Did I miss some comics guests!?!

Comic guests Dan Abnett, Andy Lanning and Ian Edginton... ...were they there?

I brought along some comics for them to sign but could find no 'sign' of them anywhere!?!

Shame as I would've liked to have met them :(

Darryl.

Abnett and Lanning definitely weren't there. Lanning confirmed it on twitter in the afternoon (

). It was a shame, as we'd been looking forward to their talk.

Not sure about Ian Edginton I'm afraid, he wasn't one any of us were on the lookout for.

There was a no show from Mike Ploog as well :(

Jim Starlin was ace though - sketching and signing for free :-)

I feel that the comic guest element just seems to get brushed aside, so we never really got to know who was coming and when they'd be turning up.

Shame Abnett wasn't there, would like to have met him for some Real Ghostbusters stuff.

Gary Frank was the one I missed out on who was there - by the time I got back to his desk, he had a long queue and was sketching some rather detailed stuff for his patrons and by that time I was bored of queuing :-)

The absence of Dan Abnett was of concern to me, but what I found absolutely incredible is that having spent some time searching the venue for Dan, went to the organisers booth who didnt know and suggested asking the Comic area pitboss. Well he didnt know either, so went back to organisers booth who could only suggest seeking out (by description) the comic guest "agent", who we found and confirmed that Dan was not coming. I dont understand how the organisers did not know that an advertised guest was not coming, where was the organisation in that?

• Like 1

Ahh I just thought I'd missed Dan as I didn't get there till 17:10 on Saturday. Really wanted to have a chat with him about writing, I've not spoken to him in years.

Odd that he didn't turn up. There is nothing on his Twitter about it, so hopefully he's not been ill again.

We went on the hunt for Dan on Saturday, spoke to some of the comics people that knew him and were told he couldn't make it because he wasn't feeling well. Hope he's okay.

As far as I know he suffers from really bad epilepsy. Follow him and his wife on Twitter and they haven't mentioned it, so hopefully he was just a bit under the weather.

Gary was there both days but gone by 4pm on the Saturday.

I honestly think they could do without the comic part because it was badly done this year. They only had some guests signing at certain times.

If it wasn't for the comic guests, I wouldn't have gone this year.

Agreed, the comic aspect is important. Yes it could do with improving, but it must remain, and grow.

Yeah, my friend had two books she was carrying around all weekend to get Dan to sign, we spent quite a while looking around everywhere for him, it wasn't until the next day we found out he hadn't arrived. Hope he's okay.

@CosmicAvatar, we saw Alan Davies, he arrived early afternoon on Saturday, and we saw him again Sunday chatting to someone. :)

Mike Ploog was there. A couple tables up from Jim Starlin.

Jim Starlin signed my A Death in the Family graphic novel 'To Josh' that's not my name, that was the name of the person behind me who wouldn't stop talking to him.

Ooh thats not good

Mike Ploog was there. A couple tables up from Jim Starlin.

Jim Starlin signed my A Death in the Family graphic novel 'To Josh' that's not my name, that was the name of the person behind me who wouldn't stop talking to him.

Ooh thats not good

OUCH! :crying:

Yep. I'll be looking for another copy soon then once thats signed (if someone else brings him back over) I might pass it on to someone.

The picture of it on my Facebook has a big white square over the name :lol:

Edited by megamike79

Lee Bradley was down for all 3 days and when talking to him on the Saturday said he was just going be there the one day till fact he was so busy he decided take a punt and come back for the Sunday as well.

He was absolutely brilliant, had a good chat and a joke with him over the weekend and got a great sketch by him. It was a lovely surprise to se him come back on sunday as he was doing so well (And glad for him he managed to bring more pens to get on with his commissions with!).