Outstanding crew members....who were your stars?

Hmm don't know their names lol. The guy who did the Karl Urban photoshoot, wouldn't let me q (i am disabled lol), Giles in the photo area after half of my pics have to be redone and sent to me. The woman on Adam Bladwin's auto q on sat afternoon. That was just a nightmare and she did a great job, the gentlemen doing Freema's photo q and finally the gentlemen who did the q for the photo's of Jane Badler and Ben Mansfield. Also the ladies at the information desk.

I was the large lady with walking stick lol

Lea

first i'll apologise for not knowing names but female crew member in red shirt who knows me on sunday who went through my list of photoshoots i'd missed due to car trouble and did her best to get as many guests back as possible saved the day

and

both me and espescially my dad would like to thank the male crew member in red shirt with the glasses on freema photoshoot as i chose to queue without my wheelchair the result was my back suddenly seized up so crew member quickly got me through and got my chair to me. he told me off for queueing lol

all the crew were fantastic so a massive thank you

first i'll apologise for not knowing names but female crew member in red shirt who knows me on sunday who went through my list of photoshoots i'd missed due to car trouble and did her best to get as many guests back as possible saved the day

and

both me and espescially my dad would like to thank the male crew member in red shirt with the glasses on freema photoshoot as i chose to queue without my wheelchair the result was my back suddenly seized up so crew member quickly got me through and got my chair to me. he told me off for queueing lol

all the crew were fantastic so a massive thank you

Think that might've been kev :D

Got to say a big thanks to ALL the crew! Everyone was cheerful and very helpful the whole weekend. I thought the crew who ran the Chris Judge costume photo session did an amazing job with the crowed that gathered around the area. They successfully turned the mass of chaos into an organised queue.

The two guys at the bag collection point in Photo Area A on Sunday were cool to joke with.

Yeah they were really fun!

I would like to say a big thank you for all the crew members. They were all so lovely and very helpful.

Hey so I'd like to say a big thanks to the following -

Kelly on the photo distribution desk. - helped lots of people out with issues, missing pics and was very patient... Managed to get my missing Chris judge photo, so thanks

Also I think it was photoshoot area a, had a hat remembered me from mk so had a bit of a laugh with him

Also the guy doing queue management for the photoshoot...c I think... Loud ...very loud and amazing - had the queues sorted , well run and had no issues - it was for the Amarita shoot area

Then I'd just like to say a big thanks to all the crew on photoshoot areas, I had a few clashes sat and many Sunday and thanks to them all I got too them all, and a potentially rushed / manic stressful day was eased thanks to them all, can't say I had a bad thing to say about any of the crew

My first time doing the vq tickets so if I pissed anyone off I do apologise, also if anyone got upset with me trying to keep the photography to a minimum I do apologise, a couple of people remarked how sarky I was but I do tend to be when I have told you more than twice to can you stop filming and move away! The constant flashes affecting a nearby guest and the need to keep queue area clear were the reasons for this. Also I had a very rude person who upset me and caused a security breach which wasnt pleasant.

The crew I worked with were so sweet and caring, I can't praise my pit bosses enough for being so accomodating.

the crew that really stood out for me was the older guy handling the ques/ questions etc at photo area B - so helpful and friendly and was kind enough that if you had a clashing photo and could prove it - then they would move you near the front.

also the "newbie" guy handling nicholas lea's VT system again very helpful on the saturday.

• Like 1

Some of the crew were very lovely, i was always going back and asking 'is it my number' it was a laugh, there were a few who were quite rude, i was just rude back, as some were volunteering they're not scared to loose anything as at the end of the day it's not a job or anything, but i'd say 90% of who i met i was very happy to meet with!

How is being rude back going to help anything?

Many volunteers I recognise from previous events, so they do this because they like it - not because they're "not afraid to lose anything". Besides, crowd control and organising at big events, even as a volunteer, is something you can mention on a job application as a real skill (trust me).

Regardless, they have given up their weekends to spend long hours on their feet in a hot environment with hundreds of people asking repeated questions or being rude to them - for free. They deserve civility at a bare minimum.

• Like 2

I think this might have been me from Freema's auto queue? Only because I certainly did tell you off! If it was, you are more than welcome, and I'm glad you had a great time :smile:

• Like 1

the crew that really stood out for me was the older guy handling the ques/ questions etc at photo area B - so helpful and friendly and was kind enough that if you had a clashing photo and could prove it - then they would move you near the front.

Again thank you for your comments, and I hope you got all your shoots done ok :)

I look on it as good training for being a gamesmaker - get the feeling that Saturday's photoshoot will be a walk in the park compared to the Olympics!

There were two blueshirts in particular that helped me greatly. One was a short fair haired chap who was around the main photoshoot front desk talking with a blonde haired girl around 10:30am Sunday when I arrived. As this was my first con I must have asked him five or six questions about what was where and he answered all of them. Also the guy looking after the Adam/Jewel photo que for putting me in the right place when I missed my section being called to the que. He was a lovely jolly guy and was constantly checking those in the que were happy and all ok.

Many thanks to you all you helped me to have an amazing time and I can't wait to attend again!

Edited by Tarkadohl

Pretty much all of the crew I came into contact with over the event were brilliant - a few definitely stood out:

Guy running Photo area A was great -always helpful every event I see him

The lady taking payment andd the girl handing out VT's in Karl Urban's auto area who let me go to my PS and come back in was lovely!

The two ladies in Freema's auto area

Everyone was lovely tbh except for one girl, Sunday afternoon sat with Bernard Cribbins. Basically didn't say anything to us and just as we were moving to let others come through she was all "can you move" and rolled her eyes at us, was not impressed as we WERE moving and I don't appreciate someone rolling their eyes at me. Other than that everyone else was amazing.

Edited by SiriuslyBlack