Photo collection shambles

Whilst I appreciate the photos take a time to process etc there is no explanation as to why a large pile of Gillian Anderson photos from the 9.30 am session sat in a pile whilst the two or three girls laying out the photos brought ones straight from the room behind to the tables for display ( this was around 2pm ).

If you lay out the earlier photos first then you won't have crowds of people pushing to get photos from around 5 hours earlier. Also why on earth were the Gillian Anderson photos in at least 4 different places, you knew how many photos there were as you'd sold the tickets surely this must give an indication as to how much space to leave for each guest !!

Yep...I had only 3 photo ops...had to wait well over 4+ hrs for 2 morning ones and leave my name and address for the other 2 pm one as I just could not physically stand and wait any longer... :(....I'm getting too old and too tired for all this now...it's too big and much more unmanageable...think LFCC is now a back burner over other priorities......:(

I much preferred the older, quieter, with less guest days....:(

• Like 2

I didn't have a problem waiting for photos to be displayed. The problem i have was with the selfish customers that stood in front of the entire table setup because their photo was not there and so they would wait until it was put out. Looking around they see other people trying to see if their photo was out yet they ignore this and continue to stand in front blocking everyone's view until their photo is out.

This is the biggest problem with photo distribution, it is not the staff or the process it is the selfish people that don't give a toss about anyone else besides themselves.

• Like 13

I didn't have a problem waiting for photos to be displayed. The problem i have was with the selfish customers that stood in front of the entire table setup because their photo was not there and so they would wait until it was put out. Looking around they see other people trying to see if their photo was out yet they ignore this and continue to stand in front blocking everyone's view until their photo is out.

This is the biggest problem with photo distribution, it is not the staff or the process it is the selfish people that don't give a toss about anyone else besides themselves.

I do think this caused a big problem with the distribution, but you can't solely blame it on patrons (understandably) waiting for their photos...although this did ultimately slow the process down, as no new photos could be put down as people couldn't get to see whether their photos were there.

Due to the amount of photos and guests it's difficult to try and figure out an efficient way without complicating the process too much. Considering each ticket for photos are numbered, then maybe the photos could be numbered or serialised in relation to that, so during the collection, you hand your ticket over where the photos are filed by number. Or perhaps have multiple printing stations and each photo can be printed in real time when collected by a staff member who finds the photo and then prints it there and then (much like in Boots or Kodak shops).

All sounds complicated, but the current model obviously is flawed. It's difficult due to the sheer scale of it all.

• Like 1

4 Photo Areas working round the clock for the day taking hundreds of photos....massive increase from earlier years where it was 2 at most....going to be a logistical nightmare...not all the people were just "standing around"...they were going back and forth because they'd been told that their photos were ready at either A or B, only to get there and find that the photos hadn't got to that table yet...then they had to go back again and enquire what was happening...I myself walked back and forth, and round and round for over an hour and a half...and I only had 3 photoshoots today!!...and one of those I will have to wait for in the post...:(

• Like 2

This should be really simple to fix, use the photo system in place at theme park rides. Go in have your picture exit and go to a booth / table and its already printing for you to pick-up and take away.

Just make sure you have enough printers for the volume expected. All photos as taken are auto numbered to keep them in order with the shots being taken.

No queues , no late pick-ups and happy customers.

Hammy

I do think this caused a big problem with the distribution, but you can't solely blame it on patrons (understandably) waiting for their photos...although this did ultimately slow the process down, as no new photos could be put down as people couldn't get to see whether their photos were there.

I'm not solely blaming it on the patrons, but they do not help and they do cause the biggest problem in photo distribution. I myself went over there and struggled not only to be able to see if my photo was there but i struggled to even see which guest they were for. After failing miserably to actually be able to see anything through the ignorant crowd I went away and came back later only to find the same ignorant crowd of people still there still blocking the view.

Maybe the balcony should have been used for photo distrubution and each guest having photos have their own table with a sign above so we know who is on what table. All Showmasters need is a bit of organisational thinking.

• Like 3

I felt extremely sorry for the table distribution queue....they had absolutely no clue as to times, and/or what was going on...they could not answer any questions because they didn't have any information.....I was told that Jewel Staite's photos got mixed up with the Throne ones at one stage!!... :crying:

Yeah I totally know what you mean, it was a real battle to even see which guest photos were where; and then it didn't help when the same guest photos were split in two different places.

I know the crew were doing the best they could with what they had and I applaud them for that...and only hope this is all taken as constructive criticism I hope only to improve it for everyone for future events.

Upstairs (if possible) could be perfect, if the same process is kept in place...if only to help with the collection of photos. Which in turn could help with more space for dealers/guests?

Why can't photos go on the wall rather than on the table, so that everyone can see what is there rather than trying to view other the heads of the zombies who will not move?

Put them on numbered slots, like theme park rides, then people can say what number they are.

They lost a decent number of Gillian Andersons 2nd photoshoot too. Didnt bother informing us they wouldnt be back until Jason came up with a half hearted apology at around 7pm. Awful Communication, Ancient photo distrubution methods and getting charged an extra tenner on my parking cause i stayed over 10 hours trying to find my missing photos...needless to say i wont be back tomorrow as planned.

Also, another thing to highlight for next time, the poster marking which photos were where was very difficult to see and was only viewable from a very small field of view on one side.

Also the A and B table were difficult to determine which was which. Again a little feedback for something to improve it for next time.

Also, another thing to highlight for next time, the poster marking which photos were where was very difficult to see and was only viewable from a very small field of view on one side.

I mentioned that at the beginning of my long afternoon wait, doing as we've always been told to send feedback for problems directly to the staff instead of waiting to mention it on the forum afterwards...was told that it would be rectified as it was indeed very difficult to see ....sadly it was still there in the same place when I left gone 5 pm...:(

I did try...;)

I had 2 photos taken between 12 and 1 and nether where back by the time I left at just before 6pm. I get the feeling to many photos where sold to be processed in time.

I have to concur with the constructive criticism related to the photoshoots. I had only 1 photoshoot today and had to wait pretty much the entire day to pick up the photo.

I really don't understand this at all - I have been to an event in the US where the photoshoot pictures are simply uploaded to a website (perhaps for a limited time) where people can simply download their photos to their computer. If they wish to order a print of differing sizes, this is a relatively simple matter.

For those who simply wanted the print in their hand on the day, this was also an option when the photoshoot had concluded.

No fuss, no crowds waiting 4, 5, 6 hours for a single photo. Just wait a couple of hours if you choose, or download it (or order prints, etc) at a later date if you wish. Is it really that difficult?!?!

• Like 2

YES. If a table is maxed out with photos and you don't see yours, then don't stand there hogging space. Do you think if you keep watching the table it will miraculously appear?

If you move away and let people have a look and collect theirs, it makes space for yours. You spend less time waiting, I spend less time waiting. Staff and volunteers have less harrassment.

Everyone wins! :clap:

YES. If a table is maxed out with photos and you don't see yours, then don't stand there hogging space. Do you think if you keep watching the table it will miraculously appear?

If you move away and let people have a look and collect theirs, it makes space for yours. You spend less time waiting, I spend less time waiting. Staff and volunteers have less harrassment.

Everyone wins! :clap:

You are right, Firecracker, but you have also to consider that people hang around because they are actally browsing through the 1000s photos to find theirs and that takes time.

• Like 1