Bad photos from photo sessions

I also have an issue with my photograph with Alex Winter, it is clearly over exposed and to be honest I could of taken a better photograph with my cheap camera at the table! Having spent literally thousands on photoshoots at LFCC over this years, I must admit this is the first photo I've been disappointed with (though I am waiting for 4 others to be posted to me from the same area) but it really isn't worth the £15 I paid :(

Just as a sideline with the Gillian photoshoot - most of the Crew I spoke to were absolutely awesome and helpful but there was the one guy who was shouting out the ticket numbers for the afternoon shoot on Saturday who I thought was unbeliveibly rude by shouting out for people to "Vanish" and being sarcatic in general if they were waiting for the Gillian shoot just at the end of the photoshoot previous to that one. I understand that some people were causing an obstruction, bu I dont think the best way to tell them to move is to tll them to "vanish", they've paid alot of money and just want to make sure they dont miss their slot.

I also have an issue with my photograph with Alex Winter, it is clearly over exposed and to be honest I could of taken a better photograph with my cheap camera at the table! Having spent literally thousands on photoshoots at LFCC over this years, I must admit this is the first photo I've been disappointed with (though I am waiting for 4 others to be posted to me from the same area) but it really isn't worth the £15 I paid :(

I had the same trouble with my Nicholas Lea photo. Tried to sort it out there but didn't like the way I was spoken to by a crew member in a blue top.

Over exposure seems to be a problem with certain shoots at the weekend.

Anyway gotta get back to sulking as i am allowed to do that, opinions on here though are banned
Oh please don't distort the truth. You're allowed to express an opinion that using a professional off-site photo lab is bad PR, and I'm allowed to express an opinion to the contrary and ask the basis of your opinion. You are then entitled to explain your position. Although I suppose you're also entitled to not explain your opinion, and instead exclaim huffily about opinions not being allowed. But saying that opinions aren't allowed is a demonstrable falsehood.

But let's let that be water under the bridge. I was, and remain, genuinely interested to know why using a professional off-site photo lab is bad PR. Please, enlighten me.

Let me put it this way to end this...u are right i am wrong!!! there you go all over!!!!
OK, I can live with that; I've offered you a couple of chances to enter into mature, rational, polite debate and exchange of viewpoints, and you've declined. I'm content to leave it at that, since that seems to be your wish.

Thought the man organising the queue at Photo Area B was amazing....efficient, in ticket number order, refusing absolutely to have "push-ins" and with a loud clear voice to be heard over all that noise around...

Thank you for your compliment, and also thank you (although most won't read it!) to the vast majority of the public in that area who co-operated and didn't try to push the boundaries through the day. Glad you enjoyed yourself :)

• Like 2

Just as a sideline with the Gillian photoshoot - most of the Crew I spoke to were absolutely awesome and helpful but there was the one guy who was shouting out the ticket numbers for the afternoon shoot on Saturday who I thought was unbeliveibly rude by shouting out for people to "Vanish" and being sarcatic in general if they were waiting for the Gillian shoot just at the end of the photoshoot previous to that one. I understand that some people were causing an obstruction, bu I dont think the best way to tell them to move is to tll them to "vanish", they've paid alot of money and just want to make sure they dont miss their slot.

Sometimes humour can be useful when you're dealing with crowds. However, it is a difficult thing to do well, and unfortunately sometimes people aren't as funny as they think they are.

Area B was the area for Mitch Pileggi and that photo shoot was absolutely fantastic and am happy to say so.

Area D photo shoot for Nicholas Lea - the photo shoot itself went great from what I could see so no problems with the actual shoot at all. But the photo itself when it came out - wow, I have never in fifteen years of getting photos seen a worse one.

Let's get this in perspective - I have had many many photos from SM and others and never had a significant issue before (apart from a bad hair day :lol: ) so for the 999 previous photos thanks very much. But something went waay wrong yesterday with the Nicholas Lea photo and others in that area and we can never have that moment back unfortunately.

So clearly there is no other option now - get Nicholas back for next year...

Edited by Sir Jim

i saw that it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that they had issues of lighting in some of the photo areas.

what i found was that my photo for holly taken on saturday in was in area C and was somewhat over exposed, but then on the sunday in the same area with different photographer it wasnt... not sure it was the area but the photographer

3 photos that i had done by the same photographer were all overexposed. Never had that problem before and didnt realise you could get them redone.

Absolutely loved the game of thrones pictures, even when my friend had two because the first was overly dark, even that looked awesome as it gave an extra moody feel to the picture, so thank you for that opportunity

i saw that it was mentioned somewhere in this thread that they had issues of lighting in some of the photo areas.

what i found was that my photo for holly taken on saturday in was in area C and was somewhat over exposed, but then on the sunday in the same area with different photographer it wasnt... not sure it was the area but the photographer

3 photos that i had done by the same photographer were all overexposed. Never had that problem before and didnt realise you could get them redone.

Absolutely loved the game of thrones pictures, even when my friend had two because the first was overly dark, even that looked awesome as it gave an extra moody feel to the picture, so thank you for that opportunity

Can you get them redone? Surely its too late now?

From personal expirience, seeing the photos unpacked from a photo wallets from high street chemist leads to the impression that photos were not printed on site!

For this I would be glad; a friend of mine works in the R&D section of one of the leading producers of the expensive on-site printers. Whilst the official company line is that their current printers are as good as lab printers, privately he will concede they are not. (My eyes agree with him.) They're getting there, but not yet. Another concern would be that these devices work best when they are used regularly and preferably static or semi-static. In a fixed place at a theme park running pretty much everyday of the dear is ideal. Hammered hard for a couple of days, chucked in a van and bumped around on a 50 mile journey, chucked in a cupboard and left for a few weeks before being chucked in a van and bumped around on another journey etc is sub-optimal. With the best will in the world and all the design you can manage, stuff is going to get shaken, possibly out of alignment or into places where it shouldn't be, and a long-ish lay-off may lead to the odd thing sticking or gumming.

Of course, it may all work swimmingly, but give me a choice and I'll take prints on from professional lab equipment that's running everyday with folks who probably have a decent training and equipment cleaning regime.

Seconded. Photo printers of the kind required are pretty complicated things. My simple DVD player got jolted moving house and was never quite the same (always got an odd look when I'd load a DVD and then thump the top of the player to "jolt" the laser to read it). Mind you, maybe allowing guests/crew to thump the photo printer would be therapeutic :poki:

My Adam one was over exposed. But I heard someone say that the test photos were fine, so maybe the lighting coming in through the glass ceiling windows affected things - the weather was certainly changeable from blue sky to overcast regularly. But the pro photographers should really be able to see that.

I wish I'd asked for a repeat Adam Baldwin photo on Sunday, but hey ho.

Area D photo shoot for Nicholas Lea - the photo shoot itself went great from what I could see so no problems with the actual shoot at all. But the photo itself when it came out - wow, I have never in fifteen years of getting photos seen a worse one.

Let's get this in perspective - I have had many many photos from SM and others and never had a significant issue before (apart from a bad hair day :lol: ) so for the 999 previous photos thanks very much. But something went waay wrong yesterday with the Nicholas Lea photo and others in that area and we can never have that moment back unfortunately.

I totally agree! The only place fit for my photo with Nicholas Lea is the bin!

All of my pictures by Malcolm (and the young lady who normally does the second area but name escapes me) came out top quality as normal. Every photo taken by the other two "photographers" came out over-exposed, or in the case of my Nicholas Lea one, slightly out of focus. The guy (again, name escape) who was taking The Iron Throne pictures has been used in the past for photoshoots and has always done a good job. Love my throne pics.

On the other hand. finding someone to talk about the quality and imperfections of your photoshoot proved a challenge in itself.

I totally agree! The only place fit for my photo with Nicholas Lea is the bin!

I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks that about their Saturday photo. Had to leave before my Sunday re-shoot came back... so am hoping that one is OK.

I was quite disappointed by the quality of the 'costume' chris Judge was meant to be wearing, I understand that maybe they can't sell anything with the SG1 logo on or something ( i don't know) but it really wasn't a costume, i'd seen better cosplayers, no headpiece and his jacket looked a mess!

But i would have regretted not getting it so... you can't win them all i suppose!

Can you put the photo online so we can all have a look??

I must have got lucky. Had a Jewel photo done on Saturday had one done and the photo guy went no I'll take ist again (fine by me as I had my arm round Jewel for abit longer :smile: ) Anyway when I went to collect my photo I pick it up only to find the other one of me underneath it as well and both looked great. So I got 2 for the price of one. Makes up for the crap sound in the Gillian talk.

Edited by jediwarrior

I was quite disappointed by the quality of the 'costume' chris Judge was meant to be wearing, I understand that maybe they can't sell anything with the SG1 logo on or something ( i don't know) but it really wasn't a costume, i'd seen better cosplayers, no headpiece and his jacket looked a mess!

But i would have regretted not getting it so... you can't win them all i suppose!

Once i saw what this was like I must admit I was glad I didn't go for it and just had an ordinary one with him. I thought it was going to be in full costume with badges, makeup etc. Looked very poor to me.

I also noticed a lot of very over exposed and badly framed photos on the tables. Thankfully all of mine I'm happy with, other than they have me in as I hate pictures of myself but better to have them than not.

I must have got lucky. Had a Jewel photo done on Saturday had one done and the photo guy went no I'll take ist again (fine by me as I had my arm round Jewel for abit longer :smile: ) Anyway when I went to collect my photo I pick it up only to find the other one of me underneath it as well and both looked great. So I got 2 for the price of one. Makes up for the crap sound in the Gillian talk.

They often print both if they take two. I got two with Holly, though only saw the second one after going round the photo tables one last time before leaving as it wasn't with the one I'd picked up earlier and the second is a much better photo so glad I did look.

I had concerns with my Nicholas Lea photo from Saturday too but I only got it back at the very last minute (I was in the talent show) and wasn't attending Sunday so didn't think about a re-take. Partly because of the lighting issues as someone else said My glasses are in the middle of my eyes and in the past with glasses, like with eyes shut or something, they have told me to push them up before re-taking, or to tilt my head.I think it was partly my fault for letting them go down/tilting my head (as I have been asked to do at previous events) but the ones from my Zach shoot in the same area/photographer earlier in the day were fine so maybe it was because it was later and more of a rush to get things done, I don't know.

Yep, I'm afraid 3 out of my 4 photos in area D were a bit washed out. First time this has ever happened and I've been going to SM events for many years now. According to a reliable source, the test shots had been fine but as soon as the sun started shining through the roof things went a bit Pete Tong. A great shame. They did try to work around this on Sunday but it was still not brilliant, I'm afraid. My John Bradley one in D was fine, though. Perhaps it was overcast at that point. ;) I don't want to blame the photographer for the naff ones, though, because he did perfectly nice ones of me at Collectormania MK in June.

Very happy with all my other photos - the only thing making any of them worse was me when I was too hot and red-faced, the dreaded additional chins appeared or my smile went into rictus mode, but on the whole, they came out really well. My thanks to all the photographers involved; Malcolm and Danielle are always great, and the chappie manning B on Sunday did a good job too. Oh, and I loved my Iron Throne photo! So glad I got a chance to do that on the Sunday.

Edited by CosmicAvatar

But the pro photographers should really be able to see that.

A qualified or suitably experienced photographer might but there is little chance if your photographer is only "professional" by dint of being paid :-(

im being a bit lazy and have not read all this thread, but my opinions on the photos are

A - rushed, not centred on some photos,

B- some were badly over exposed, too bright, look really poor quality.

C- the plain blue old background is awful!

D - some of the on site prints were much poorer quality than off site (or the recent event tht did onsite) though maybe im being picky on this point?

E- the chris judge costume was a bit of a micky take, full make up and costume it was meant to be, turned out to be a plain green jump suit, not happy with that tbh

3 of the photographers are regs at cons in some form or another and are very nice ppl, but this event, alot seemed off in one way or another with the photos.

Wasn't it the same price as non-costume photo, though? I thought it was just a nice bonus - and I don't think there's much fancier you could get with green BDUs and jacket over a black t-shirt, patches notwithstanding. (But I can see you'd be surprised if you'd been expecting a jaffa costume.)

(I'm still totally blown away by what a nice guy he is!)