Uncollected photos update by Jason on the 9th

• Showmasters Admin

For those with uncollected photos please email us at info@showmastersonline.com with the following information:

• Your name and Address
  • The Name of the Guest the picture was with
  • The day the picture was taken
  • A DETAILED description of yourself - please include as much information as you can. (Hair length & colour, jewellery, tattoos, clothing, distinguishing marks, glasses?? Anything can help)

We will endeavour to get the photos to you as soon possible! =)

update

1 we will be working on getting as many of these out to you asap this week so they should start to arrive at the end of the week

and the beginning of next week

2 no photos have been lost we have them all and they are safe , IF your photo did not come back that day then you need to send a

description as we will need this to fine your image and your address so we can send it to you at no cost to you .

3 if you left the event and did not stay to pick up your photos then it is down to you again to send us a description and your address

but we do charge for any photos that have been printed and were layer out at the show by the end of the day , as we do say we

try to get them back to people with in two hours but it can be as late as the end of the day , if you are unable to stay to the end of

the day we provide a service where we can send them to you but we ask for th upstage and packing to be covered which is £2

4 if we did not produce your photo at the show its is down to us to print this image for you and send this to you at our cost , but we

cannot print your image if you have not given us you description and your address so to help you all get your photos in a timely

manner please send us this info asap and we will get you your images back to you asap

once again we are sorry for the Issues we had printing images for this show , i plan to give a full account of this issues and why they hit us hard on the saturday and i will also explain how we managed to fix them all so that the images on Sunday came back in a timely manner and with only a very few issues .

thank you for understanding us and i just want to say to you all we will not let you down and we will have these with you soon

thank you

jason

Edited by 1of2
  • Like 1

Just looking on your website and reading the small print, this is what showmasters is supposed to adhere to :

"While it is our intention to have all photos developed and back within a couple of hours of the photo shoot ending, if for any reason the photos are delayed then Showmasters will distribute them later in the day." Surely as part of the contract undertaken when buying the ticket, this is binding and excuses like " we've lost a batch" are unacceptable

Just looking on your website and reading the small print, this is what showmasters is supposed to adhere to :

"While it is our intention to have all photos developed and back within a couple of hours of the photo shoot ending, if for any reason the photos are delayed then Showmasters will distribute them later in the day." Surely as part of the contract undertaken when buying the ticket, this is binding and excuses like " we've lost a batch" are unacceptable

So, whilst unacceptable to those who have not had their photos back, isn't this a tad unfair on SM? Mistakes are made, and by all of us at some point. It sucks that this happened and I know someone impacted by it. But quoting smallprint and contracts undertaken is a tad over the top IMO. Let them have a chance to rectify the situation.

Ha! If only but she was still at the con signing! ;-)

Yep still got it lol. Must get my backside in gear and mail it!!

Cool. A space on Mum's fridge awaits...

Which one at the event? Gillian?

True, but I don't think SM have ever had a legal review of all their terms and conditions. Anyway, what may be contractually binding and what may be physically possible are not necessarily the same thing. If somebody dropped a memory card full of images down a drain and it was then washed away smoewhere within the stormwater system (probably into the Thames, based on recent deluges), then you can wave the contract terms around all you like demanding that they produce photos for you, but if the only record of those images is on the Thames riverbed, it ain't going to happen, and they can't magic up copies of the pictures.(Please note, I am not for a moment suggesting anybody has dropped anything down a drain.)

I think the general tenor is that they will issue the photos that day. If by the end of the day the photos haven't arrived back, they will bear the cost of sending them to you. (But if you leave before the show closes for the day, and your photos do arrive back before day's end, the postage cost is your responsibility.)

Which seems reasonably fair to me.

• Like 1

This is mainly for people who were waiting for the last few batches of photos (e.g Adam Baldwin who had a very late shoot etc) the show usually closes at 6 but we stayed open till at least 7 if i remember rightly, if not longer, so we could get all the photos out we could.

Also, if anyone who couldn't collect their photo is coming to the show today, they should be available for you to pick up :D

• Like 1

I had a great day at LFCC, but my only gripe was the photo collection area could of been a tad better organised.

Given the size of the weekends event and the volume of people who took part on photo shoots, the actual area set up for collection was ridiculously small. I arrived to find the tables all full and yet in the center of the collection area where the photos was arriving was piles of sets of photos that was unopened because there was nowhere to display them.

Peoples pics was laid out and if they didn't collect them for any reason then the new ones couldn't be displayed as there was no room.

For future events maybe you could think about having the area two tables thick instead of one table giving twice as much display room.

3 of our pics we had to leave because they was probably in the pile waiting to be put out. I was only attending the one day and asked if there was anyway i could return today (sunday) to collect then but was advised i would have to pay entry again. Whether I have my uncollected photos posted or return to collect then it seems I am having to pay extra to make up for some of LFCC's lack of planning.

This isn't some kind of hater rant either. I am just making a point for you to consider for future events to avoid disappointing allot of guests who have paid good money and then are asked to pay even more for their pictures.

Matt.

So do I have to fill out more info and email this even though I have filled out a slip of paper yesterday?....I'd like an answer to this query quickly so if I do then I won't be waiting even longer for said photo op...:(

The answer is a few posts above your qu:

I take it the uncollected ones from Today will be out tomorrow as I couldn't hang around today...

Yes,mthey will be out.

If you have alreay filled in the form you do not have to domit again.

Is the suggestion for the sender to attach a photo of themselves a helpful suggestion?

I sent a copy of another photo I had taken on the day. That way I'll be wearing the same top, with the same make up and the same hairstyle lol :) purely because I'm not in possession of distinguishing features other than glasses lol

I e-mail showmasters saturday evening regarding an issue with paying the postage for the photoshoot, and still no response.

I know you might have a lot of incoming email, but should i wait or resend ? I don't want to lose my photoshoots :(

There should be no need to resend, I'm sure you're aware that when you sent the email it was still during the event, the staff were obviously all in London and not in the office and it will take a couple of days for them to finish taking down the event so I would suggest you wait for a response rather than sending another email.