Favourite guests?

In terms of people prepared to chat and be genuinely interested, I'd say Kate Bracken and Rose Leslie top, closely followed by John Bradley (though he seems a little uncomfortable he really makes an effort) and Gwendoline Christie. Game of Thrones must be fabulous to work on as all the GoT guests I've met so far have been fantastic and seem to get on together so well.

The only guest that let me down a little yesterday was Gary kurtz,don't know if it was just him but he seemed very moody,reluctant to put his phone down and when I asked if he could sign my dark crystal DVD replied 'did I do this?'

Cheers :/

Everyone else I met (ke huy quan,Martin kove,Alex winter,Michael Winslow and Zach galligan) were immense

Hayden seemed a bit annoyed at something. I was shocked when It was on 380 at ticket number on the VQ and me being at 781 they told me it was open queuing. She didn't speak much but I know she complained about her back to her manager so I guess that's why my experience with her wasn't as good.

Hayden Panettiere was my favourite guest. I was number 581 and was at the event nearly 7 hours before getting her autograph, if she wasn't tired by then she wouldn't be human :lol: . She was still nice enough to talk to me, but I knew before there wasn't going to be time for alot of chit chat. She was very pleasent at the autograph and photo sessions and I hope to see her again.

As for other favourite guests. Jewel Staite was friendly as always and Anthony Head and Adam Baldwin were also likeable as always. Thomas Dekker and Bai Ling were also good to their fans. In other words, I have no complaints about any of the guests I met.

Thomas Dekker was without doubt my favourite guest, really friendly and willing to talk about the now cancelled Secret Circle.

Hayden was great in the talk, but getting her autograph felt like a production line. No personalisations and a quick 'hi' and 'bye'.

It's a toss up between Chris Judge and Rose Leslie.

Chris always had a grin on his face and was always willing to pose for a photo. Was even funny during the photo shoot (on Saturday). The women who was collecting the tickets and was trying to keep the queue close together going "Against the wall squish together" Chris started taking the mick out of her and repeated what she said in a high pitched voice lol

Rose was just lovely, she even remembered my dad from the photo shoot when we went to get her auto. Was also perfectly willing to have a quick chat and pose for a photo as well.

All the guests we met were amazing yesterday, all took time to talk to us and spend time, I have to say we found Magnus great he spent ages talking to our little niece and had a great time telling him all about the Olympic torch she saw on Friday.

I can't choose just one! They all have reasons for why I loved meeting them!

I am more awake now so can answer this properly! I am still going to say most of them!

Firstly, Danielle Harris, Holly Marie Combs and Mickie James for agreeing and willing to have a photo with my 2yr old son! They were all fantastic with him and I came home with a very happy little boy!

Secondly, Brian Krause was so ridiculously nice to me! Came out from behind the table for my photo, chatted with me about Charmed, spoke to my 2yr old and even spoke to me about my kids during my photo op, though he was shocked to hear I had four children!

Next, Robert Maschio was very nice and very funny and remember name when I went to my photo op with him!

Anthony Head is an absolute gentleman, Zack Galligan was very nice too as was Ke Huy Quan and Alex Winter.

Michael Winslow had me in hysterics with the Gremlins voices and Dave Prowse even asked me about my camera and what make it was!

For me - the whole 'meeting a guest' experience is about having a few minutes with each guest. Rushing to meet hayden and her not having time to say hello - i would never class that as 'meeting someone'. I would glady pay more money to have say 5 minutes chating to a person or having a meet and greet with a few other attendees so you have time to ask questions. The whole queue up for ages and have someone scribble their auto and not look up isnt for me and i wont be coming to another event as big as this unless they offered a meet and greet. But thats just my opinion!

If you want 5 minutes with somebody who is so high volume, you're probably taking out at least ten people's stuff getting signed. Ignoring the possibility of people at the end of the day being disappointed, is the "more money" you would "gladly pay" likely to be 8, 10, 12 times the current price?

I suppose theoretically you could have a 20 minute "guest encounter" with the guest and 20 people, who maybe pay 3 times the auto price - but where are you going to have it - you would need a private room, and I suspect that all the small rooms off the main hall are already used for guest green rooms, secure storage etc.

I have a feeling that you'll be disappointed.

Mine had to be Mitch Pileggi. He was so lovely and seemed genuinely pleased to meet everyone. He shook hands with everyone he met, and was really appreciative of everyone being there.

Also Nicolas Lea was lovely. I saw him ask everyone how they were and he was happy to pose for photographs when signing autographs.

Having said that every guest I met this year (including Gillian, Karl and Brian Krause) were all polite, kind and seemed pleased to be there with everyone.

For me - the whole 'meeting a guest' experience is about having a few minutes with each guest. Rushing to meet hayden and her not having time to say hello - i would never class that as 'meeting someone'. I would glady pay more money to have say 5 minutes chating to a person or having a meet and greet with a few other attendees so you have time to ask questions. The whole queue up for ages and have someone scribble their auto and not look up isnt for me and i wont be coming to another event as big as this unless they offered a meet and greet. But thats just my opinion!

If you want 5 minutes with somebody who is so high volume, you're probably taking out at least ten people's stuff getting signed. Ignoring the possibility of people at the end of the day being disappointed, is the "more money" you would "gladly pay" likely to be 8, 10, 12 times the current price?

I suppose theoretically you could have a 20 minute "guest encounter" with the guest and 20 people, who maybe pay 3 times the auto price - but where are you going to have it - you would need a private room, and I suspect that all the small rooms off the main hall are already used for guest green rooms, secure storage etc.

As someone who has only just attended their first convention but has met celebs in other ways, the fact that we were all in a position to meet many guests should of been a good thing. Conventions probably provide more interaction and more time with a celeb than other ways of meeting them. So Hayden didn't give you the acknowledgement you wanted, but sadly that comes with meeting someone who is going to be popular and it is something that comes with meeting someone like her if you had met elsewhere. The conventions are a meet and greet, and in other meet and greets done elsewhere, you would get about the same amount of time as you got when you met Hayden.

It's a toss up between Chris Judge and Rose Leslie.

Chris always had a grin on his face and was always willing to pose for a photo. Was even funny during the photo shoot (on Saturday). The women who was collecting the tickets and was trying to keep the queue close together going "Against the wall squish together" Chris started taking the mick out of her and repeated what she said in a high pitched voice lol

Rose was just lovely, she even remembered my dad from the photo shoot when we went to get her auto. Was also perfectly willing to have a quick chat and pose for a photo as well.

that was me :( hahaha yeah it was quite funny!!

Oh i completely agree that it would be very hard if not impossible to organise and if the guest was someone you desperately wanted to have a conversation with maybe you would pay a lot of money - but then it wouldnt be fair on that person if spmeone else managed to have a quick conversation if the queue was small or non existent - i suppose if you were an autograph collector it wouldnt matter if you didnt get a hi or goodbye as youd have a signed picture whichnis what you came for. And your right how much money and the logistics etc would be difficult to sort out.

As someone who has only just attended their first convention but has met celebs in other ways, the fact that we were all in a position to meet many guests should of been a good thing. Conventions probably provide more interaction and more time with a celeb than other ways of meeting them. So Hayden didn't give you the acknowledgement you wanted, but sadly that comes with meeting someone who is going to be popular and it is something that comes with meeting someone like her if you had met elsewhere. The conventions are a meet and greet, and in other meet and greets done elsewhere, you would get about the same amount of time as you got when you met Hayden.

Yes your right - i met hayden in the photo shoot and she was really nice and said hi to my daughter and we had four photos taken - i just didnt wait in the long queue to get her autograph if she wasnt going to look up as for me it was more about talking to them briefly and i got to do that with lots of other guests! I did have a fab time tho although one day is enough for me :)

I think I would have to say Rose Leslie, although it's difficult to choose as everyone I met yesterday was so lovely.

She was one of the guests I was particularly excited about when announced and definitely didn't disappoint. As guests mounted up that I wanted to meet, I decided against getting an autograph to spread out costs, so had only planned on a photo shoot with her. I did pick up a VQ ticket while I was up that end though in John Bradley's queue and after the shoot with her, in which she was so, so cute (really, she was!), I decided I had to get an autograph after all and set off to see her later in the afternoon.

To my surprise, she remembered me from the photo shoot and greeted me with a cheery "Hello again!", which threw me to begin with. I managed to compose myself though and asked if she was enjoying the day before moving onto discussion about the upcoming filming of season 3. She's very excited to start. I asked for a photo which she was very happy to do (and in fact we ended up taking two), and then just before I headed off she complimented me on my costume and rather gushed a bit over how good it was.

Safe to say when I wandered off I was on cloud nine.

But as I said, everyone I met was very nice. I had a laugh with Anthony Head over if I'd killed anyone yet with my arrows (I told him not yet, but probably would be later on), a chat with Gwendoline Christie about archery and talked to Kate Bracken about how awesome Alex was. John Bradley was lovely as well, as was Hayden Panettiere who I met when I joined my friend while getting her autograph.

• Like 1

Danielle Harris, stunning and really nice

Craig Parker, what a legend.

Karl Urban and Gillian Anderson, only had the photo's with them and you have to be quick. Both were super polite and I even got a comment about my costume from Karl. Will go again

Yes your right - i met hayden in the photo shoot and she was really nice and said hi to my daughter and we had four photos taken - i just didnt wait in the long queue to get her autograph if she wasnt going to look up as for me it was more about talking to them briefly and i got to do that with lots of other guests! I did have a fab time tho although one day is enough for me :)

Sadly there is always going to be a number of guests who won't have time to talk due to the huge number who want to meet them, admittedly she could of looked up and said hi, but I think the people they have around them can really affect what you get from them!

I only went to meet 2 guests, but they were both awesome!

Brian Krause was amazing - so friendly and chatty and got up for a photo with me at the table without me even asking him :) And good lord does the man squeeze you to death! And then later in the photo shoot he remembered me and I got a huge hug :)

Holly Marie Combs was a sweetheart. Rather quiet, but I think she was tired and I didn't get to chat to her much as they were trying to get through as many autographs as they could, but she was very sweet and so beautiful!!

Mickie James, Christopher Judge, Craig Parker...all three were all smiles, very friendly and happy to be there. Jewel Staite was quite busy but had enough time for a brief moment with each person, can't ask for more than that really. Special mention to Craig Parker and Jeremy Bulloch (as always) for coming out from behind the desk and interacting with the fans...both stars were happy to pose for photos and it really adds a lot of fun to what can be a long hard day rushing round the show.

Thanks to all of you for actually giving us the experience we hope for, rather than a disappointing memory of a bored guest screwing round on their phone.