Favourite guests?

mine were Craig Parker, Rose Leslie and Mickie James, if you met them yourself then you can understand why, the three of them were very friendly and chatty, and a pleasure to meet,

Edited by SpaceAce

Based so far on Friday and Saturday, I can't pick out a single fave but a few highlights would be Jewel who was delightful as ever and wrote a great comment on my Serenity poster, Chris Judge who just seems to have a big grin on his face all the time, Adam Baldwin was throughly warm and engaging, Charles Dance who was a real gent, Gillian was amazingly really friendly too, Jeri was gorgeous and has an amazing smile, Rose was such a delight I even went and got a photoshoot ticket after meeting her, so enthusiastic about what she'd done on GoT.

Nothing against any of the others I've met so far, everyone has been really nice but those stand out.

1.Craig Parker was amazing please get him back at any time would love to meet him again

2.Adam Baldwin what can i say legend he was top bloke bring him back i say

3,Karl Urban again top class bloke just wish i could afford his photo shoot really nice bloke

4.Gilian Anderson absoloutly amazing women i am still in shock that i have met her :smile:

5.Janet Fielding so lovely very fan friendly she even remembered my name when i saw her in the photo room

Edited by Starbug

Need I say more than BEN BROWDER!!!!

He is one of the nicest people I have ever met and I'm always happy to see him at any event (hint ;) )

Also Robert Maschio was so lovely and I got to high five The Todd!!! :D

Hayden was rather shall we say unacknowloging which was disappointing but the other two made up for that many times over :)

I thought Adam Baldwin was great! He happily talked to me for quite a while about working with Kubrick and what he thinks of the state of the modern film industry. He was also happy to hear I was there for my birthday. Sadly next to him was Jewel Staite, I'd met her before and she was lovely but today she just seemed completely put out. It was about 10am, so still early I guess but she was nonplused about my birthday and made it quite clear she had no real interest in chatting with me. Shame as she was so nice last time.

Hmmm. Well have to say everyone i met was great. Hayden was only a photo this time as I was waaaay too high VQ ticket number and Hayden was clearly not particularly happy with something (I think it was the endless amounts of photos she was having to get through judging by elsewhere on here (apologies for my lack of understanding but don't the guests know how many photos there are going to be beforehand or is this all dealt with by management or something? - it just seems really strange that they wouldn't know?)

I have been building up to meeting Gillian ever since I first saw her announced on the forum, and a friend had suggested that Gillian might be a bit of a disappointment partly because of this and the "reputation" she used to have, but I found her really friendly, really classy. Lived up to the build up. Really seems at ease with the fans now - think that is the perfect way to put it, maybe because the short term hype of the 90s has gone and what she now sees are the long term "genuine" fans if you see what I mean. I think we got to see the "genuine" Gillian today too because of that, she was able to just "be herself".

Jane Badler was a really classy lady and wow I couldn't believe how stunning she was. Natural charisma and oodles of personality. Discussed The Highwayman and why it still wasn't on DVD (think that got her involved and chatty too as I am not sure she would get as many people talking about that as V). Told her that I first saw Mission Impossible in English on holiday in Portugal of all places with Portuguese subtitles, because it just wasn't shown over here for years and I never understood why...

Jewel Staite seems to have a permanent smile on her face. Really friendly relaxed personality. I told her I hadn't seen her since 2004 (met her with Nathan and Summer hubba hubba I was happy that day) and she couldn't remember it at all not surprisingly (long time ago!). But she said she was pleased that I was back to see her and, importantly, you could see she was genuine. EDIT This was much later on (4pm), so maybe she had chilled out a bit by then (could have been tired/jetlagged first thing I guess).

Adam Baldwin - well, you have to get this guy back if you can! So many people wanted to see him, think you maybe underestimated his appeal. Soooooooooo tall and soooooo big and muscular (made me feel really inadequate lol) but seems a real big softy underneath.

Cracked a Chuck joke in the photo shoot "that explains the Crown Vic in the car park", he had a little chuckle at that (ok not that brilliant a joke but the pressure to come up with something witty can be tough...)

Adam was signing for us so late in the day, even though he was shattered. He said he would keep on going to get everyone their autographs, really went the extra mile. I told him how happy I was to have him on my Firefly DVD now (which was signed by the three others in 2004) and wished him luck for tomorrow. Really modest guy I think, genuine and just the kind of guest i love the most. Top guy!

Mitch Pileggi similar to Adam - he wasn't enjoying the heat on the photo shoot, but a very charming and "honest" guy, again very modest, asked detailed questions about how and where I wanted my X Files comic book signed. Smashing.

Nicholas Lea - A little surreal, think he was probably knackered - got his auto at like 5.50 and his area was pitch black (what was that all about?). Told him how amazing it was to be there today seeing everyone as a big XPhile and I think he appreciated that for how it was meant.

Missed out on Jeri due to time but I did see her way back in the 90s when she was over for a convention, which most people wouldn't have done, so it is now 1-1 or maybe deuce since it was Wimbledon final today :poki:

Too tired to go back tomorrow and seen most of what i wanted other than John Simm and the Hunted talk, but hope the guests are as lovely for you tomorrow as they were today for me!!! And when you meet Adam, be gentle with him as he'll be knackered ;)

Thanks for bringing wonderful guests over and making today so special, warts (Baldwin photoshoots) and all!

EDIT - I normally mix the big guests with some of the "smaller" ones - that way you get to see the biggies you have always dreamed of (Gillian has often been in my dreams over the years cough) and you also get more personal experiences with less busy guests (which is why I made a point to see Jane Badler yesterday which paid off because she was lovely)

Edited by Sir Jim

Gillian fantastic but interaction was of course brief, but her Talk was very funny. Mitch Pileggi super sweet, Nick Lea insanely talkative and kind, Anthony Head was so nice and even recorded a message for my sister. :)

Hayden seemed a bit annoyed at something. I was shocked when It was on 380 at ticket number on the VQ and me being at 781 they told me it was open queuing. She didn't speak much but I know she complained about her back to her manager so I guess that's why my experience with her wasn't as good.

I can't just pick one.

Jeri Ryan was awesome and so friendly.

Adam Baldwin was really pleasant and shook my hand twice.

Nicholas Lea was very friendly even though early on on Friday his pen exploded!

Hayden was nice in the photoshoot - i had my 10 month old daughter and she took time to say hello to her and shook her hand before the photo. Gillian was brief but polite and smiled.

For me i saw anthony head quite early in the morning and he was the nicest person - posed for a photo, asked how old my daughter was who was asleep in her buggy and said if i was passing later and if she was awake to wave and hed come and say hello to her. Lots of time and interaction,

Also - i hadnt been planning to meet 'the todd' from scrubs but we caught him with no queue and thought as he was in his scrubs costume it would be cool to get a photo with him as it would be quite rare! We were chatting to him for about 5 minutes, he high-fived my daughter and we got a picture of that and was asking lots of question about everything and anything.

For me - the whole 'meeting a guest' experience is about having a few minutes with each guest. Rushing to meet hayden and her not having time to say hello - i would never class that as 'meeting someone'. I would glady pay more money to have say 5 minutes chating to a person or having a meet and greet with a few other attendees so you have time to ask questions. The whole queue up for ages and have someone scribble their auto and not look up isnt for me and i wont be coming to another event as big as this unless they offered a meet and greet. But thats just my opinion!

With me it was ben browder he reconised me cause ive met him three times before i was in the green room and he said it was nice to see me again we chatted about what he was doing recently and about his moustache he also said that i always one his fav fans he ever met. Ben your a great bloke hope to see him again someday

Charles Dance....possibly the most gorgeous guest I've ever met...that man exudes sex appeal and charm from every pore...he made my Birthday Photo Shoot the ABSOLUTE best and sent my poor old 54 yr old hormones from zero to 10,000 in 2 seconds!... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Shame I had to leave before the photo arrived back.....cannot wait to get it in the post in a couple of weeks' time...

Craig Parker was awesome. Loved my autograph time with him. So friendly and chatty, a real asset to the show. Bring him back everytime I say!!

Alex Winter - the main reason I attended the show. Amazing guest, so lovely and friendly, a dream come true to meet him. Truely lovely guy. Thank you SM for bringing him over.

:smile: