A Big Thank You to Showmasters

Yes, Thankyou Showmasters for another successful Convention, yet again accomplished 100% of what I needed, photoshoots shot, signatures signed. After hearing the negatives from Saturday, I see that measures were taken to improve things for Sunday, so well done team. Staff as usual were doing a thanklass task to a very high standard, so well done team again.

Also good to see the photo staff still wearing their gloves...no fingerprints on my prints.

Just need some guest announcements for Entertainment Media Show to give me something to look forward to. Maybe do a catch up on some of the cancelled guests from previous shows like Temuera Morrison for example? Or start planning the DUNE 30th anniversary cast reunion in 2014. HINT. HINT.

Anyway, keep up the good work and I'll keep on attending. Cheers SM team.

A very BIG individual thanks to Jason :)

Its no secret that I have kept an almost contant eye on this forum since February hoping that we wouldnt see "Guest cancellation Gillian Anderson" I know at one point she was scheduled to star in "I'll follow you down" and I thought "Oh crap!" this may be that this wont happen with Gillian now until I was assured that her schedule wouldn't affect her appearance here.

Mitch then went into full giggly schoolboy mode and told us how he loved hearing "Gilly" call him "Sir." LOL :) And how that he had such a crush on her.

I was asked by the Guy how many, and I said "Five please." took out the money that I had saved up for, and enough people know how I had decided how many I was going to go for. I was also very surprised that personalisations were allowed!!!!!!

The Mitch Pileggi shoot was quite long when I'd got to it and this snaked around quite a bit, Mitch loved what I had, the badge, the ID etc and that made it worth it.

Afterwards I had a bit of a sit down to rest my feet but I was soon on them again when I saw Catwoman ;) There was also Irene (The Domme) Adler from Sherlock cosplayer too - it turned out ironically we were sitting next to each other at the Gillian Talk.

Nicholas Lea, Mitch Pileggi and Adam Baldwin were all lovely, for some reason Adam was standing up and was listening to music :) He was a lovely guy as was both Nicholas and Mitch.

The countdown was really worth it. :) obviously (in my opinion) because of Gillian Anderson

Had to edit down your essay KR :sleep: lol

Sorry KR, have no idea what you look like so no idea if we chatted or not yesterday, but i think we were probably at opposite ends of the queues lol

1) You and me were both praying madly all that time for the "Guest cancellation" post not to appear

2) Skinner's crush on Scully from your talk question made me laugh when I saw it on the XFN report

3) Cannot believe these idiots with the photo requests and "hugs" in the middle of talks. If only we could identify them beforehand and lock them out

4) FIVE autos - I am sure that you stated repeatedly you were never going above 3 :rolleyes:

5) Shame I missed you in your cosplay with the sunflower seeds bet that was awesome...

Have to say it was a REALLY big bonus (and something of a pleasant surprise) to get personalisations on my 2 autos, Gillian asked me where I wanted her to sign the I Want To Believe poster, really professional with everyone and most importantly she seemed genuinely happy to be there and enjoying the day and the interaction. Which was very important to me as hopefully, hopefully, that means that one day she might be back.

So, Jason, have you got her to make that call to David about LFCC 2013 yet... :lol:;)

Roll on next year! :coolthumb:

PS Sorry about any "bitching" about Saturday's organisation on other forum posts. I DO know that everyone did their best, just wish for it to be the best that it possibly can and, apart for the chaos with Adam Baldwin, for me it would have been. I am a senior manager where i work so I know not everything can always be under control, but for me the communication always seems to break down rather easily when things go wrong and I would start there.

PPS Catwoman - raaawr

Edited by Sir Jim

Apart from a couple of minor irratations with the talks, I would like to say a big thank you to all those who organised and made this weekend possible.

The hard work and effort to set something like this up is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Showmaster! I've spent a beautiful week end meeting all these wonderful people! Thanks to all the crew members who were always very nice and smiling. Can't wait for the next one!

I have to say, the Showmasters crew you are AMAZING!! We had clashes galore this weekend and every one of them was sorted wonderfully...I love you guys, thank-you oh so much. Shame the Olympia staff caused chaos getting in on Saturday but I know you can't control that and they obviously got the message as this morning was much better..........LOVED this show! thank-you so much! :clap::dance:

THANK YOU SM!!!!!

I know it can't have been an easy weekend for you, and yes there were problems. Having said that this was still a BRILLIANT event!!!! So thanks for all your hard work and dedication for us fans, you did us proud again!

Also, thanks to all the crew, you worked your butts off all weekend! You rock, massively! :thumbup:

Yes a massive massive thank you for the excellent organization.

A couple of suggestions. The photo collie tion points at any event is always bedlam and too crowded. I'd suggest at LFCC to have that upstairs, spread out with labelled tables. And roped off queuing areas for photoshoots would be good as the zig zag queue looked like just s crowd at first. Otherwise all went perfectly. 7 photoshoots all done no problem. Thank you again. :)

For half an hour I had time to kill and a low VQT so I desperately (as Mulder) was in pursuit of my Friends as they were coming with me to meet Gillian as well, and couldnt find them anywheres so if I seemed in a mad dash or anything to anyone I apologise as I was very concerned about where my Friends were, the line for Gillians queue was going quite quick, once inside I looked at the pics and had to choose two that I liked the most of, by this time my Friends did show up and the guy behind the desk said it would be ok if I called them in, that my stuff would be safe so I quickly went to say "Its ok, you can come in." (They had vqts as well by the way so its not that any rules were broken).

I was asked by the Guy how many, and I said "Five please." took out the money that I had saved up for, and enough people know how I had decided how many I was going to go for. I was also very surprised that personalisations were allowed!!!!!!

Things were even better when I got to her desk and had that smile and warm greeting (part of me can't quite remember what I said but I know it was something along the lines of "Thank you for doing this." I couldnt believe that I was putting my (very special and at that point not touched by anyone else) X-Files DVD Boxset, X-Files Series Boxset, X-Files I Want To Believe and two X-Files 10x8s in front of Gillian Anderson, she was very lovely with signing the first boxset, I asked her to personalise the X-Files Series Boxset, she asked if I wanted the X-Files I Want To Believe personalised as well I of course said yes and one of the 10x8s as well. What a moment that was :)

Afterwards I came out smiling and somewhat overwhelmed, for me it was like Christmas! Got chatting to a very lovely Forum Friend who (in his words) "Thats the most expensive photo I've taken." as I got all the stuff signed by Gillian all together for an impromptu photo, afterwards it was all carefully but with haste all wrapped up in the bubble wrap that helped protect my pieces. I couldnt help but hug my Friend, needed to express my utter happiness :)

Hi KingRichard76,

I was that 'Forum Friend' on Saturday. I was waiting outside Gillian's 'bunker' for my wife and daughter who has gone in to meet her when I saw you staggering out with you arms laden with signed X-Files goodies! I'd been following your postings on the forum all week and when I spotted you in your X-cellent Mulder suit earlier in the day I was wondering how your meeting with Gillian went. Well I could tell immediately from the huge grin on your face and the fact you were shaking with X-citement that it'd been memorable! I loved the fact that when I asked you what she'd said you couldn't recall a single thing (I know the feeling!). Really pleased the day lived up to your X-pectations - and I have to say, apart from my 6-yr old daughter's legendary interations with the guests (including Gillian) - that moment when you emerged triumphant from the Gillian 'bunker' was a real highlight of LFCC for me.

• Like 1

i had a blast, the people who decided to push in were at fault on sat morning not the crew, people know where they are in the line and took advantage of the door being open, i had to help some guy hold onto his kid, we were near the front of the queue, but jason sorted it. please we are all there for ths same thing, i know if a guest is only there one day you want to make sure you see them, but there were kids being pushed around for god sake, is it really worth injuring someone for?? sorry needed to get that off my chest

apart from the issue above i had a great time, met some brilliant guests, attendees and staff

I also want a big round of applause to organisers and entire crew, and a big thanx for the work done to make this happen

I never heard of it and was pointed to it 2 months ago saw the guests i loved to see were coming hayden,holly,jeri,jane,karl,jewels etc

i booked a flight and hotel for the event and left from amsterdam to london, it was worth every penny.

Friday we got the entrance tickets at the door and all photoshoot tickes for saterday i wanted, iwas pleased to see all worked fine for me and met great guests and people there

R.E.S.P.E.C.T!

• Like 1

O.k there were a couple of things that didn't go right for me (late photoshoots)but still a really fun day meeting guests i wouldn't normally get to see and meeting up with people i know so that was a highlight and allways look forward to it..so thank you showmasters, good value, good staff and look forward to the next one.