moderators

Thought everyone did very well under pressure, especially when some things were going wrong and they tried to get them fixed asap.

I don't expect everything to be perfect and there are things that can go wrong at any event organised by anyone. As long as it's all addressed and a solution is looked for, that's all I can ask.

Yes there were some loud crew but they weren't rude with it. When you have to talk to a huge crowd of people, that's the only way!

As a side note - it was very kind of people to come up and thank me for my help on here and Twitter. It's nice to know a lot of people managed to get what they wanted and our advice mostly worked. It's worth spending our time helping everyone if it means you all have a great time.

My wife my daughter and I had a fantastic time on Friday night and Saturday. Every crew member we came into contact with was helpful and good-humoured. Having worked in a public facing service for 13 years I know how challenging the general public can be, so I take my hat off to all the blue and red shirts - and Too Tall of course - very, very well done guys and girls.

I think the crew were great this year considering the size of the event, even though some of the new guys were a little nervous.

Special thanks as always to Yvie. You are a star. And you made mine and my sister's day with Karl Urban. Thank you!

Not a significant gesture but meant a lot either way, the lady who was taking payment for Ben Browder autos on Saturday and let me take a photo of her to test my camera was on the right settings. In the hands of the attendees taking over-the-table photos this did not make much difference (due to being too close to me and the guest or just not being used to my camera, I imagine - ones I got friends to take were better) but it was still helpful to me :)

Some of the crew were very lovely, i was always going back and asking 'is it my number' it was a laugh, there were a few who were quite rude, i was just rude back, as some were volunteering they're not scared to loose anything as at the end of the day it's not a job or anything, but i'd say 90% of who i met i was very happy to meet with!

Funny u say that as I would be really scared to lose Showmasters lol, I genuinly believe it put me onto the footpath of the career I'm doing now and doing fairly well in, I also met my best friend who's like my wee sister, as well as a close knit bunch of pals I'd probably do anything for, I know a lot of the crew feel the same (not necessarily about me pahah :P ) but we tend to look forward to it as much if not more than the attendees :D much more than a job /gushing lol

• Like 3

I also have to say a huge thanks to the gent with the glasses that organised the queues for Photo Area A on Sunday. At every event, he is always one of the most professional and friendly crew members there is, and he completely sorted out that area on the Sunday, from the opposite on the Saturday, when the guy in charge of 'organising' the queue was the complete opposite. I'm sorry but having someone shouting in your face to stand a centimetre to the left when you've got a headache already isn't fun or nice, despite him trying to make a joke out of it the whole time.

• Like 1

i already posted once on this but i just remembered the girl looking after Karl Urban thank you so so much for reminding him he said he would put something special on the photo if i came back with doom photo, even if he didnt draw himself lol, and an embarrased thanks to the girl in the gillian anderson signing who told me very politely i had came the wrong way and agreed it was Mr Urban's fault lol

Edited by rosie727

Star Of The Day - A lovely kind and friendly lady in the signing area, i do not know her name, but she had a Prince Tattoo on her forearm.

Non-Star of the day - The incredibly rude guy who i eventually got my press pass from.

I also have to say a huge thanks to the gent with the glasses that organised the queues for Photo Area A on Sunday. At every event, he is always one of the most professional and friendly crew members there is, and he completely sorted out that area on the Sunday, from the opposite on the Saturday, when the guy in charge of 'organising' the queue was the complete opposite. I'm sorry but having someone shouting in your face to stand a centimetre to the left when you've got a headache already isn't fun or nice, despite him trying to make a joke out of it the whole time.

Phew! Wasn't me then lol. - I was the 'quieter' of the 2 guys in Photoshoot A Saturday trying my best to anwer questions.

Julie (red shirt) and Barry (loud shouter) - I'm terrible with names so apologies if I've got those wrong - from photo-shoot A on Saturday, for being so helpful and letting me go to the front of the queue without making me feel self-conscious about it (I had an operation on my leg recently and this was the first time I'd been out anywhere on my crutches).